Myth of salary compared to how elite a player is

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You guys won’t be happy until Dak is highest paid player. And San Fran has a defense. Which once we overpay all our offensive players we will not have any money to build a defense. I know Dak is going to get paid and probably Cooper too, I just hope the contracts are structured so we can build a top notch defense.
Jimmy set the QB market when he signed his, based on 7 games. Yeah, their defense wasn't buildable.

kskboys

Reaction score
I've use this before and I'm going to use it again. I remember when we could buy a 5 stick pack of Wrigley's gum for 5 cents, what's the cost of gum today? The people that say that Prescott should only get 25 mil a year max are the same people that want to buy gum for what it once was instead of what it costs today.. They either fail to realize or understand that the price of players go up every year. These people want the price that it was in previous years instead of what the actual price is today.
That's not what I've observed on here at all.

And the price of gum has nothing to do w/ winning super bowls.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jimmy set the QB market when he signed his, based on 7 games. Yeah, their defense wasn't buildable.
And now it'll be interesting to see if they can keep that D together. SF has blown chunks for a long time, so at present we're seeing the results of a ton of very high draft picks. Since you can't pay everyone, will JimmyG's contract be a big reason why the D starts taking steps back. And it didn't appear that Jimmy can carry the team.

kskboys

Reaction score
Mahomes is not just a legendary SB winning QB already but also rated #3 all time??
Wow! :laugh:
There is nothing "legendary" about Eli Manning as far as I'm concerned. :thumbdown:
And Staubach at 11 under Eli? C'moooooooooon.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not sure what stats you looking at.

Henry had the most rushes this season but Zeke only had 2 less carries than Henry. Zeke was 39th in the league in average yard per rush, 5th in yards per game and 5th in total yards including receiving. I'm not saying Zeke is terrible but he didn't play as the best back in the league which is what his salary says.........oh yea, so chew on that

LMAO in no worlds is or was Zeke 39th in AVG you must remove all QBs, RB with half the carriers who dont qualify, and OTHER runner categories and simply put him with the top backs with similar carries you know frontline be heavily used starters who averages get effected by volume.. good try zekes still top 5 either way.. both in yards, YPOC, and YPG..

Just becaue EE didnt get top billing this year , doesnt change that hes still GREART ie elite, has been all his lifer and even after getting paid he stayed top 4 top 5 in all pertinent categorys where a actual averages where used..

show me the 38 OTHER Running backs averages that are ahead of ZEKE(I already looked it up, his 4.5 is still top 5 with volume backs who actually start and hardly subbed for, IT MATTERS)) and they must have over 250 carries like most starting backs..they dont count when you can pad aveages with big runs and not have them watered down with volume carries..

beig in the top 5 after playig 4 yrs at high level and post contract is relevant

Hes the only top paid RB that stayed in the top 5 , Bell, gurley, Johnson and tohers DID NOT they fell off a cliff..You cant always finish #1 but staying in the top 5 since the day you took your first snap makes you elite..Henry has one grwat year and already said EE deal is starting point, zeks had 4 years at the top, lets see where some of these new RBS that finally cracked the top stay over time and after they get paid..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And now it'll be interesting to see if they can keep that D together. SF has blown chunks for a long time, so at present we're seeing the results of a ton of very high draft picks. Since you can't pay everyone, will JimmyG's contract be a big reason why the D starts taking steps back. And it didn't appear that Jimmy can carry the team.
There's a huge difference between the two franchises. While we draft projects, injured or addicted who aren't even starting caliber players, San Fran found impact players who play. There's no reason to suggest they couldn't manage to do the same in the future.

kskboys

Reaction score
There's a huge difference between the two franchises. While we draft projects, injured or addicted who aren't even starting caliber players, San Fran found impact players who play. There's no reason to suggest they couldn't manage to do the same in the future.
Yeah, but that's what everyone thought about SEA, and it turned out they can't get over the hump. That's why it'll be interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
That's not what I've observed on here at all.

And the price of gum has nothing to do w/ winning super bowls.

You're right gum as zero to do with Super Bowls. The example was that people keep comparing Prescott's could be contract amount with contracts signed in previous years and not realizing that the price for QB's goes up every year and wanting previous years levels is unrealistic.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
88 when someone posts something like Jake did why even answer. You had a good point and post. If you dont mind some advise, some of the posters here are either young kids with no brains yet or adults with no brains, no common sense and just ignorant. Good job enjoyed your points of view
Thank you for the kind words and I believe you are right about them being young kids or no brains or common sense.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
LMAO in no worlds is or was Zeke 39th in AVG you must remove all QBs, RB with half the carriers who dont qualify, and OTHER runner categories and simply put him with the top backs with similar carries you know frontline be heavily used starters who averages get effected by volume.. good try zekes still top 5 either way.. both in yards, YPOC, and YPG..

Just becaue EE didnt get top billing this year , doesnt change that hes still GREART ie elite, has been all his lifer and even after getting paid he stayed top 4 top 5 in all pertinent categorys where a actual averages where used..

show me the 38 OTHER Running backs averages that are ahead of ZEKE(I already looked it up, his 4.5 is still top 5 with volume backs who actually start and hardly subbed for, IT MATTERS)) and they must have over 250 carries like most starting backs..they dont count when you can pad aveages with big runs and not have them watered down with volume carries..

beig in the top 5 after playig 4 yrs at high level and post contract is relevant

Hes the only top paid RB that stayed in the top 5 , Bell, gurley, Johnson and tohers DID NOT they fell off a cliff..You cant always finish #1 but staying in the top 5 since the day you took your first snap makes you elite..Henry has one grwat year and already said EE deal is starting point, zeks had 4 years at the top, lets see where some of these new RBS that finally cracked the top stay over time and after they get paid..
Not sure what stats you are looking at but the top 10 backs in rushing yards this season Zeke was 7th in yards per attempt.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Also the 39th in yards per attempt only had running backs on the list not QBs like you claim. However there are some backs that registered less than 40 carries. So what number of carriers will work for you to prove to you that Zeke wasn't even a top 10 back in yards per carry....... only backs with 300 carries can count? Well that's Henry and Zeke, so guess he was top 2 with that

blueblood70

Reaction score
I said true full time starters 250 or more carried YES

YPC go way down just like shots in the NBA cant have some part time back used half the time get stacked in with the true workhorse backs who are capable of a full load and stay in all 3 downs blocking, catching, and carrying when the game son the line all 4 QTRS....

yes TROLL thats the only fair way of keeping the stats apples to apples..being able to be a 3 down back, taking 250-350 carries and not missing games with injury, pass blocking,you can also be used in the pass games etc etc etc thats what separates the greats from the good backs.. Zekes great regardless if 10 of you think hes not..players around the league state hes great, hard to tackle, hard to game plan and he may have had his bets year in 2016 but he for sure didnt peak..the online was the best we ever assembled and a healthy team with run blocking in mind is the reason, like Henry who took more then 3 yrs to finally have year like he did, it was great because of the blocking and play calling ad most importantly the offense being all in on a run based offense..

get passed it..

now go suckle on Dak a while like you typically do...Dak showed he cant be leaned on in a pass oriented offense without everyone perfect around him and that why he shouldnt get paid more then whats hes been offered....

im done debating this..