Nahshon Wright can we discuss?

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Sometimes NFL teams have very different rankings on players than media scouts. Good example is Michael Mitchell. The media lambasted the Radiers for taking Mitchell in the 2nd when most scouts had a 7th round grade on him. Bears had targeted him, and traded out immediately after he was picked
Ok, so, now I'm learning more. tks darth.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
This would be really cool if we out smarted the cat. If not i'm starting to question all these "Long arm" players and all the need for "Tall " CB/S.

Why would you consider forming any conclusions from a single player? Wright is rookie and has plenty of time prove he can make it in the NFL. Even if he does not pan out, any conclusions about his body type seems pointless. There are enough good examples of DBs with similar measurables.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Nashon needs to simply beat out Brown and or Lewis. Lewis will be the slot cb..so really he needs to beat out Brown. Let the competition begin.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I don't know how we can speculate on our 2021 draft class when we haven't even seen half of the 2020 draft class.
I was impressed that in a year when there was no TC and PS games that we were actually able to get contributions from Lamb, Diggs, Gallimore, and Baidasz. I think this is an encouraging sign from a bunch of rookies under the 2020 circumstances.

DiNucci should have been a redshirted for a full year, but did have to start on short notice, under the worst possible circumstances. At Philadelphia in the rain, gusty winds and the Eagles just blitzed relentlessly. He needed a TC and a full year to change his mechanics but got thrown into the fire and he reverted to his old habits. I think the staff still see something about him they like. I do too.

Anae has unfortunately been overhyped since day 1 and some on this board even think he should be starting based off his college career. Robinson was one of McClays pet cats and he barely even saw the field, not even on special teams. The 2020 class had to endure something that no one has ever experienced, and we all had to do this in our daily lives too.

I am so looking forward to this year with a full Training Camp and even preseason games. After going through the draft I don't even care about watching the starters, I want to see some of the young guys in game situations.

I want to see Nashon Wright and what Quinn sees. I want to see ALL the rookies, I just can't speculate because I haven't seen nothing yet.

Which is the point of my whole thread.

BTO was an awesome band.

Rayman70

Reaction score
bottomline, its begins and ends up front. Oline and dline. How those areas go, the team will go. If we failed improving those units, it will show quickly. Skill positions are sexy and sell merch/tickets/hopium etc...but the nasties up front is the true litmus test.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Why would you consider forming any conclusions from a single player? Wright is rookie and has plenty of time prove he can make it in the NFL. Even if he does not pan out, any conclusions about his body type seems pointless. There are enough good examples of DBs with similar measurables.
only one at 6'4" Browner.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
It's no secret that Quinn likes to have big boundary corners. Wright standing at 6-foot-4 was a pivotal reason for Dallas being interested in selecting him. MM is very impressed w/the kid.

They're the only "experts" I believe. The kid will make the 53. BOOM!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This could be a good teaching tool or Quinn and the Cowboys are crazy.

The experts rate him as a terrible pick and has a grade to barely make a practice squad.

7th round to PFA. From what I heard in early camp he was able to hold his own and had several splash plays.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nahshon-wright/32005752-4957-5740-9eb8-6dfd95c71177

I know time will tell obviously. To an average fan this makes no sense.

This would be really cool if we out smarted the cat. If not i'm starting to question all these "Long arm" players and all the need for "Tall " CB/S.
Great article about him just yesterday in the CZ news section:

https://sportdfw.com/2021/07/17/dallas-cowboys-curious-case-nahshon-wright/?ref=SiteHype.com

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was not being specific or exact with measurables. There are other examples of tall and or long arm DBs that have done well.

So not really his size just generic terms of tall and long so you can expand the list of success stories as much as possible.

I think it's idiotic to select the two 6'4" defensive backs in this draft when players that size rarely amount to anything. It's hard enough to find players in the draft. To choose this pool to fish in is beyond me.

This is nothing more than Marinelli all over again. A defensive coordinator getting to draft players to satisfy a fetish. For a head coach that ran his fat mouth about how he believes you just take good football players and scheme around them.

Of course Quinn isn't being criticized for it now. He the new guy. We're in the pretend he's the answer period of his tenure but when he's gone you'll agree with me.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
This was a let's throw everything against the wall and see what sticks type of draft. It almost seemed as if two different defensive coordinators were pulling the strings. So, I'm expecting the defense to struggle early on, as they try to figure out how to use some of these guys.

But it'll be interesting to see who gets more playing time Joseph or Wright. And who gets less playing time LVE or Smith. Not to mention the battle between Brown and Lewis. Heck, does anyone even know who our starting DT's are? Sounds like a big pile of mess, to me. Let's just hope camp competition makes all of these guys take a huge step forward.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I think Merton Hanks was 6'3". He was the last Tall CB I remember. Hated the "Chicken neck" dance. I think his neck was a foot Tall.:laugh:

ChubbyChiefBactrian-size_restricted.gif
He was a safety

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
The optimist in me says he is a diamond in the rough....if he practices and plays as focused and dedicated as his mouth is, we got ourselves a gem. If not, then forget i said this. this message will self destruct in 60 days.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Im rooting for him. As long as he works hard and is serious about his craft I'll root for him unlike a bum like Trysten Hill

Jfconrow

Reaction score
He looks good to me. If he can play CB I think you leave him there as long as the smaller agile WRs don’t toast him. My gut tells me if he can tackle you bulk him up and move him to SS, but at only 180lbs idk if he’s ever been a solid tackler…so getting him up to 210 that mess up his speed plus 30-40lbs is a lot of muscle to gain that’ll take a couple years. You might try him at FS, that could work. Otherwise, I think you’ve got to keep him at CB, he looks fluid

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
only one at 6'4" Browner.

And he is in jail right now, 8 years for attempted murder, I think. The Legion of Boom not looking so good now.

Earl Thomas is totally whacked out and is teaming up with his brother and sharing women at the same time. No team will even call him. That crazy. He had serious domestic issues with his wife. And the cherry on top is Sherman with his latest violent antics toward his father-in-law or whoever.

Imagine if they were Cowboys.:)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Can’t wait to watch him in preseason.

The Cowboys want to sit in cover 3 all game and he looks like he can do the job of a cover 3 guy.

He was a huge reach but he is intriguing and I’ve heard he’s looked good in all of their camps.
Can’t wait to watch him in preseason.

The Cowboys want to sit in cover 3 all game and he looks like he can do the job of a cover 3 guy.

He was a huge reach but he is intriguing and I’ve heard he’s looked good in all of their camps.

Do you find it ironic that you were the one preaching all offseason how corners arent important in Quinns defense?

Then they go out and nab two of them in the 2nd and 3rd rounds? Clearly it was a huge offseason priority with the draft.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Do you find it ironic that you were the one preaching all offseason how corners arent important in Quinns defense?

Then they go out and nab two of them in the 2nd and 3rd rounds? Clearly it was a huge offseason priority with the draft.

Also they wanted one in the 1st. Can you imagine missing out on Parsons and rolling with LVE and Jaylon. Personally I like a strong front 7.