TRADED Nahshon Wright traded

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Osa is good if you want your starting 3 tech to go without a sack for a calendar year.
In the same way Terrence Newman was a "shut down corner" as a reason why he would go years without even coming close to these unicorns called "interceptions" even though actual shut down corners like Deion would still get picks several times per year. That's the kind of "good player" that fits right in with our championship winning formula.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will we get to see Booth in the game on Sunday?
Or will they hold him out to give him a week of practice?

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
No, he was O’connell’s first draft

Vikings had a CB die this offseason, and two others are currently dealing with moderate leg injuries. If Booth couldn’t stick on that roster… yikes
Yikes is closing in on 12K posts on a rival team's forum. You need a hobby outside of this man. It's just football.

kskboys

Reaction score
In the same way Terrence Newman was a "shut down corner" as a reason why he would go years without even coming close to these unicorns called "interceptions" even though actual shut down corners like Deion would still get picks several times per year. That's the kind of "good player" that fits right in with our championship winning formula.
Did he?

Deion had 14 INT's for us in 5 years. That's 2.8 INT's per season.

TNew had 32 INT's in 9 years. That's 3.5 INT's per season.

High for INT's in a season while playing for us:
TNew: 5
Deion: 5

I think your hindsight is failing you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Unless they're our CB prospects, then we keep them around for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not sure about that anymore. Jerry has swapped a couple. First one didn’t work out. Let’s see about this one. If they were trading for guys I wish it was at DT. Pretty clear the analytics guys have convinced Jerry and his ruddy faced nepo baby that DTs are a dime a dozen.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not sure about that anymore. Jerry has swapped a couple. First one didn’t work out. Let’s see about this one. If they were trading for guys I wish it was at DT. Pretty clear the analytics guys have convinced Jerry and his ruddy faced nepo baby that DTs are a dime a dozen.
Nashon was drafted in 21. We've kept him on the roster for 3 years. Eric Scott is on his 2nd year. How many years was Reggie Robinson here? 3, I think.

Why? Because we ignore the biggie for CB success, lateral agility. If you can't turn, you can't mirror a WR. If you can't mirror a WR he is open. Open WRs catch passes.

kskboys

Reaction score
What in the heck are you talking about?

Do you watch the games?
If you want to comprehend Coogles, think Groot. Coogles only knows one word, Coogles. He sits in front of his TV and says Coogles? Coogles!!! Cooglecooglecoogle. It's like Groot, you have to listen to tone and inflections to understand what he says. I'm sure he has a universal translater hooked up to his computer so it comes out as something other than "COOOGLLLEESSSSS!!!!"

CCBoy

Reaction score
OXNARD, Calif. - The Dallas Cowboys are finalizing a trade to send cornerback Nahshon Wright to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for cornerback Andrew Booth.
The move comes just two days before the start of the preseason, as both Wright and Booth get a fresh start in a defensive system that may benefit each a little more.
Booth, a second-round pick of the Vikings in 2022, has played in 23 games including all 17 last year. He has just two career starts and no interceptions.

08_09_nahshontrade_andrewbooth

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-vikings-swapping-corners-in-trade

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I’m amazed anyone would give up anything for Wright. He may be the worst corner in the league

Carson

Reaction score
I’m amazed anyone would give up anything for Wright. He may be the worst corner in the league
I believe Booth is the more talented of the two.

however, it’s alarming with the Vikings injuries at corner that they were willing to ship one out.

IMO, Wright is replacing Jackson who tragically passed away. Wright has the tall 6’4 frame they likely covet

Jarntt

Reaction score
Good trade. Wright was going to be cut Or a wasted roster spot. Booth will make the 53 because otherwise there would be a $1M dead cap hit and you aren’t bringing a guy on for two weeks just to take that on. Minnesota was likely to cut him and now they save a little bit of his dead money. Makes sense for both teams but I’m happy with our side of the trade. Give him a year in a new place to see if he can earn a bottom of the roster spot or maybe a rotation role. I’ll trust Zimmer here