Name Brand Or Not?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I thought this would be fun. I'll start it so everyone knows what the title means.

I will NEVER buy a cheaper version of mayonnaise just to save a few dollars. It has to be Hellmans.
tenor.gif

waldoputty

Reaction score
I thought this would be fun. I'll start it so everyone knows what the title means.

I will NEVER buy a cheaper version of mayonnaise just to save a few dollars. It has to be Hellmans.
tenor.gif
i rather know the ingredient list.
is it organic etc?
of course @Corso, @dallasdave and @LocimusPrime wants more bovine secretions etc.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I will never buy store brand soft drinks over name brand ones. There is definitely a taste difference.
I will never buy store brand Mac and cheese over Velveeta shells and cheddar.
I never buy soft drinks, unless I have cheap liquor that requires mixing.
I only make mac and cheese myself with true, farm grown bovine secretions.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

tenor.gif
Hellman's is the first thing I thought of, when reading this. No other mayo is any good.
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Bounce fabric sheets (I recently discovered the generic or Arm and Hammer brands just suck.)
Barber stuffed chicken breasts
Beefsteak Rye
Lipton Pure Leaf tea
French's yellow mustard....Gulden's spicy brown
Dawn dish detergent

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
GEICO or ALLSTATE?
on car insurance:huh:

* this requires sound wisdom & learnered forethought*
** as on the one 'hand' if you don't carry the states mandatory requirements, they'll revoke yer' vehicles registration & the LONG ARM of the LAW will pull you over& unbolt yer license plate off the bumper,,,,then either impound yer'wheels by having it towed off,,,or,,,tell you that their going around the corner to complete some paper work:thumbup:**

*** the old ADAGE of you get what you pay for,generally rings true on this one IMO,,,ALTHOUGH, even national carriers are known to try & weasel out,IMO,,,the problem is
" we all know an accident won't be because "we're" behind the wheel"o_O,,,er,,,,scratch/ flush this D.M.V casing-liner of thought concept:confused:

GRAPEFRUIT JUICE",,,Canned or Fresh Squeezed?

Press& vacuum pack that stuff in a heavy metals overlayed nonferrous container every day of the week& twice on Saturday night for me,,,:thumbup:

o_O;)o_O

Corso

Reaction score
Any brand of mustard
Goya Olives preferred, but all are good
I have my nothing but Coca Cola or nothing but Pepsi moments
One ice cream to rule them all: Blue Bell
So healthy...
Of course I'm biased: I'm Type 1 Diabetic so I rarely drink a sugar soda, but when I do... The only ones I can stand are the Mexican bottled ones that don't use syrup, but cane sugar.
Even the American "Cane Sugar" ones are lessor.
Goya is Awesome.
Don't eat iced cream. Got that sugar issue...

Mustard? Any brand? Any style? There are many marvelous translations of mustard... I generally enjoy a stone ground, Austrian version, but everybody has their own interpretation of how they like their salt/vinegar balancing.

waldoputty

Reaction score
So healthy...
Of course I'm biased: I'm Type 1 Diabetic so I rarely drink a sugar soda, but when I do... The only ones I can stand are the Mexican bottled ones that don't use syrup, but cane sugar.
Even the American "Cane Sugar" ones are lessor.
Goya is Awesome.
Don't eat iced cream. Got that sugar issue...

Mustard? Any brand? Any style? There are many marvelous translations of mustard... I generally enjoy a stone ground, Austrian version, but everybody has their own interpretation of how they like their salt/vinegar balancing.

needs to be poked frequently and often.
keeping @Ranching coachie happy...

mexican ones use real sugar instead of corn syrup.
not sure if that balances the sugar concentration in the blood over a longer period or not
i would suspect the corn syrup one spreads the sugar concentration at a lower concentration but for longer

Corso

Reaction score
Named brand, especially food and beverage.
Local, and from people you've met, if you can.
I'm glad there's a decent Farmer's presence, even here. We buy from our local growers that we know.
It's actually not hard! Unless you live in some depraved area that doesn't have local growers that you can't meet...

I've bought asparagus that would make you laugh at a high budget's cooking show, showing off their ingredients.
Shoot... Anyone in the Las Cruces area? Every Saturday there is Farmer's Market that covers multiple blocks, right by the Courthouse, that has some incredible buys.
Some of the best Angus, vegetables, eggs and that one guy that slices off the freshest sprouts you could ever buy at a price that will make you ask him if he's doing this voluntary.
I remember when he decided to go homeless, in protest over the Electric Co... lol. Awesome guy!