Name one good reason why Jason Garrett and Monte Kiffin should have jobs in Dallas tomorrow

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Teams don't fire their coaches and go on to the playoffs. Unless we're mathematically eliminated, it would be a terrible move.

Seriously? We are in the same position every year. KC fired their coach and a year later have 10 wins so far. The Texans will have a #1 pick, a new coach and talent. Stop making excuse for Garrett. He'd be a QB coach at most on most teams.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I truly believe both will be here next year even when we end up at 8-8 and miss the playoffs in 3 weeks.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Jerry Jones

That's the only reason you need to know that they'll have jobs today and that at the very least Garrett will have this job again next year.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Outside of Lovie Smith, who would we hire to replace Garrett?

And please, no college coaches unless they have had recent NFL experience (i.e. Jim Harbaugh).

YR

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Outside of Lovie Smith, who would we hire to replace Garrett?

And please, no college coaches unless they have had recent NFL experience (i.e. Jim Harbaugh).

YR

I'm not a fan of keeping someone because there might not be a replacement others like. I think Bill OBrien from Penn st. Would work and same with Shaw at Stanford. OBrien has NFL experience. I also think there are plenty of candidates in the NFL who could do a better job than what we are getting now.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of keeping someone because there might not be a replacement others like. I think Bill OBrien from Penn st. Would work and same with Shaw at Stanford. OBrien has NFL experience. I also think there are plenty of candidates in the NFL who could do a better job than what we are getting now.

I'm not exactly a fan of it either.

But, we can see some talent development under Garrett (Murray, Dez, Tyron, Leary, Frederick, Free, Harris, Hatcher, Lee, etc) and you can chalk up some of the issues to injuries.

I would just rather have that and try it for another year than try and rely on some college coach that is all the rave, but can't translate to the pro game. O'Brien would be a good choice though. I'm skeptical of any college coach w/o pro credentials unless he is truly revolutionizing the way the game is played. Jimmy didn't have pro credentials, but he created a small, fast defense and had plenty of sound theories that were well ahead of its time. While I'm not exactly sold on Chip Kelly, he comes across very similar. Otherwise you get another Greg Schiano.

YR

cowboys1981

Reaction score
If you let Garrett go while we are still in the hunt, it would mean we've given up on the season.

You fire Kiffin, Marinelli likely goes with him. He's here because of his loyalty to Kiffin.

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Because Jason Garret is a good coach.

Sorry, but its the truth.

Kiffin AND Marinelli can get canned for all I care.