Name the 10 people who should be in the draftroom?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I actually think that is a small number...considering how many scouts we have. I would think the scouts should have more influence this year...considering no one in the front office has seen or met with these players.
I think you're off base on this entire concept.
The scouts spent months putting together detailed reports for McClay et al.
Every single player is graded and ranked with a scheme in mind.
Come draft day the choices are based on how the players have already been ranked vs the value on the board vs how hard the specific coaches, McClay or GM pound the table for tie-breakers.

You need the head of scouting only, plus the head coach and coordinators, plus the actual decision-makers. Then if an argument comes up about two equally ranked prospects that have different positions...maybe the position coaches get some input.

You do not need any other scouts in the room except for their boss--who has their data numbers and observations already in witing.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Believe it or not, but folks actually enjoy fresh ideas, as opposed to Jerry bashing, overrun and abused Dak threads, or constant complaints over contracts.

Since there is no or very little sports going on and so many different medias are doing past sports things, why not discus some of the past cowboy games like things some may not be aware of. Like the 99 yard run of Tony Dorsett and for that play the Cowboys only had 10 men on that play. Ron Springs was standing next to Landry to run in the next play but he was supposed to be in there for that play.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Are there 10 people involved to deserve to be in there? :muttley:

McCarthy, Moore, Nolan, McClay, Fassell, Stephen & Jerry for sure.
Though some will say why Jerry. :laugh:

Charlotte does not need to be there, nor Spaulding or any of the grand kids. And especially Rowdy.

Does any one else need to really be in there. Or they can have a separate area with others, and bring them in as needed.

Jerry for comedy relief. Somebody gotta do it.

bodi

Reaction score
ME
KingintheNorth
darthseinfeld
CalPolyTechnique