Name the song and artist

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I felt that with all the different tastes in music within the forums, I could easily lose my way. I don't listen to certain genres of music and those I do listen to, I don't always get the words right. That doesn't stop me from singing along and making up words as I go. What's been fun has been seeing lyrics I should know, but sticking someone else's voice to it thinking it looks like a "this band's" song. I'm guilty of Tom Petty, The Eagles and Stevie Nicks so far and was wrong on each. It's still a lot of fun. Some dark lyrics though. I worry for the composers.
No idea

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of people got the words wrong to Tiny Dancer by Elton John. It was even in an episode of Friends where Phoebe is singing "Hold me closer, Tony Danza". Since it was the title of the song, I'm at a loss on that one. I joined the choir at church and there was a song that everyone else was familiar with. I didn't know all the words so I replaced two of them. They sang "You are my consternation and my meditation" while I sang "You are my constipation and my medication". True story.

There are a couple of lines in the chorus of "More Than a Feeling" by Boston that had stumped me my whole life (most of it anyway) - and that was a monster hit song when I was in high school. When it became possible to look up lyrics on the internet that was the first song that came to mind. Now that I know the words it baffles me how I couldn't hear it before.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
'll shine up the old brown shoes
Put on a brand new shirt
I'll get home early from work
If you say that you love me

Didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you crying?
Oh, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you crying?
Feeling all alone without a friend, you know you feel like dying
Oh, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you crying?
Cheap Trick - I Want You to Want Me

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
" I am the midnight watchmen down at Miller's tool&die,I watch the metal rusting,I watch the time go by"

* damn,I had to you tube it myself ,as I'd always refered to that tune as " the midnight watchman",,,it ain't.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A lot of people got the words wrong to Tiny Dancer by Elton John. It was even in an episode of Friends where Phoebe is singing "Hold me closer, Tony Danza". Since it was the title of the song, I'm at a loss on that one. I joined the choir at church and there was a song that everyone else was familiar with. I didn't know all the words so I replaced two of them. They sang "You are my consternation and my meditation" while I sang "You are my constipation and my medication". True story.
When I was little, I did the same thing with Paul Simon's Loves Me Like a Rock. "I'm a constipated man....."

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I felt that with all the different tastes in music within the forums, I could easily lose my way. I don't listen to certain genres of music and those I do listen to, I don't always get the words right. That doesn't stop me from singing along and making up words as I go. What's been fun has been seeing lyrics I should know, but sticking someone else's voice to it thinking it looks like a "this band's" song. I'm guilty of Tom Petty, The Eagles and Stevie Nicks so far and was wrong on each. It's still a lot of fun. Some dark lyrics though. I worry for the composers.
Yer' pretty awesome,,, as I generally only understand about half of the words to 90% of the red hot chili peppers tunes,but l love those guys

* " I rode my bicycle past yer' window last night",,,o_O( it's a one hitter mouldy oldy)

Melonfeud

Reaction score
You believe that's not on Harry Chapin's The Gold Medal Collection? Songs I'd never heard before on there, but not 30,000 Lbs. of Bananas!

My favorite Chapin song is Sniper. Familiar with it?
No,I'm not! I'd bought his cats in the cradle cassette tape& played it to ruination & that's my limited exposure to him,running brother

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score

As a kid I used to think that “Round John Virgin” was there at the manger with Mother and Child.

And I wondered who this Jose’ guy was that was lookin for the flag at the dawn’s early light.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
As a kid I used to think that “Round John Virgin” was there at the manger with Mother and Child.

And I wondered who this Jose’ guy was that was lookin for the flag at the dawn’s early light.

:lmao:
It's " Dawnserly" and it's of a magical moment one must personally experience first hand,something I've always likend to such as when a winged Pegasus just mosey's up to yer' hammock yer' snoozing out on ,,,& it's eluded me thus far in life,,, but I'm grooving to that sleeping till noon these days anywayo_O

Last edited:

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Yer' pretty awesome,,, as I generally only understand about half of the words to 90% of the red hot chili peppers tunes,but l love those guys

* " I rode my bicycle past yer' window last night",,,o_O( it's a one hitter mouldy oldy)

Melanie: “Brand New Key”

Here’s one of my fav’s:

My cup is on the table,
Our love is spilling,
Waiting for you to take and drink up.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
" I was a lonely teenage bronc'n buck,with a pink carnation & a pickup truck"

"17 inches of
flame"

" just sit right back & you'll hear a tale,a tale of a fateful trip"

o_O

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Melanie: “Brand New Key”

Here’s one of my fav’s:

My cup is on the table,
Our love is spilling,
Waiting for you to take and drink up.
You:hammer: my casing-liner up on the wall with that one, Doc 5-0 book'em danno,,,:thumbup:

My teenaged sisters& female cousins all loved that tune when it 'hit',,,,:lmao: