Name Your Best "Guilty Pleasure" Movies

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Naming anything w/ Clint Eastwood in it makes that movie not even eligible for guilty pleasure!!!

Here's another. I love to watch The Sound of Music.
Even Bridges of Madison County? I've never seen it, but it looks like something I'd feel bad about liking, if I did, in fact, like it. And doesn't Meryl Streep make Clint's presence a wash?

quickccc

Reaction score
I'll take a shot at the 80's later on.
1960 Magnificent seven
1961 The Parent Trap
1962 Dr. No
1963 Jason and the Argonauts, The Great Escape
1964 Goldfinger
1965 In Harm's Way
1966 The Good the Bad and the Ugly
1967 Cool Hand Luke
1968 Planet of the Apes
1969 True Grit
1970 Patton
1971 Dirty Harry
1972 The Godfather
1973 The Sting
1974 The Longest Yard
1975 Monty Python and the Holy Grail
1976 Rocky
1977 Star Wars
1978 Animal House
1979 North Dallas Forty

Thanks for Sharing,..

Only just a few on your list.. such Star Wars, Godfather, Planet of the Apes, Good-Bad Ugly- The Sting- Magnificent 7, Cool Hand Luke . look more like Favorites,.. than Guilty Pleasures.
Some very critically acclaimed award winners, even Oscar winners or nominee candidates.

It's like Forrest Gump. i love how it was made, how it was narrative, the main featured character and support cast,
cinematography and sound track and how it covered several time and generation eras, etc. As unique a film as it was (and thankfully no sequel needed,imo) ..it's an Oscar winner that is on a very unique pedestal itself. But under what's the termed and described
as Guilty Pleasures,..

But several others of this list .. Jason and the Argonauts, .Dirty Harry, The Longest Yard..Animal House ..North Dallas 40 ..
. :thumbup:

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
Naming anything w/ Clint Eastwood in it makes that movie not even eligible for guilty pleasure!!!

Here's another. I love to watch: The Sound of Music.

Not even Million Dollar Baby, Play Misty for Me, Escape from Alcatraz or True Crime ? ;)

morasp

Reaction score
Thanks for Sharing,..

Only just a few on your list.. such Star Wars, Godfather, Planet of the Apes, Good-Bad Ugly- The Sting- Magnificent 7, Cool Hand Luke . look more like Favorites,.. than Guilty Pleasures.
Some very critically acclaimed award winners, even Oscar winners or nominee candidates.

It's like Forrest Gump. i love how it was made, how it was narrative, the main featured character and support cast,
cinematography and sound track and how it covered several time and generation eras, etc. As unique a film as it was (and thankfully no sequel needed,imo) ..it's an Oscar winner that is on a very unique pedestal itself. But under what's the termed and described
as Guilty Pleasures,..

But several others of this list .. Jason and the Argonauts, .Dirty Harry, The Longest Yard..Animal House ..North Dallas 40 ..
. :thumbup:
After I posted my list I thought about it yesterday and decided that guilty pleasure is highly subjective. I agree that my list is probably outside of what was intended for this thread but having just turned 60 spending two hours of my day watching any movie is a guilty pleasure and it was more fun at least for me to go through the years and try to determine what movie I liked best that year. It gives me a watch list of good movies to revisit and if anyone else likes reading it all the better.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After I posted my list I thought about it yesterday and decided that guilty pleasure is highly subjective. I agree that my list is probably outside of what was intended for this thread but having just turned 60 spending two hours of my day watching any movie is a guilty pleasure and it was more fun at least for me to go through the years and try to determine what movie I liked best that year. It gives me a watch list of good movies to revisit and if anyone else likes reading it all the better.
mo, you've got some of my must watch movies on that list. I get where you're coming from now.

I am older than you and retired. Sitting down and watching a movie any time I feel like it is indeed a guilty pleasure. In fact, it has been my goal over the last few years to live life as a guilty pleasure.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A movie I remember watching when I was younger that I hated liking was Valley Girl. I want to say there have been movies with a similar name, but this was one with a young Nicolas Cage, and I don't know who played the girl that was the main character, but she was very cute. I haven't seen it in years, but I would watch it again.

Am I supposed to feel a weight off my shoulders now that I admitted this?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A movie I remember watching when I was younger that I hated liking was Valley Girl. I want to say there have been movies with a similar name, but this was one with a young Nicolas Cage, and I don't know who played the girl that was the main character, but she was very cute. I haven't seen it in years, but I would watch it again.

Am I supposed to feel a weight off my shoulders now that I admitted this?
No, we need a lot more than that to give you any relief. We've just started on the movie part.

quickccc

Reaction score
Anyone remember them ole school Beach Party Teen movies of the 60's ? .... Zany corny comedy of it' genre time, . i enjoyed it back then.
:flagwave:

f08cdd4641be106495dfe07faf64624c.jpg

40a034d1737a6b90de2619b33a0f6350.jpg

5307d05b486f0eadc6ce011d5dd19c51.jpg

034362c44762d952098b1bfdc1bfec3d.jpg

c075ff00a34375a49bbe178371a570bc.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score
If you don't cringe and/or blush as you type it in, it doesn't qualify!!!!!!!!!!!!!!