NASCAR 2012 Season Thread

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Expecting a great race like the Nationwide series race yesterday. Go Jr!

jimmy40

Reaction score
hopefully a quick wreck by Danica so we won't have 2 hours of closeups of her running 35th.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Thank God for the lights in Daytona if the rain continues until tonight.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This will be the first Daytona 500 ever postponed for rain.

Sucks. Having your biggest event of the season on a Monday afternoon is a ratings nightmare for Nascar.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Risen Star;4430164 said:
This will be the first Daytona 500 ever postponed for rain.

Sucks. Having your biggest event of the season on a Monday afternoon is a ratings nightmare for Nascar.

Is it officially delayed?

mickswag

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4430190 said:

The race is delayed but not idea as to when they'll run it. They're going to try to get it in tonight. NASCAR will be updating the situation around 4pm EST.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;4430190 said:

It's not postponed yet but the radar doesn't look good and it takes 2 to 3 hours to dry the track.

I'd say it's a real longshot to get it in today.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Risen Star;4430204 said:
It's not postponed yet but the radar doesn't look good and it takes 2 to 3 hours to dry the track.

I'd say it's a real longshot to get it in today.

*looking at the radar* Yeah they will be racing tomorrow

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is really bad for Nascar. Can you imagine the NFL having to play the Super Bowl on Monday afternoon?

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I know they do this for every delayed race but come on they should not make the Daytona 500 rescheduled on a Monday afternoon. I was so pumped for the race and now I can not even watch it. Great...

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I have been a huge advocate of having all NASCAR Cup races on Saturday or Saturday evenings for this very reason.That way, in case of a rain out they still have Sunday to get the race in. I know it might would conflict with College football during the season but they don't mind competing with the NFL. Further it really shouldn't be an issue for them to be worried about other leagues.

These tracks are capable of running multiple events each day especially since they can now light all the tracks. I think it's foolish to put all your eggs in one basket then have it turn out like this.

I will have the race on in my office but don't know how much I will be able to pay attention to it. Thank God for my DVR!

:D

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Wow was I so pumped when I saw this was delayed from my twitter account. Smartest move by NASCAR in a long time!

Phoenix

Reaction score
Interesting race. Gotta love Montoya plowing into a jet fuel truck and igniting a blazing furnace that damaged the track. Gotta love Danica getting put out right off the bat. Gotta love Junior snatching defeat from the jaws of victory again. But most of all, gotta love that they FINALLY got this race finished! I was off to bed the second it was over, and it was 12:59 AM EST. Boggle.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Phoenix;4432348 said:
Interesting race. Gotta love Montoya plowing into a jet fuel truck and igniting a blazing furnace that damaged the track. Gotta love Danica getting put out right off the bat. Gotta love Junior snatching defeat from the jaws of victory again. But most of all, gotta love that they FINALLY got this race finished! I was off to bed the second it was over, and it was 12:59 AM EST. Boggle.

How exactly did Jr snatched defeat from victory?

Phoenix

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4432362 said:
How exactly did Jr snatched defeat from victory?

Just by failing to win again :D Didn't mean to imply that he had a lead and messed up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Phoenix;4432479 said:
Just by failing to win again :D Didn't mean to imply that he had a lead and messed up.

OK. I had watched the race lastnight and did not see anything Jr did that was wrong. Great way to start the NASCAR season for Jr

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Carl Edwards wins the pole for tomorrows race. Unfortunately Jr is like 35th to start...