NASCAR 2012 Season Thread

jimmy40

Reaction score
Nascar should have black flagged Reutimann earlier. He was in the way at a track where you shouldn't be limping around just trying to finish.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
The positives of the end of the race....Jr still finished 3rd.....Gordon and Johnson lost...Bowyer wrecked and lost valuable points........Jr is now only a handful or so points away from being 1st in the standings...

jimmy40

Reaction score
Reutimann trying to stay in the top 35 in owner points so he and Danica don't have to race their way in to races by qualifying cost the two guys that had lead over 400 laps in the race. I heard Jr was on the radio trying to get Reutimann the hell off the track.

Kristi

I Rue Everything
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4489579 said:
What is the winless streak up to now?

It's been awhile. I believe Michigan was his last win and that was at least a couple of years ago.

At least he is more consistent this year. Having good finishes, not wrecking and making stupid pit mistakes like speeding, etc.

I still <3 him whether he wins or loses. ;) :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4489579 said:
What is the winless streak up to now?

2008 Michigan

However he is getting off to a good start this season and is in 2nd in the point standings. If he continues to run near the lead he will break through sooner or later

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Sad there's no race this Sunday but next week is the best track of them all.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheCowboy;4495194 said:
Sad there's no race this Sunday but next week is the best track of them all.

I like the Texas race as well. I can't say it is my favorite that still goes to Daytona and Talladega are still the top 2 for me

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4495200 said:
I like the Texas race as well. I can't say it is my favorite that still goes to Daytona and Talladega are still the top 2 for me
Agreed I do like tracks of that kind more than the others, but I also put Bristol up there as well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheCowboy;4495227 said:
Agreed I do like tracks of that kind more than the others, but I also put Bristol up there as well.

I like Bristol as well. Especially the night race at Bristol. Oh heck I like night races at all the tracks. :laugh2:

Of course the Texas race next week will be a night race.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4495235 said:
I like Bristol as well. Especially the night race at Bristol. Oh heck I like night races at all the tracks. :laugh2:

Of course the Texas race next week will be a night race.
What bothers me most about NASCAR is that the chase for the cup begins when football season starts, and I miss those races. I think they should move those to Saturday nights to attract a bigger crowd. Also the Monday Night race at Daytona could be the start of a new idea for NASCAR. I'd love to see some Monday Night racing happen once or twice a year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheCowboy;4495245 said:
What bothers me most about NASCAR is that the chase for the cup begins when football season starts, and I miss those races. I think they should move those to Saturday nights to attract a bigger crowd. Also the Monday Night race at Daytona could be the start of a new idea for NASCAR. I'd love to see some Monday Night racing happen once or twice a year.

I agree. Come Sept I end up missing races.

Phoenix

Reaction score
What a boring Texas race, eh? :)

So I'm just seeing that all the NASCAR drivers are over at the White House right now. Brad Kes. is tweeting a lot from there. Hmm...it's about a 15 minute walk over there...me wonders if I wanders over if I could get an autograph or three? 'cept they're inside the place now, and I am not certain if they will be emerging into the adoring public on foot later, or what...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Phoenix;4510386 said:
What a boring Texas race, eh? :)

So I'm just seeing that all the NASCAR drivers are over at the White House right now. Brad Kes. is tweeting a lot from there. Hmm...it's about a 15 minute walk over there...me wonders if I wanders over if I could get an autograph or three? 'cept they're inside the place now, and I am not certain if they will be emerging into the adoring public on foot later, or what...

Chances are they are being told next year they have to drive the Chevy Volt next year. 5 hour pit stops. :laugh2:

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I knew Allmendinger wasn't going to do anything with the pole. Great finish to the race. Jr ended up 7th. Another good week for my fantasy team also!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;4490291 said:
2008 Michigan

However he is getting off to a good start this season and is in 2nd in the point standings. If he continues to run near the lead he will break through sooner or later

He won that Michigan race on fuel mileage. And that snapped a couple years drought too.

Jr. hasn't actually raced to a win in well over half a decade.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCowboy;4518150 said:
I knew Allmendinger wasn't going to do anything with the pole. Great finish to the race. Jr ended up 7th. Another good week for my fantasy team also!

Keep supporting that diehard Commanders fan.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
He's a Commanders fan? Didn't know that. Any drivers that are Cowboys fans?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCowboy;4518392 said:
He's a Commanders fan? Didn't know that. Any drivers that are Cowboys fans?

I don't really know. I remember Terry and Bobby Labonte were Cowboy fans. I doubt anyone wants to root for them considering Terry is pretty much retired and Bobby isn't competitive anymore.

I just like to rib the Jr. fans. That dude is a diehard pig snout wearing Commanders fan. Makes me hate him even more.

I'm a Kasey Kahne fan. Jr.'s now his teammate. I still can't stand him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...he-Commanders/2011/07/28/gIQAaAZMfI_blog.html