NASCAR 2012 Season Thread

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4850780 said:
I never said he wasn't an idiot just that he had the balls to wreck Jr. :laugh1:

Maybe, or he's just stupid in that regard.

You think any of his peers (drivers) actually respect him?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Noticed this article on ESPN and gagged. Thought everyone might want to dry heave as well.

-

Dale Jr.: Why I love the Commanders

There is nothing like winning a race. There is something that’s close.

At least for me. The adrenaline rush, the magnitude of the moment, the electric atmosphere, the appreciation for everything that got me to that moment. I felt it Monday night.

But to get you to Monday night, I have to take you somewhere else first: my grandfather Robert Gee’s back porch in Concord, N.C. The year was 1983, and it was my 9th birthday party. The gift from my mother was a Washington Commanders uniform. I had asked for just the helmet, but she took it to another level. The pants, the jersey, the helmet, she gave me the whole smash, pads and all.

That was when I officially proclaimed my devotion solely to the Commanders. I had watched games before, particularly the 1983 Super Bowl, when John Riggins ran “I-Right 70 Chip” on fourth-and-1. He went 43 yards for a touchdown to put the Skins ahead 20-17. They won 27-17. To say I was intrigued would be understating it a bit. But when momma got me the jersey, from that moment forward, I might as well have been lining up alongside Riggins himself.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fa...ve-the-Commanders&campaign=link&source=JAYSKI

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4850932 said:

Here's the weirdest part. I sit in the MRO suite at Charlotte each year for the All Star weekend. Everyone in MRO loves this guy. I asked them how could an organization like MRO (Motor Racing Outreach) support the guy? All of them tell me that he is 100% opposite off and away from the track than he is at the track.

I still said he was a knucklehead and they laughed but they like him. And many of the other drivers do as well.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4850932 said:

I don't care if his peers respect him. The guy can drive his arse off, stupidly most of the time, but he's one hell of a driver.

I just think it's funny how the opinion of his changed after he had the audacity to wreck Jr. OMG not Jr :rolleyes: