NASCAR 2012 Season Thread

jimmy40

Reaction score
Nascar better figure out how to pump some life into the sport or they're going to run out of tarps.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Risen Star;4780811 said:
I'm not trying to say he doesn't have the talent to be in the Cup series. He's won about 20 races, he's been in the chase many times. He clearly does. But there are a lot of drivers who have had that same talent over the years but never had the opportunities he's had. Racing is just as much about money as it is talent. Jr. has always been blessed with top equipment and sponsorship through his career.

If I were him I wouldn't be cursing my name. That's for sure. It's pretty much made him what he is. The hands down most popular driver in the sport is so popular because of what somebody else did.

Oh yea, for sure, he's done well following after his dad. #1 reason for his popularity is the fact he is his dad's son. #2, I think he has handled it well and not done anything to mess it up.

He was good on the plate tracks when DEI had that run going. When you look at his success during that time, and look at how he has run since going over to Hendrick, it makes one wonder. Was he really good then, or were the DEI cars just that much better on plate tracks then? Add in the fact that Michael Waltrip won in DEI cars also, you could make the argument that the DEI cars were really better than all the other cars and it wasnt as much the drivers.

Jr certainly hasnt shown much with Hendrick cars. Is it him, or just not a good combo? You would think he could still be good on plate tracks with their equipment.

Personally I think he would be better off leaving Hendrick. Just hasnt worked.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WPBCowboysFan;4781760 said:
Oh yea, for sure, he's done well following after his dad. #1 reason for his popularity is the fact he is his dad's son. #2, I think he has handled it well and not done anything to mess it up.

He was good on the plate tracks when DEI had that run going. When you look at his success during that time, and look at how he has run since going over to Hendrick, it makes one wonder. Was he really good then, or were the DEI cars just that much better on plate tracks then? Add in the fact that Michael Waltrip won in DEI cars also, you could make the argument that the DEI cars were really better than all the other cars and it wasnt as much the drivers.

Jr certainly hasnt shown much with Hendrick cars. Is it him, or just not a good combo? You would think he could still be good on plate tracks with their equipment.

Personally I think he would be better off leaving Hendrick. Just hasnt worked.

It's tough to sell the idea that he needs to get out of Hendrick equipment to show his full potential.

Maybe he just is what he is. A mid-level driver.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Risen Star;4782730 said:
It's tough to sell the idea that he needs to get out of Hendrick equipment to show his full potential.

Maybe he just is what he is. A mid-level driver.

Only one way to find out. He hasnt been as good at Hendrick as he was at DEI overall.

I never liked the move from the start. He should have gone to RCR.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WPBCowboysFan;4783922 said:
Only one way to find out. He hasnt been as good at Hendrick as he was at DEI overall.

I never liked the move from the start. He should have gone to RCR.

But he struggled for years at DEI before he came to Hendrick. Check the stats. That's what led to him leaving.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Risen Star;4784010 said:
But he struggled for years at DEI before he came to Hendrick. Check the stats. That's what led to him leaving.

Yea, but I think most would attribute that to the decline of DEI as far as the equipment and evil step mom.

Maybe it wasnt all the equipment. Certainly possible. However, he did have some success at DEI before the organizational decline. Did DEI have better stuff than Hendrick at one time? That would be the only plausible explanation for his success at one time. Unless, of course he was/is a better driver than we are seeing now.

It hasnt clicked at Hendrick from the start. At some point you have to do/try something different.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;4785852 said:
Jr is stuck at Hendricks for a while. He signed a new contract this season.

Stuck at Hendrick. That's a new one.

He will never drive for a better team than what he's got right now. From equipment to personnel. They're top notch.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Risen Star;4787854 said:
Stuck at Hendrick. That's a new one.

He will never drive for a better team than what he's got right now. From equipment to personnel. They're top notch.

You're right Hendricks is stuck with him

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen Star;4784010 said:

He left DEI because Teresa didn't want to give him control.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;4787971 said:
He left DEI because Teresa didn't want to give him control.

He wanted control because he didn't like the direction they've been headed, including uncompetitive cars on the track.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boys122;4788040 said:
Don't be talkin' smack about Jr.

http://i858.***BLOCKED***/albums/ab150/Boss_Hogg_album/Celebs%20sporting%20My%20Teams/Commanders-CowboysGameSept.jpg

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Risen Star;4788048 said:
http://i858.***BLOCKED***/albums/ab150/Boss_Hogg_album/Celebs%20sporting%20My%20Teams/Commanders-CowboysGameSept.jpg

That has always been a real shame.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WPBCowboysFan;4788064 said:
That has always been a real shame.

For all you Dale Earnhardt fans, you'll enjoy knowing that Sr. was watching the Raiders/Commanders Super Bowl with his son and teasing him to tears over the Raiders' romp.

Jr. told that story on a piece about his love affair with the Commanders.

Boys122

Reaction score
Risen Star;4788048 said:

I hate that he's a Commanders fan though. Very frustrating. I'm glad you brought it to my attention.

Boys122

Reaction score
Funny thing about that is, I never knew he was a Commanders fan until I seen an interview where he was talking about them. It made me nauseus.

Questfor6

Reaction score
Risen Star;4788048 said:

Who cares should we all love Victor Cruz because he was a Cowboys fan growing up?

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Risen Star;4788078 said:
For all you Dale Earnhardt fans, you'll enjoy knowing that Sr. was watching the Raiders/Commanders Super Bowl with his son and teasing him to tears over the Raiders' romp.

Jr. told that story on a piece about his love affair with the Commanders.

For me that was one of my favorite Super Bowls. Growing up in the DC area and putting up with all the Skins nonsense made it SWEEEEET!

What was even better than the game was that on Monday morning and the rest of the offseason there was very little mention of the Foreskins. It was splendid! It was is if the game was never even played! :lmao2:

jimmy40

Reaction score
Nascar in their playoffs and no posts for 4 weeks. anyway, Nascar should take one of the Pocono races and give it to Austin Tx. The new track looks like it would be great for Nascar