Twitter: Nashon Wright seems to be gaining momentum

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The rumor was this was a guy Quinn wanted. Would be a nice change of pace if our DC kind of reached for a guy and it actually worked as opposed to the previous DC who reached for guys and they rarely worked out.

If Wright can develop, his size could be a huge advantage at CB.

I predict Risen will ask for a Wright jersey for Christmas.

It'd be an even nicer change of pace if coordinators don't dictate draft picks in our war room.

Big_D

Reaction score
It'd be an even nicer change of pace if coordinators don't dictate draft picks in our war room.

Why have coaches? Coordinators are important and should definitely have a say on draft day. Seems ridiculous to just leave that up to the scouts while the coaches get the slip when things go south. The last DC was terrible at it. But I'm sure Quinn has had some say in his other stops.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why have coaches? Coordinators are important and should definitely have a say on draft day. Seems ridiculous to just leave that up to the scouts while the coaches get the slip when things go south. The last DC was terrible at it. But I'm sure Quinn has had some say in his other stops.

Wut?

Why have assistant coaches if you don't let them dictate draft picks?

Those scouts you speak of? They know 10 times more about the players than the coordinators do. So I ask you, why have scouts?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Probably him more than anyone, Im really looking forward to seeing in preseason.

No one seemed to have him that high, but the Cowboys didn't say to themselves "Lets take this 7th round prospect in the 3rd round". They had a different value on him than anyone we know of

Why exactly? Because some guy said in 7 on 7 drills in shorts that "he looked solid in coverage"? Against who exactly? This is nonsense.

Big_D

Reaction score
Wut?

They are coordinators. Big difference from your position coaches. If you think the scouts should just draft with zero input from the coaches than that would be flat out ridiculous. It's why you bring these guys in. Design a scheme and find players to maximize it. Dictate picks? lol they're not making every pick, they have "input" in a collaborative effort.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Wut?

Those scouts you speak of? They know 10 times more about the players than the coordinators do. So I ask you, why have scouts?
To make sure the coaches wishes match the players talents to the maximum effect.
Unless it's a talent that it doesn't matter and then the coach has to make adjustments to the undeniable talent.

Those are generally only in the high 1st round though.

stiletto

Reaction score
I love Training Camp All-Stars because they always seem to have Pro-Bowl level years...<sigh>

CowboyMort

Reaction score
Man I get so geeked for preseason...I know some people hate it but I really enjoy watching these young guys who we otherwise wouldn't even see.

And yeah the Cowboys put a lot of stock in their draft process. I thought Wright unfairly got criticized because of the "We had him as a 7th round pick" people did...even thought what Sherman did was disrespectul. I hope he proves all of them wrong.

I do too @rocyaice . I watch every minute multiple times. It is the one time of year that you can really look at the individual play vs the team play and it matters a bit more for some of the guys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I do too @rocyaice . I watch every minute multiple times. It is the one time of year that you can really look at the individual play vs the team play and it matters a bit more for some of the guys.
RIGHT! Boggles my mind hearing people say they dislike it and want to lower it.........i'm all for it.

Big_D

Reaction score
It'd probably be a smoother and faster backpedal than Wright's.

You definitely earned that like!! Nice job!

200.gif