Nate Newton: Jimmy Johnson would challenge players

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Randy White;2368245 said:
No, he didn't. The Dullphins were 39-25 the last four years under Shula, including a conference championship game loss to the Bills, and 36-28 under Jimmah Jenius 4 years.

Wha??? What about Theebs statement is wrong? Jimmy did not win?? Of course he did. Jimmy had a winning season for every year he was with the Dolphins. Jimmy did not bring in more talent??? Jimmy brought in talent to the Dolphins, that is irrefutable, notably on D, and he did he right way, through the draft.

The only thing Jimmah Jenius did was rearrange the deck of the Miami Titanic and then quit afterwards.

LOL. You sound like a disgruntled Miami fan. Jimmy was only with Miami 4 years. And it took him at least half the time to jettison the huge contracts for old over the hill offensive players that Shula had rolled the dice on to get the Dolphins past Buffalo. Shula maxed the cap out in 1995 and finished 9-7, 3rd in the division. THAT was the reason Huizenga let him go otherwise Huizenga is one of the least intrusive owners in the League.

He turned a team that was built around the QB into a team that was built around, well, nobody. They improved the defense temporarily and got younger, but, HIS long term plans didn't work. His draft record was abysmal ( only 5 players turned out of 4 drafts, [ Darryl Gardner*, Jason Taylor, Zack Thomas, Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain ] maybe 1 in the first round ) and because of it, the Dullphins are just begining to rebuild.

LOL. Like I said, you really do sound like a disgruntled Dullfin fan. Jimmy tried to balance the O, so it would not be so one dimensional and reliant on the pass. His defense speaks for itself. Again, Jimmy was only with the Dolphins FOUR seasons. Yet Jimmy accumulated more talent in those four seasons, than Jerry did in TWELVE seasons. Jimmy drafted more starters, more pro bowlers, more HOFers, than Jerry did in a THIRD of the time. The Dolphins lack of success has more to do w/Jimmy's successors' (Wannstedt, Saban, Cameron) draft prowess (or lack of) than Jimmy. Try again.

While Jimmah Jenius is infinite better than Philips is right now for the Cowboys, and I put alot of emphasis on the words " right now ", let's not make him out to be the legend that alot of people, including himself, think he is.

:starspin

Finally, you admit the crux of the whole point of this thread. Jimmy would be an upgrade to Wade, RIGHT NOW. And Jimmy IS a legend. A DALLAS COWBOY LEGEND.

Build a dynasty (and not just any dynasty, Jimmy's Cowboys were one of the greatest to EVER play), you become a legend, that's how it works.

Randy White

Reaction score
BAT;2369973 said:
Wha??? What about Theebs statement is wrong? Jimmy did not win?? Of course he did. Jimmy had a winning season for every year he was with the Dolphins.

Jimmah Jenius didn't " turn " the Dullphins " into winners ". They were already winners, AND they won more games in the previous 4 years than they did with him.

Jimmy did not bring in more talent??? Jimmy brought in talent to the Dolphins, that is irrefutable, notably on D, and he did he right way, through the draft.

Really ? from 1996-1999 ( 4 drafts ): Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain and, perhaps, Darryl Gardner ( who turned out to be a nut job ).

Who else did he " brought " in ?

LOL. You sound like a disgruntled Miami fan.

I've always been a Dallas Cowboys fan, but, probably unlike YOU, I live in Miami and I most definitely know more about them than you.

Jimmy was only with Miami 4 years. And it took him at least half the time to jettison the huge contracts for old over the hill offensive players that Shula had rolled the dice on to get the Dolphins past Buffalo. Shula maxed the cap out in 1995 and finished 9-7, 3rd in the division. THAT was the reason Huizenga let him go otherwise Huizenga is one of the least intrusive owners in the League.

First of all, Huizenga didn't " let him go ". Jimmah Jenius Q-U-I-T. Huizenga even offered him to coach only part time ( home games ) but he still turned it down.

Second: he made EVERY decision for the Dullphins and if he was as much of a " Genius " as you obviously think he is, he would have turned it around. But you know what ? He was exposed. He wanted total control, he got total control, and he was WORSE than Shula.

The ONLY number 1 pick he got to work was Gardner and, again, he turned out to be a basket case. I guess his " genius " wasn't working when he chose the likes of John Avery, Yatil Green, and trading out of the first round before the draft even began in order to pick those ALL PROS named JJ Johnson and Rob Conrad.

Like I said, you really do sound like a disgruntled Dullfin fan. Jimmy tried to balance the O, so it would not be so one dimensional and reliant on the pass.

Yea, and he ended up with an offense who couldn't do either. Not to mention that HIS failure to finding a replacement for Marino, set back the franchise all the way to THIS year, when they finally got a QB with some type of potential.

His defense speaks for itself. Again, Jimmy was only with the Dolphins FOUR seasons. Yet Jimmy accumulated more talent in those four seasons, than Jerry did in TWELVE seasons.

That has to be one of the dumbest statements ever posted in here.

Just the current offensive line ALONE has more talent than the 4 drafts combined that Jimmah Jenius had.

Jimmy drafted more starters, more pro bowlers, more HOFers, than Jerry did in a THIRD of the time.

Correction: THAT has to be THE dumbest statement ever posted in here. The Cowboys sent 11 players to the Pro Bowl last year alone. That's almost THREE times as much as Jimmah Jenius ever had in Miami.

The Dolphins lack of success has more to do w/Jimmy's successors' (Wannstedt, Saban, Cameron) draft prowess (or lack of) than Jimmy. Try again.

Yea, and guess who's mess they were cleaning up ?

Build a dynasty (and not just any dynasty, Jimmy's Cowboys were one of the greatest to EVER play), you become a legend, that's how it works.

Listen up, little boy, you're talking out of your backside about things you're clueless about. THAT right there shows you don't know enough about the Cowboys, much less about the Dullphins, and I suspect: football.

Jimmah Jenius didn't " build " anything. He was part of a group of people that included, yes, JERRY JONES, that helped build the Cowboys. People like John Wooten ( who had to beg Jimmah Jenius to take Emmitt Smith instead of trading up for his first love: James Francis ). People like Bob Akles, who were instrumental in finding the talent that Jimmah Jenius always " loved " to pick in the later rounds, and people like Jerry Jones, who PREVENTED the " Jenius " for making THE biggest mistake that the Cowboys would have ever made: trading Troy Aikman. How 'bout that Steve Walsh pick !?!?!?

Now, stop drinking the Jimmy Cool-Aid and go learn a few things..

:starspin

Sgt. Fury

Reaction score
I'm not an NFL Coach but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. What I learned there is that you can start off tough and ease up later but you can't start off soft and get tough later.

Wade has a fundamental problem because he came in singing We Are Family, and now that the family has tuned him out, he doesn't have the credibility to kick fanny now.

Try that soft approach with a teenager and see where you get. Doing it with spoiled and cottled rich guys won't work even as well as that.