National Championship ND vs Bama

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Big game tonight really looking forward to watching this one. I dated a girl who was a big Bama fan and since that was the case we traveled for a few of the Bama games including the National Championship game vs the Hurricanes at the Super Dome.

I come into this game with some mixed feeling because I also like ND and really glad to see them back at the top of college football. So my dilemma who to go for and after giving it much thought I'm pulling for ND to win it all.

So who are you guys pulling for?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope that after a multitude of OTs it ends in a Tie....actually no I hope that does not happen as they would split the championship.

So...I hope Notre Dame gets Killed...I hope they get embarrassed...I hope that there are multitudes of the players and fans of ND crying after the game because it is so bad...I hope ND HC goes past his normal Red Faced outrage to the point of looking like the girl Violet in the willy wonka movie when she turns into a big blue berry.

Of course, with the way I have been getting kicked in the crotch as far as football is concerned...the opposite will happen and ND will win and the sports shows will be all over ND for years to come.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Wow, this is a tough one. I tend to favor ND, just because I had a soft spot in my heart for all of the "BCS busters" who came before but weren't good enough to get to the championship (TCU, Boise State, specifically). OTOH, if Bama loses, it's going to give the LSU fans around here a false sense of superiority (kinda like we Cowboy fans felt yesterday about the Skins loss, I suppose LOL).

I guess I'll just watch the game and enjoy it for whoever wins.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4948730 said:
I hope that after a multitude of OTs it ends in a Tie....actually no I hope that does not happen as they would split the championship.

So...I hope Notre Dame gets Killed...I hope they get embarrassed...I hope that there are multitudes of the players and fans of ND crying after the game because it is so bad...I hope ND HC goes past his normal Red Faced outrage to the point of looking like the girl Violet in the willy wonka movie when she turns into a big blue berry.

Of course, with the way I have been getting kicked in the crotch as far as football is concerned...the opposite will happen and ND will win and the sports shows will be all over ND for years to come.

I take it your not much of an ND fan? :laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;4948754 said:
I take it your not much of an ND fan? :laugh2:

Can't stand them.

They single handily could have saved the big east and refused to do so out of greed yet they were the ones in charge of trying to bring in football teams when they would not join in football. The arrogance and the greed of that place is amazing.

That and they beat WVU when both teams last played for the National Championship. :mad:

Burm to come in ragging on me or any others that don't like ND in 3...2...1...

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
I'm pulling for ND, primarily because I don't wanna see yet another UA/SEC win.

Plus, I really do like Brian Kelly and can respect the way he's gotten that program into a BCS championship. Especially w/ the "handicap" of ND's academic requirements.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4948763 said:
Can't stand them.

They single handily could have saved the big east and refused to do so out of greed yet they were the ones in charge of trying to bring in football teams when they would not join in football. The arrogance and the greed of that place is amazing.

That and they beat WVU when both teams last played for the National Championship. :mad:

Burm to come in ragging on me or any others that don't like ND in 3...2...1...

So because they choose not to get into the big east they suck? Maybe the Big East sucks and that is why ND wanted no part. I don't see why they owed anything to the big east.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;4948804 said:
So because they choose not to get into the big east they suck? Maybe the Big East sucks and that is why ND wanted no part. I don't see why they owed anything to the big east.

Whether the Big East sucked or not is irrelevant.

They took charge in looking to bring in football teams in order to save the big east...yet they would not join the big east in football.

So how can they do a good job of convincing other teams to join...if they refuse to do so themselves?

That is the height of irony and arrogance.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4948912 said:
Whether the Big East sucked or not is irrelevant.

They took charge in looking to bring in football teams in order to save the big east...yet they would not join the big east in football.

So how can they do a good job of convincing other teams to join...if they refuse to do so themselves?

That is the height of irony and arrogance.

Well in the end ND AD is about doing what is in ND best interest not what is in the Big East or WVU interest.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4948730 said:

I said the exact same thing to my wife this morning.

Not word for word, but let's just say I couldn't agree more with every word. ;)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;4948951 said:
Well in the end ND AD is about doing what is in ND best interest not what is in the Big East or WVU interest.

Hence the arrogance and Irony of them being in charge of looking for football teams to join and the (at that time) BE Commish saying (with a straight face) that ND was doing everything in it's power to help the big east...when in fact all they had to do is to agree to join BE in Football.

When you have heard how ND did with the BE for years...you might feel a little different. ACC fans will learn.:D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4949050 said:
Hence the arrogance and Irony of them being in charge of looking for football teams to join and the (at that time) BE Commish saying (with a straight face) that ND was doing everything in it's power to help the big east...when in fact all they had to do is to agree to join BE in Football.

When you have heard how ND did with the BE for years...you might feel a little different. ACC fans will learn.:D

Why do I have the feeling you did not like them even before this? :laugh2:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4948730 said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All Day!

Eat it Domers!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I guess I'm kinda hoping for the quarter to land on the edge.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Being catholic I don't have much of a choice. Go Notre Dame. :laugh2:

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4949135 said:
Being catholic I don't have much of a choice. Go Notre Dame.

Ohhh, you probably shouldn't fret about it too much. There's always that absolution thing y'all can fall back on. :p:

burmafrd

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4949050 said:

want some more cheeze with your WHINE?