National Championship ND vs Bama

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4954192 said:
How does it feel to have a program on the rise, lots of hope for the future and every chance to compete for a National Championship? Pretty darn good I suspect.

It feels great but I am trying to keep reasonable expectations. We only have two big games next year, Bama at home in week 3 and at LSU the weekend before Thanksgiving. I can see us going 10-2 again but I don't think an undefeated season is out of reach. Right now I would be happy with 9-3 and some semblance of consistency.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Bama may lose Eddie Lacy, but they're getting some kid that ran for like 4,000 plus yards in high school. He's supposed to be better than Ingram, Trent, Lacy and the kid they have now, T.J. Yeldon, who'll be a first-round draft pick when he comes out.

Amari Cooper is going to be a first rounder and A.J. McCarron is coming back. The defense was supposed to be Bama's weakness because of youth, and you see what they did.

Alabama is loaded for another championship run. I would say TAM will compete with them for the SEC title, but Johnny Manzell is losing two of his best offensive linemen. I will be interesting to see how he does when he doesn't have all that protection.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
tyke1doe;4955905 said:
Bama may lose Eddie Lacy, but they're getting some kid that ran for like 4,000 plus yards in high school. He's supposed to be better than Ingram, Trent, Lacy and the kid they have now, T.J. Yeldon, who'll be a first-round draft pick when he comes out.

Amari Cooper is going to be a first rounder and A.J. McCarron is coming back. The defense was supposed to be Bama's weakness because of youth, and you see what they did.

Alabama is loaded for another championship run. I would say TAM will compete with them for the SEC title, but Johnny Manzell is losing two of his best offensive linemen. I will be interesting to see how he does when he doesn't have all that protection.

Bama is also losing a lot of folks on their OL and DL. They have quality coming in to replace them but experience is hard to come by.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cythim;4955599 said:
It feels great but I am trying to keep reasonable expectations. We only have two big games next year, Bama at home in week 3 and at LSU the weekend before Thanksgiving. I can see us going 10-2 again but I don't think an undefeated season is out of reach. Right now I would be happy with 9-3 and some semblance of consistency.

I know it does. I don't like TAM but I respect what you have been able to accomplish in your first year in the SEC. I guess I'd rather see TAM win in the SEC more then Bama win in the SEC.

DFWJC

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4955905 said:

RB is not a worry.

Replacing that oline will be no picnic though. But it is 'Bama, so they will reload there, no doubt.

Now TAM replacing their oline? That will be extremely difficult. They'll be fine, but I'd assume a pretty big dropoff when you have those elite guys missing.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
A&M is only losing Joeckel and C, Matthews is coming back and is expected to slide to LT. Matthews' younger brother should be filling in at center and one of the guards will move to RT. The Aggies are actually really strong along the offensive line. They might not be as good as last year but the drop off will not be as big as some expect.