National Visits, Dallas Day and Private Workouts

Gaede

Reaction score
Intriguing is a good way to put it. I just do not look at him and see a first round choice, especially if they are looking him in some gimmick role or moving him up to the DL.

Agreed.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think 2nd round has become a must if we want Jarrett

I would like to think that NFL evaluators are not so dense that they allow a ready to play out of the box near professional like Jarrett last beyond the top two rounds. But crazier things have happened before.

Gaede

Reaction score
I gotta say, I am really warming up to Hunter.

Watched Eli Harold video then watched Hunter. Harold had more sacks last year and is typically more highly regarded. However, just going by eye test, Harold looks slow and weak, whereas Hunter looks fast, deceptively strong and actually sticks his head into the pile/blocks. You can see some sloppiness with his pass rush moves (he seems to lack confidence in them), but when he actually commits to what he's doing, it works. Sack #s were low, but TFL were high. I think this guy is going to be a really good player with the right coaching and right system. Which we actually have.

Macnalty

Reaction score

Watched Eli Harold video then watched Hunter. Harold had more sacks last year and is typically more highly regarded. However, just going by eye test, Harold looks slow and weak, whereas Hunter looks fast, deceptively strong and actually sticks his head into the pile/blocks. You can see some sloppiness with his pass rush moves (he seems to lack confidence in them), but when he actually commits to what he's doing, it works. Sack #s were low, but TFL were high. I think this guy is going to be a really good player with the right coaching and right system. Which we actually have.

My notes on Hunter showed how confusing he is to figure out:
rare athlete, looks like offensive player on defense, limited tech, freaky but still not fully developed, no Pass Rush skills, built like JPP, gets cleanup sacks

Eli Harold reminds me of a guy the cowboys used to have on the team Eric Walden. Not quick enough to be an edge pass rusher and not strong enough to be a power rusher

Did I miss something, why on earth do we only have one DT visit? Sometimes absence of data is valuable information. I agree if this is their strategy so as not to tip their hand for the draft to the other teams.

That WR from Henderson State Darius Davis who visited is a real player.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He also plays with a very hot motor and alot of intensity.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Harold seems more suited for a true 3-4 OLB role. Hunter looks like he could grow into a 4-3 end. I just hate the luck we have had with LSU players.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Harold seems more suited for a true 3-4 OLB role. Hunter looks like he could grow into a 4-3 end. I just hate the luck we have had with LSU players.

agree with you on LSU players but like Xwalker mentioned he rarely goes all out on the pass rush but he can use his hands very well to disengage and play the run remarkably well.now its just a question of whether you can teach him pass rush skills,i like him and also he is really atheltic.

Gaede

Reaction score

Definitely. He was great standing up. Whenever he played down, he was not the same player.