NBA Issues Memo to teams reminding them they have to stand for Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course not. Rights are life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

You cant shoot me because it violates all of those.

If someone kneels for a song, it doesnt violate any of those.

So thats an apples to cows comparison you got there.

But me loading shotgun shells with rock salt and popping you in the backside would only offend you, not kill you.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
If you have to be coerced to stand for the national anthem then you don't give a damn about those that sacrificed for freedom in the first place.

this couldn't be more false, whether you agree with them standing or not, whether you are personally offended or not, what you can't do, without lying is say they don't care about those that sacrificed for freedom, when the protest has nothing to do with the military.

Ken

Reaction score
They don't have to play in the NBA..... there are rules just like any workplace

They also have to wear suits to the bench if they aren't playing instead of ripped jean and gold chains

The Horror
Was my point...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
this couldn't be more false, whether you agree with them standing or not, whether you are personally offended or not, what you can't do, without lying is say they don't care about those that sacrificed for freedom, when the protest has nothing to do with the military.
No matter how many times you repeat that lie, it's still not true.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
how is it a lie? what player has said they are protesting the military?
No player has said that. That is the narrative people created to make these guys feel bad for protesting against police brutality and racism.

Those two things are bad so what else can you say to try and make people bad for standing up for such a cause? Say they are disrespecting military. Its a lie. No one has said that.

CODE_BLUE56

Reaction score
I'm not personally a big fan of having a mandatory policy to stand for the national anthem, but the NBA is well within their right to do it, and I know the policy is a safe response to what's been going on in the NFL(Silver definitely trying to minimize bad PR).

shabazz

Reaction score
how is it a lie? what player has said they are protesting the military?

Actually most of these idiots don't know what the hell they are protesting. I've heard them say everything from police ro the confederacy. Probably the greatest assortment of misinformed people ever assembled. Mo Claiborne should be their official spokesman

CODE_BLUE56

Reaction score
Also, kneeling on the hardwood would not be fun. Something that came to mind lol.

shabazz

Reaction score
I would love to see something that backs this us, that a player is kneeling because of the confederacy.

Saw it on Fox and Friends that were interviewing NFL players last week. There was a whole montage on Tucker Carlton also that showed these mental midgets completely contradicting what the protest is supposed to be about. Lmao

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Saw it on Fox and Friends that were interviewing NFL players last week. There was a whole montage on Tucker Carlton also that showed these mental midgets completely contradicting what the protest is supposed to be about. Lmao

I'll just reiterate, I would love to SEE something that backs this us, that a player is kneeling because of the confederacy, but I'm going to assume that won't be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.