NBA Offseason Thread

phildadon86

Reaction score
They have their own picks from now 2030 and 1 2nd. How do you figure no one has the draft assets Toronto does?
Who are we talking about? Boston? Phoenix? Miami ?

Who of those 3 can bring Durant? I think Boston and Toronto are the only viable options.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who are we talking about? Boston? Phoenix? Miami ?

Who of those 3 can bring Durant? I think Boston and Toronto are the only viable options.
Toronto can if they include Barnes (with Siakam). Boston can if they include Smart (With Brown). Neither team seems interested in that Phoenix will probably have to wait until Ayton is eligible to be traded. Miami is a darkhorse

Most likely he stays in Brooklyn. There is speculation he only made the demand to force them to trade Kyrie

phildadon86

Reaction score
Toronto can if they include Barnes (with Siakam). Boston can if they include Smart (With Brown). Neither team seems interested in that Phoenix will probably have to wait until Ayton is eligible to be traded. Miami is a darkhorse

Most likely he stays in Brooklyn. There is speculation he only made the demand to force them to trade Kyrie
That’s an interesting angle. Kyrie is such a locker room you know what.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I do wonder if there is truth to Durant requesting a trade as a waynto force Brooklyn to trade Irving
BRK can't/won't trade Kyrie before KD IMO.
He's a negative asset and they aren't going to tip someone to take him without tons of cap relief.
KD just wants to win and he's an age where it matters.

Kyrie has stated he is playing out his last year of this deal in BRK. He needs to play closer to 82 games if he wants to get real money in FA.
He and BRK are both motivated to make that work for a year. --see aforementioned need to not tank.
Then BRK likely would love to do a S&T to someone with at least some cap space. Get some small assets (maybe a couple 2nds and a young player and cap relief.

I think KD wants to go to a top 4-6 team and that to me leaves Clippers/PHX/BOS as truly realistic targets. GSW/TOR longer shots for various reasons but mostly because they are lack resources or do not want to include them.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

I don't think MIA has the assets.
Bam is owed over 130M, Duncan Robinson over 75M.
Herro is appealing for sure but he's on the last cheap season.
MIA is good so the picks mean very little.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
So after trading away Murray, I’m pretty convinced my Spurs are tanking it and shooting for another Admiral-Duncan scenario with that tall French guy who is supposed to be the surest draft bet since Lebron James. I see that the guy can move, I just hope he can take the pounding.

Just imagine, if the Spurs got him, and some of those unprotected Atlanta draft picks also worked out… All Star roster baby!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Just came up with this one

tuDfjF8.jpg

Boston gives Robert Williams, Jalen Brown, 3 1sts for KD. Boston becomes the Hands on favorite to win the title the next 4 years. Tatum not having to be the #1 will do wonders for his career, he looked way over his head in the finals.

Nets turn around and package those pick with theirs for 5 total 1st rounders to Utah with some salary swap to get Donovan Mitchell. We know Danny Ainge wants picks for him over anything else.

The money works. Convince Kyrie to stay and sign an extension by showing him the monster lineup you’ve made and that he’s the boba fide #1 option on a genuine contender.

Kyrie-Donovan-Brown-Simmon-Williams

Best defensive front court in the league, 3 dominant scoring options, Simmons can be the point forward a la Draymond Green and not need to be a scorer with this lineup, and Seth Curry could be 6th man of the year

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

tuDfjF8.jpg

Boston gives Robert Williams, Jalen Brown, 3 1sts for KD. Boston becomes the Hands on favorite to win the title the next 4 years. Tatum not having to be the #1 will do wonders for his career, he looked way over his head in the finals.

Nets turn around and package those pick with theirs for 5 total 1st rounders to Utah with some salary swap to get Donovan Mitchell. We know Danny Ainge wants picks for him over anything else.

The money works. Convince Kyrie to stay and sign an extension by showing him the monster lineup you’ve made and that he’s the boba fide #1 option on a genuine contender.

Best defensive front court in the league, 3 dominant scoring options, Simmons can be the point forward a la Draymond Green and not need to be a scorer with this lineup, and Seth Curry could be 6th man of the year
The Nets want to dump salary not take on more. They are paying astronomical amounts of tax.
That trade would land them in mid playoff range but come nowhere near making them a favorite.
Mitchell and Kyrie on one team would be pretty hilarious. 2 6'1" ball dominant shot chunkers.

If BRK takes that haul for KD they likely then sit happily as is without a move for Mitchell. Content to fight for a play-in spot this year and rehab Kyrie to trade at either deadline or in S&T.

KNK likely only team ready to trade a fortune for Mitchell and thus the various interest piece stuff floated by Ainge to drive up price.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
So after trading away Murray, I’m pretty convinced my Spurs are tanking it and shooting for another Admiral-Duncan scenario with that tall French guy who is supposed to be the surest draft bet since Lebron James. I see that the guy can move, I just hope he can take the pounding.

Just imagine, if the Spurs got him, and some of those unprotected Atlanta draft picks also worked out… All Star roster baby!
Def going rebuild mode.
Pop is a master so you never say never but it is a long way up from the bottom.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Understood.
I have been trying to steal Smart since he was drafted.
He's a local kid and I've been high school gyms with him.
Smart is very much culture player for them. He been a guy that they have dangled in trade in the past, but his value to them has always been higher than what they could get on market

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Smart is very much culture player for them. He been a guy that they have dangled in trade in the past, but his value to them has always been higher than what they could get on market
He's been a culture player since 15. His HS gave up like 45 points per game on the way to winning State.
A natural leader even without elite scoring capabilities.
He's the ideal player to play alongside Luka. --and yes Tatum.

dogberry

Reaction score
Chet Holmgren of the Thunder will miss the tire 22-23 season.

Will he count against the 15 man regular season roster limit?

Sydla

Reaction score

tuDfjF8.jpg

Simmons would likely sink this team too. If he even shows up.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

tuDfjF8.jpg

well this trade can’t happen because Utah already traded O’neale at the beginning of the league year so they can’t acquire him back…

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Donovan Mitchell to CLE is an interesting move for sure.
Quite a young nucleus there in CLE.

Going to be interesting now to see what the Knicks do.
They kept the horded picks but have a really strange lineup and a lot of money tied up in non-star level players.
Wonder if they'd flip Randle and an R1+R2 to Utah for Bojan and Rudy Gay.
Get out of a lot money with that deal.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Donovan Mitchell to CLE is an interesting move for sure.
Quite a young nucleus there in CLE.

Going to be interesting now to see what the Knicks do.
They kept the horded picks but have a really strange lineup and a lot of money tied up in non-star level players.
Wonder if they'd flip Randle and an R1+R2 to Utah for Bojan and Rudy Gay.
Get out of a lot money with that deal.
I think it boosts them into 4/5 seen territory this year, but with a chance to grow as real contenders as Mobley matures.

Shane612

Reaction score
It's only preseason, but it looks like Luka can do whatever he wants at any time he wants.