NBA Playoffs Suns vs Spurs

Route 66

Reaction score
Biggems;3396194 said:
This does lead me to an interesting question for Suns fans.....KJ or Nash?

I'd choose KJ.

Biggems;3396210 said:
However, if the Spurs, by some miracle were able to win the next 4, how would you Suns fans feel? What would your mindset be? Would it drive you to violence or depression? I am being serious here.....I just want to know what your honest reaction would be.

I wouldn't feel any different than I have the past decade. We've enjoyed many post-season opportunities and failed. So if for some reason we lost this series, it would be business as usual. :D

The Suns are definitely going to be going through a transitional phase and Nash will soon be gone, Amare' isn't a definite (not sure I would want to keep him anyway) and only time will tell if Dragic has it in him to be a decent replacement for Nash. Dragic doesn't have eyes in the back of his head like Nash does.

Like I said, it's been year after year of watching a team with no killer instinct. I'm tired of seeing stats over the years where the Suns were first in PPGs or first in 3 pointers, etc. Who cares about the regular season when it's just a pole position for the REAL season? I see something in this team this year that is quite different and that's why I was hopeful coming into this series.

If we play the Lakers, the way I look at it is if we had the same team from the past decade, we will lose miserably. This year, I'm a little more hopeful that we can beat them. We have shown we can play in away games and we have enough versatility from the bench that the odds of finding someone with the hot hand is more likely this season. Our defense has finally stepped up a bit and I'm interested how Lopez can come back from the back issue and defend the paint.

Neither one of our teams has had any real good games this series. The Suns have had a few games with an anemic first half. The Spurs have not clicked on these games as well. It was absolutely atrocious in prior years watching Tony Parker surgically dismantle the Suns layup after layup.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rowdy;3396254 said:
I'd choose KJ.

I wouldn't feel any different than I have the past decade. We've enjoyed many post-season opportunities and failed. So if for some reason we lost this series, it would be business as usual. :D

The Suns are definitely going to be going through a transitional phase and Nash will soon be gone, Amare' isn't a definite (not sure I would want to keep him anyway) and only time will tell if Dragic has it in him to be a decent replacement for Nash. Dragic doesn't have eyes in the back of his head like Nash does.

Like I said, it's been year after year of watching a team with no killer instinct. I'm tired of seeing stats over the years where the Suns were first in PPGs or first in 3 pointers, etc. Who cares about the regular season when it's just a pole position for the REAL season? I see something in this team this year that is quite different and that's why I was hopeful coming into this series.

If we play the Lakers, the way I look at it is if we had the same team from the past decade, we will lose miserably. This year, I'm a little more hopeful that we can beat them. We have shown we can play in away games and we have enough versatility from the bench that the odds of finding someone with the hot hand is more likely this season. Our defense has finally stepped up a bit and I'm interested how Lopez can come back from the back issue and defend the paint.

Neither one of our teams has had any real good games this series. The Suns have had a few games with an anemic first half. The Spurs have not clicked on these games as well. It was absolutely atrocious in prior years watching Tony Parker surgically dismantle the Suns layup after layup.

this year Parker hasnt seen a layup he couldnt miss

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White;3396601 said:
I missed the first part of the game... what happened to Nash?

Duncan caught him with an elbow and split his eye open.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
GO SUNS!!!!! Western Conference Finals here we come!!!

I'm on some other forums, and the Laker faithful are already putting them in the Finals!!

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
400px-Broom_icon.svg.png

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Grats to the Suns ....

They banished all those old defeats.

Goodluck in the next round.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
SO the Spurs are basically Golden State. The Mavs made them look like they were an actual championship basketball team, but they were just an old, but really well coached team that took advantage of Rick Carlisle and his horrible decision making throughout round 1.

*SMH*

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;3396672 said:
GO SUNS!!!!! Western Conference Finals here we come!!!

I'm on some other forums, and the Laker faithful are already putting them in the Finals!!

Game, Set, Match ....Lakeshow !!!!!!!!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;3396806 said:
Nope...The Spurs won at least one title with her riding the gravy train.

yes but she was just a desperate girlfriend then, now she is a desperate housewife and we aint won jack.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Bummer, now I have to figure out who to root for between Grant Hill and the Lakers. I guess I will try to root for Steve Nash and ignore the fact that Grant Hill plays for them.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
My fellow Suns' fans...REJOICE!!!! The wicked witch has finally had the house dropped upon her! Now, can we shock the world again by toppling LA?!!

To the Spurs' fans... Besides Bowen and Horry (I've hated him since he was in HOU breaking our hearts), I've always respected your players and coach. They are a class organization and even though you guys have given us year after year of postseason misery, I will not gloat too much! Besides, you guys still have the shiny hardware (X4) that we Suns' fan are still longing for!!!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
BehindEnemyLinez;3397156 said:
My fellow Suns' fans...REJOICE!!!! The wicked witch has finally had the house dropped upon her! Now, can we shock the world again by toppling LA?!!

To the Spurs' fans... Besides Bowen and Horry (I've hated him since he was in HOU breaking our hearts), I've always respected your players and coach. They are a class organization and even though you guys have given us year after year of postseason misery, I will not gloat too much! Besides, you guys still have the shiny hardware (X4) that we Suns' fan are still longing for!!!

You guys deserve to gloat ..... Enjoy this ..... guys like you and Rowdy and a few others deserve it.