NBA Playoffs

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think they need a more consistent third option. They have alot of guys that can put up a 20 game any given night, but none of them are ever going to give you a consistent 15+. I dont think it needs to be another All Star, but a guy like Malcolm Brogdon would go along way.
Ultimately, I think either THJ or Dinwiddie can be that guy. But of course they have to be healthy and consistent.
DAL can use any solid 2-way players that can hit double digit scoring nightly.
Right now I'd say the biggest need is a center upgrade over Dwight Powell. Rebound, rim protection a least a bit and not a black hole on offense.
And just depth. Josh Green needs to continue to develop into a rotation player. DAL needs to significantly upgrade Burke and Boban or Chriss.

Obviously, the team can dream bigger but it is going to be tough to do much unless someone like LeBron forces his way to the Mavs, The team doesn't have the draft capital or trade pieces to entice many teams.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Who’s old enough to remember when the Mavs had the Young Guns in Jimmy Jackson, Jamal Mashburn, and Kidd?

Shame personal drama split them up ultimately.

Mashburn would have thrived in today’s game.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who’s old enough to remember when the Mavs had the Young Guns in Jimmy Jackson, Jamal Mashburn, and Kidd?

Shame personal drama split them up ultimately.

Mashburn would have thrived in today’s game.
I remember watching Mash at Kentucky telling my mom we need a 2nd TV just to fit his whole head on the screen

Wasnt Jackson/Kidd drama over Toni Braxton?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I remember watching Mash at Kentucky telling my mom we need a 2nd TV just to fit his whole head on the screen

Wasnt Jackson/Kidd drama over Toni Braxton?
reportedly, yes.
3 Js had Jason dating Toni Braxton but Jim Jackson hopped in her limo after a game and they took off leaving Kidd fuming.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Ultimately, I think either THJ or Dinwiddie can be that guy. But of course they have to be healthy and consistent.
DAL can use any solid 2-way players that can hit double digit scoring nightly.
Right now I'd say the biggest need is a center upgrade over Dwight Powell. Rebound, rim protection a least a bit and not a black hole on offense.
And just depth. Josh Green needs to continue to develop into a rotation player. DAL needs to significantly upgrade Burke and Boban or Chriss.

Obviously, the team can dream bigger but it is going to be tough to do much unless someone like LeBron forces his way to the Mavs, The team doesn't have the draft capital or trade pieces to entice many teams.
crazy!!!
I basically called this move above and Mavs trade all their junk and 26 for Christian Wood.
No idea why HOU did that trade but man am I grateful.
Wood is a starter in Dallas where Center was the weak spot on the team by a country mile but it's even more important they cleaned up all those roster spots.
Now you can chase vets who want to ring hunt with Luka.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Curry is cemented in the Top 10 players of all time IMO.

Nav22

Reaction score
Warriors are done messing around with the Celtics. I was never scared of the team that needed 7 games to beat the gimpy Miami Heat.

Limit their easy paint buckets, don’t give them a million FTs and force them to jack contested jumpers. Over the course of a 7-game series, Golden State will gladly play those percentages.

Horford, Smart and White:
15-23 from 3 in Game 1... 2-7 from 3 in Game 2.

Draymond was spot-on when he highlighted that trio’s insane shooting numbers after Game 1 and shrugged it off: “We’ll be fine.”

Jayson Tatum’s still the most overrated “superstar” in the NBA this season. Minus 36 tonight, the worst Finals plus-minus in the play-by-play era. He’s a very good player, but he’s more Jimmy Butler/Donovan Mitchell than Kevin Durant/Giannis. He’s not some transcendent player we’ll be telling our grandkids about... but Steph Curry is, and that’s why he’ll (finally) be Finals MVP.
I’ll just leave this here.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At the end of the day, Im proud of the C's. Probably more proud of them than the last time the won the chip (everyone expected them to win in 2008). They made moves last off season more centered around being players this offseason, than true competing, and were below .500 halfway through the season. Grinded out a tough playoff stretch where Timelord and Smart were in and of the lineup, and at the early juncture had the upper hand in the finals.

Two big things: Golden State just has a more well rounded team. They can survive an off night from Curry in the finals. 2: They have killers. For all of Curry's accomplishments, people are probably going to remember him most as a killer on the biggest stage. Tatum and Brown both had great playoffs, but they have to grow a bit more before they can put up banners. Tatum just turned 24 a couple months, so there is plenty of room to grow still.

All and all it was an enjoyable run. Haven't gotten to watch the team on this stage since 2010. As disappointing as the end results, it was good to see them play for the highest stakes again

uvaballa

Reaction score
Nice win Warriors. Steph was the best player in the playoffs and really carried them. I still like how the Celts are setup going forward.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Warriors have a number of tough decisions to make this offseason. Most of these guys I would let walk. Kuminga and Moody will serve as quality rotational players taking the place of Lee, Anderson, Iguodala, et cetera.

Under Contract
G: Stephen Curry
G: Klay Thompson
G: Jordan Poole
G: Moses Moody
F: Draymond Green
F: Andrew Wiggins
F: Jonathan Kuminga
C: James Wiseman

Free Agents
G: Gary Payton II (unrestricted) Want him back and I think he'd want to come back but may be get offered a contract/security he simply can't refuse (and they can't match)
G: Chris Chiozza (restricted) Let him walk
G: Quinndary Weatherspoon (restricted) Walk...
G/F: Andre Iguodala (unrestricted) Walk...
G/F: Damion Lee (unrestricted) Walk...
F: Kevon Looney (unrestricted) Want him back but may be get offered a contract he can't refuse (and they can't match)
F: Otto Porter Jr. (unrestricted) Would be a quality resign at the right price
F: Nemanja Bjelica (unrestricted) Walk...
F: Juan-Toscano Anderson (restricted) Walk...

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Warriors have a number of tough decisions to make this offseason. Most of these guys I would let walk. Kuminga and Moody will serve as quality rotational players taking the place of Lee, Anderson, Iguodala, et cetera.

Under Contract

Free Agents
G: Gary Payton II (unrestricted) Want him back and I think he'd want to come back but may be get offered a contract/security he simply can't refuse (and they can't match)
F: Kevon Looney (unrestricted) Want him back but may be get offered a contract he can't refuse (and they can't match)

I thought the Warriors would be able to match any offer Looney got because they drafted him or am I remembering that rule wrong? Don't they hold his "Bird rights?" If they can bring back him, GPII and OPJ then they will be short odds favorites to win it all again next year. I mean they are going to start the season next year as the favorites anyway but that would strengthen them considerably.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Under Contract

Free Agents
Do they think they will shop Wiseman?