Twitter: NBC announces changes to its Football Night in America broadcast

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Two people in the booth, a play by play man and a color guy, that's all I need, the rest is nonsense

I have never ever understood the insistence on a "sideline personality". No offense but they add absolutely nothing asking their simpleton questions that the coaches don't want to be bothered with to begin with. That can be covered ad nauseum post game.

Any relevant information from field level or elsewhere could be relayed to the booth by people who are never seen just like everything else is.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I have never ever understood the insistence on a "sideline personality". No offense but they add absolutely nothing asking their simpleton questions that the coaches don't want to be bothered with to begin with. That can be covered ad nauseum post game.

Any relevant information from field level or elsewhere could be relayed to the booth by people who are never seen just like everything else is.

I agree. You get zero groundbreaking information out of those beyond the standard, "we gotta play better" nothingness.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Two people in the booth, a play by play man and a color guy, that's all I need, the rest is nonsense.... I don't need a two hour pregame show either with endless talking twits, I don't watch them...Sunday's nights game starts at 7:20 C S T, I turn on the channel at 7:15 C S T

The Sunday night pregame is nice because you see highlights from all the days games.

but I can’t devote time to pregames on Sunday morning anymore and just all the speculation and what not.

erod

Reaction score
Haven't watched it in years, so whatever.

Empty blather as I remember, I'm sure.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
As long as you have a female football expert and an ex-referee to explain the most obvious of plays to the fans, I'm good. What did broadcasts ever do back when there were only two people in the booth? Oh yeah, be entertaining.

conner01

Reaction score
Two people in the booth, a play by play man and a color guy, that's all I need, the rest is nonsense.... I don't need a two hour pregame show either with endless talking twits, I don't watch them...Sunday's nights game starts at 7:20 C S T, I turn on the channel at 7:15 C S T
Isn’t nice to know you don’t have to watch
But plenty of folks do

DandyDon52

Reaction score
i dont watch much mostlyturn it on 5 minutes before the game starts
me too, only exception might be if cowboys are playing, I might tune in early to get some info.

These shows are so plastic , and formula driven, they are hard to watch for more than 10 minutes.
I thought it was funny it said most watched show, and I rarely watch it.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
That guy has 'genda dysphoria so excuse the lack of being informed.
Actually, IM trying to be nice, but lets get real. She adds absolutely NOTHING. She allows them to check all the needed boxes... nothing more.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
She's a host, not an analyst. Previously, she was ESPN/ABC's sideline reporter for their top college football games.
Sounds like they are grooming her for being a top spokesperson. that is what she is.
She is somebody's pet cat~.
That is what they do,groom one and then put her in a top job, like the one on fox [arrin andrews?], who I cant stand listening to.
They are not needed , just fluff so they have women on the show . They like to increase female viewers, aged 18-39,
so they do a lot of stuff to attract that group. if your female and over 40 they dont really care if you watch lol.
I think thats why they never show cheerleaders anymore, they are afraid of upsetting some female viewers.
or maybe just the pc crowd.

slick325

Reaction score
Good for Maria! Happy for her. I'm cool on Brees but will watch their team.