NBC: Michael Crabtree, Tramon Williams among the top free agents left

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you give me Hardy, I am satisfied. At least I have the comfort we added a player capable of starting and making an impact. We improved somewhere on this roster prior to the draft.

That is just really all it comes down to. Sad, but that signing would make me feel good about everything else and make be begin to understand that there indeed is a plan.

Make or break. It should not be that way. But it pretty much is.

There is a plan

To keep costs down and win 8 games every year, and to get a 3 to 4 win spike every 4 years to keep people buying merchandise

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
There is a plan

To keep costs down and win 8 games every year, and to get a 3 to 4 win spike every 4 years to keep people buying merchandise

There is no need to speak to this cruel level, no matter how appropriate it may be.

Hardline

Reaction score
Crabtree over T-Will? As our number 2? Instant upgrade.

Crabtree isn't elite at all, but miles ahead of T-Will.

Crabtree is not miles ahead of TWill.
He is not even the best receiver on that list.

I would take Cecil Shorts over Crabtree

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
You guys better introduce yourself to Devin Street because I've seen some tidbits lately saying the team is very high on him and some even expect him to overtake T Will this year.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Fans don't seem to realize that while Carr and Claybourne are better at man than zone, Scandrick being the main player than excels at both, Marinelli wants to play more zone than man. I don't see why he would look to bring in more man coverage guys who don't do well in zone. I think he'd love to find more DBs who excell in zone for his defense.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Crabtree over T-Will? As our number 2? Instant upgrade.

Crabtree isn't elite at all, but miles ahead of T-Will.

Haha, miles ahead of T-Will?

T-Will is a huge reason we went anywhere in the playoffs. He was a huge part we won games earlier in the season. The disappearance later on the season had to do with Bryant going off and Beasley becoming a big part of the offense.

I'll stick with Bryant, Williams, and Beasley. Thanks.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Fans don't seem to realize that while Carr and Claybourne are better at man than zone, Scandrick being the main player than excels at both, Marinelli wants to play more zone than man. I don't see why he would look to bring in more man coverage guys who don't do well in zone. I think he'd love to find more DBs who excell in zone for his defense.

I wonder if Rod has reached out to Charles Tillman? I know he is old, but he was playing decent before he got hurt.

Frozen700

Reaction score

T-Will is a huge reason we went anywhere in the playoffs. He was a huge part we won games earlier in the season. The disappearance later on the season had to do with Bryant going off and Beasley becoming a big part of the offense.

So it had nothing to do with the fact he couldn't shake his 1 on 1 coverage? He was open most of the time?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So it had nothing to do with the fact he couldn't shake his 1 on 1 coverage? He was open most of the time?

Well if you think T-Will can't shake 1 on 1 coverage...wait until you get a chance to see Crabtree......He's never wide open and can't outrun anyone. He's a poor man's Keyshawn.....and that's probably the Keyshawn that was in Dallas as opposed to the one with the Buccs and Jets.

Maybe he was hurt last year. But there's a reason why he's still out there. He's not the Crabtree everyone thought he would be.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Well if you think T-Will can't shake 1 on 1 coverage...wait until you get a chance to see Crabtree......He's never wide open and can't outrun anyone. He's a poor man's Keyshawn.....and that's probably the Keyshawn that was in Dallas as opposed to the one with the Buccs and Jets.

Maybe he was hurt last year. But there's a reason why he's still out there. He's not the Crabtree everyone thought he would be.
I thought he was over-rated.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys better introduce yourself to Devin Street because I've seen some tidbits lately saying the team is very high on him and some even expect him to overtake T Will this year.

As DandyDon said, look out for Devin Street. Add him to this list.
Though I am surprised there are only 6 WR on the roster so far. Seemed like last year we had 10 at this point, then added more as OTA's neared. Still early though.