NBC: Michael Crabtree, Tramon Williams among the top free agents left

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Williams signs deal with Browns. So does Randy Starks.

Cecil Shorts signs 2 year deal with Texans.

DTown214

Reaction score
I'm surprised the Eagles aren't looking at Crabtree with how weak their receiving core is now.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So it had nothing to do with the fact he couldn't shake his 1 on 1 coverage? He was open most of the time?

Very few WRs are "open most of the time". How many damn balls do you think go around during a game? Romo was only averaging about 27-28 pass attempts a game last year, and Williams has never been a player since he got here that catches 6-7 passes a game. He has always averaged around 2-3 catches, and they are normally big plays.

Williams has shown time and time again that he can beat one on one coverage, not sure why this is even being questioned.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Very few WRs are "open most of the time". How many damn balls do you think go around during a game? Romo was only averaging about 27-28 pass attempts a game last year, and Williams has never been a player since he got here that catches 6-7 passes a game. He has always averaged around 2-3 catches, and they are normally big plays.

Williams has shown time and time again that he can beat one on one coverage, not sure why this is even being questioned.

Stop making excuses because he's on our team. If he was on the giants We would laugh at the bum.

He sucks. Catches with his body, and can't get open consistently. He's trash

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Stop making excuses because he's on our team. If he was on the giants We would laugh at the bum.

He sucks. Catches with his body, and can't get open consistently. He's trash

We would laugh? I'd laugh at a guy who gets 600 yards with 37 receptions and 8 TDs? I'd laugh at a guy who caught a clutch pass against a dominant defense that helped lead us to victory? I'd laugh at a guy who broke away from two defenders while Romo spun away from Watt and caught a TD pass? I'll laugh at a guy who broke away from a corner and went 70 yards for TD with 2 minutes left in the quarter to get us back into the wildcard game, then caught a clutch pass on our final offensive drive to give us the lead? I'd laugh at the guy that helped us get back into the Green Bay game as well?

Yeah, he's terrible. Easily replaceable.

Last edited:

Frozen700

Reaction score
We would laugh? I'd laugh at a guy who gets 600 yards with 37 receptions and 8 TDs? I'd laugh at a guy who caught a clutch pass against a dominant defense that helped lead us to victory? I'd laugh at a guy who broke away from two defenders while Romo spun away from Watt and caught a TD pass? I'll laugh at a guy who broke away from a corner and went 70 yards for TD with 2 minutes left in the quarter to get us back into the wildcard game, then caught a clutch pass on our final offensive drive to give us the lead? I'd laugh at the guy that helped us get back into the Green Bay game as well?

Yeah, he's terrible. Easily replaceable.

He is terrible.

Ton of those came from broken plays. That or a quick slant, in an obvious blitz/0 coverage scheme behind it.

khiladi

Reaction score
On this headline alone, apparently free agency has now become a trip to Wal-mart.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He is terrible.

Ton of those came from broken plays. That or a quick slant, in an obvious blitz/0 coverage scheme behind it.

Haha, so all of his great plays were just "broken plays". Okay, man.

I smell an agenda here. You go keep track on Crabtree's free agency, okay? Maybe he'll end up in Oakland or something.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Haha, so all of his great plays were just "broken plays". Okay, man.

I smell an agenda here. You go keep track on Crabtree's free agency, okay? Maybe he'll end up in Oakland or something.

I don't care for him either. He's better than T-Will though.

Dude body catches. Nuff said

I'm sure you think MO is all pro also, and should start.

Frozen700

Reaction score
How many drops does he have?

I'll wait.

How man deep balls went his way but who couldn't haul in because he couldn't extend, tried to body catch, and it got knocked away?

How often does he show up in the 4th quarter when he's 1 on 1?

How often does he show up period?

How many catches a game does he get?

Has he ever went a game without a catch? Let me guess it's Beasley's fault or Romo's.

I'll wait

mattjames2010

Reaction score
How man deep balls went his way but who couldn't haul in because he couldn't extend, tried to body catch, and it got knocked away?

How often does he show up in the 4th quarter when he's 1 on 1?

How often does he show up period?

How many catches a game does he get?

Has he ever went a game without a catch? Let me guess it's Beasley's fault or Romo's.

I'll wait

He seems to haul in nearly every deep pass thrown to him.

He's shown up in the 4th more often than Dez Bryant, I've already pointed that out.

Doesn't matter how many catches a game he gets, you don't understand his role. That's on you, not him. He's our deep threat, there is a reason the guy had over 600 yards with only 37 receptions and 8 TDs.

Yes, he has. Dez Bryant has went games with only a single catch, Beasley has as well, **** even Witten has gone game with low catch numbers. Dez had over 80 receptions, Witten over 60, Murray over 50, Beasley over 30. ONCE AGAIN, how many damn balls do you want to go around?

And YET AGAIN, he's one of the main reasons we went anywhere in the playoffs. He's one of the main reasons we beat one of the best teams in the league and the best defense.

You have no counter argument. Body catcher? How many drops does he have? You're avoiding the question. G

mattjames2010

Reaction score
By the way, when you average about 2 catches a game, you better not have many drops.

#2? My ***

He should be a 4th receiver. Even that is being nice.

And he doesn't. So the "body catching" is a bad criticism, since he seems to haul in nearly every pass that comes his way.

Frozen700

Reaction score
He seems to haul in nearly every deep pass thrown to him.

He's shown up in the 4th more often than Dez Bryant, I've already pointed that out.

Doesn't matter how many catches a game he gets, you don't understand his role. That's on you, not him. He's our deep threat, there is a reason the guy had over 600 yards with only 37 receptions and 8 TDs.

Yes, he has. Dez Bryant has went games with only a single catch, Beasley has as well, **** even Witten has gone game with low catch numbers. Dez had over 80 receptions, Witten over 60, Murray over 50, Beasley over 30. ONCE AGAIN, how many damn balls do you want to go around?

And YET AGAIN, he's one of the main reasons we went anywhere in the playoffs. He's one of the main reasons we beat one of the best teams in the league and the best defense.

You have no counter argument. Body catcher? How many drops does he have? You're avoiding the question. G

Nah G, your argument is weak.

Dez get's double and triple coverage at times. We see what happens when you single him up. We attack right away. Why don't we do that with Williams? LMAO

If Dez goes away in the 4th, again, it's because he has more than 1 body thrown at him. You are trying to make a case for williams, who's a bum.

You stay restricted on this forum, but I dare you to venture to an all sports forum, and tell him people how good Williams is. You will get laughed out the forum, and flamed.

Stop stat hunting, everybody on here knows Williams is a known body catcher. You are just trying to defend the star on his helmet.

He see's single coverage all game. For a deep threat he sure does not make a lot happen when we need him 1 on 1.

"His role" hahahaha so you admit, he's a role player? He is defined by a role in this offense, and outside of that role, he can't create. A deep threat? Yeah we need more than that from a number 2 option, who can't even get deep often 1 on 1.

Dude is a bum, and he sucks, along with MO. Stop making excuses.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah G, your argument is weak.

Dez get's double and triple coverage at times. We see what happens when you single him up. We attack right away. Why don't we do that with Williams? LMAO

If Dez goes away in the 4th, again, it's because he has more than 1 body thrown at him. You are trying to make a case for williams, who's a bum.

You stay restricted on this forum, but I dare you to venture to an all sports forum, and tell him people how good Williams is. You will get laughed out the forum, and flamed.

Stop stat hunting, everybody on here knows Williams is a known body catcher. You are just trying to defend the star on his helmet.

He see's single coverage all game. For a deep threat he sure does not make a lot happen when we need him 1 on 1.

"His role" hahahaha so you admit, he's a role player? He is defined by a role in this offense, and outside of that role, he can't create. A deep threat? Yeah we need more than that from a number 2 option, who can't even get deep often 1 on 1.

Dude is a bum, and he sucks, along with MO. Stop making excuses.

You are way underrating T. Williams. He generally catches what is thrown to him. He is obviously not a Dez type WR, but he was a decent #2 WR. He was on a team that was run heavy and he was the 3rd receiving option behind Dez and Witten. Williams spent the majority of the time running clear out routes to get other players open. That's how many teams use a 2nd/3rd receiving option that has good speed.

Frozen700

Reaction score
You are way underrating T. Williams. He generally catches what is thrown to him. He is obviously not a Dez type WR, but he was a decent #2 WR. He was on a team that was run heavy and he was the 3rd receiving option behind Dez and Witten. Williams spent the majority of the time running clear out routes to get other players open. That's how many teams use a 2nd/3rd receiving option that has good speed.

I respect your response. You have a point. At the same time, LR wasn't world class, a burner or none of that, but he did what a number 2 was supposed to do when Dez was getting doubled.

He made plays, beat his 1 on 1 match up, and was reliable. Same thing with Terry Glenn.

TG may not be the best example because he was on a different level than those guys, but you get my point with LR. That's all we need. To many times vs GB, when they took Dez away, Romo was running around like a dog chasing his tail for almost 15 seconds, and still couldn't get anyone open.

All I'm saying is we need a better number 2 option. Especially when we have a WR who demands, commands so much attention.

Verdict

Reaction score
I would love to see them sign Crabtree at a bargain basement price and then see him go off and get Dez type of numbers ... Which is possible.