Video: NBC Sports-Will Ekekiel Elliott be suspended for incident at festival-Pro Football Talk

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Goodell will never miss an opportunity to screw Dallas. And with the giants on opening week?? You are living in a dream world if you think Elliott won't be suspended.

Flamma

Reaction score
It's a topic of convo here, but in my circle and folks I know closer to the game don't really care whatsoever. Most of the drama is media driven click bait.
I couldn't possibly care less if a guy is a super awesome person, I want animals playing this game, not angels. Some fans think they're above everyone.

I agree with this 100%, but there are people out there that care about player character. One of my close friends (A Giants fan) couldn't wait to get Plaxico off the team after the gun incident. Solely based on his character. Of course I would prefer players with high character, but only because they usually don't hurt the team. No other reason. But I really don't care about players off field life what so ever. If they can stay on the field and produce, the rest doesn't matter to me.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I agree with this 100%, but there are people out there that care about player character. One of my close friends (A Giants fan) couldn't wait to get Plaxico off the team after the gun incident. Solely based on his character. Of course I would prefer players with high character, but only because they usually don't hurt the team. No other reason. But I really don't care about players off field life what so ever. If they can stay on the field and produce, the rest doesn't matter to me.
Right, we had Bryant who's attitude sucked and made a negative impact. That part I get. When a staff builds a team and scouts players, they pick them about and most likely prefers good character. As a fan, I don't really think it's a big deal. All teams experience bad apples.

erod

Reaction score

The problem is, there are league rules. Character matters because without it, your team is constantly compromised by bone-headed decisions by these Neanderthals.

I get the mentality of not caring because, let's be honest, these guys don't care if we live or die, so why should we them? These are disposable modern day gladiators to us. Nothing more.

It's just a lot easier to root for people like Sean Lee or Jaylon Smith than it is to root for Dez Bryant or Zeke Elliott. Unless your personal character is more aligned with the latter, which is on you.

That's just human nature.

aria

Reaction score
Goodell will never miss an opportunity to screw Dallas. And with the giants on opening week?? You are living in a dream world if you think Elliott won't be suspended.
Good, we did better against the Giants without Elliot and if Goodell wanted to screw Dallas as bad as you say he would have suspended Zeke already for the parade incident and would have investigated the nightclub incident. Nice try though, it keeps the conspiracy the theorists happy.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Good, we did better against the Giants without Elliot and if Goodell wanted to screw Dallas as bad as you say he would have suspended Zeke already for the parade incident and would have investigated the nightclub incident. Nice try though, it keeps the conspiracy the theorists happy.
I dunno, remember how long the last one took? Just dragged on, nothing but a dragged out distraction. This time we got a couple RBs ;)

aria

Reaction score
I dunno, remember how long the last one took? Just dragged on, nothing but a dragged out distraction. This time we got a couple RBs ;)
Yeah, but most of that was due to all the appeals. Good thing we do have those backs though, they may come in handy.

plasticman

Reaction score
The media is keeping this story fresh. It could have gone away. However, despite their lack of playoff success, the Cowboys are an historically high profile team. Their games
capture a higher segment of viewers than other teams. They are always going to be news.

Then there is the Jerry versus Roger dynamic. Due to Jerry's inability to keep his mouth shut, Goodell had to take extra measures to demonstrate he was not influenced by Jerry's percieved influence in league matters. I truly believe Zeke's previous suspension could and would have been shorter had it not been for Jones's interference via the media.

This was a physical altercation and the story isn't evaporating. There will be a suspension.