News: NBCSports: Jerry Jones: Ezekiel Elliott return not ruled out at all

quickccc

Reaction score

Ponder this,.. if Zeke " returns" I do not think there is no longer a need for rookie FB Hunter Loop

- Zeke would then immediately represent the power and goal line and one short yard. presence not necessary for
carrying an extra back. And Hunter is not a battering ram blocker, so his role and spot would be in immense jeopardy.

- I don't think it's a good idea for Pollard, who does not need the politics and locker room (and Owner ?) favorisim that Zeke would bring back
among teammates. The good ole boy back-patters. I think that needs to be Pollard's show now without a co-host.

- Plus Zeke has lost so much in line burst and lateral speed, you'd have to design and scheme for limited packages.
No stretch run plays at all. He lumbers to the edges - even he sees a bounce out run - he just cannot get there.
RB screens ? More lumbering .. He just limits us too much.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I seriously would not mind it (prefer him over Ronald Jones) but it would have to be on a minimal contract.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Jerry really likes Zeke and probably feels bad he still hasnt found a home. Its kind of like going to a pet store and every time you go the same animal is there and you hope someone adopts the animal. Then eventually theyre being sold for a discount and then you decide to adopt them yourself.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Ok. Hurry up and make it happen, Jerry.

Zeke's been coming back since the day they let him go.

cowboyed

Reaction score
It's possible Zeke may come back as a player-coach specifically to teach teammates how to artfully leap into the Salvation Army Kettle. Meanwhile he is inking a contract to promote Kettle Potato Chips.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Rather go with Kareem Hunt...avoid the locker room politics.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Rather go with Kareem Hunt...avoid the locker room politics.
I completely understand what you're saying about zeke and the thought he might make coaches feel he should play more but I gotta tell you hunt is so overrated, he's so underperformed his numbers are so sad, you Zeke did better on one leg and you call him washed most people here say zeke's washed Yet hunts done less than washed..

seriously, his numbers are all pretty sad. I'd rather just stay young leave the veterans out of it for NOW, if Rojo don't come back just give it to Malik Davis or Rico dowdle Vaughn or hunter.. Seriously why why would you go get a guy who hasn't really done much as a veteran over youth and upside I'd rather go with the young guys..

Now maybe going into Week 2 we reevaluate and bring in a veteran but I wouldn't worry about that right now all this talk about somehow needing to shore up the running back position and I say I think we're fine.

well, IF we're not there's so many that are a dime a dozen just to add a veteran for the sake of adding a veteran.

Heck if it was my plan I would roll through the season probably around week 10 if Elliott still out there,

I put him on my team right around that time, no guarantees everything would need to be earned and escalated pay from playing time and performance etcetera but but zeke's been good for half a season until he gets injured he's been starting very good and not finishing strong... imagine bringing him in and have him get write about his peak playing time at the playoffs games leading right up into the playoffs?? He could be a pretty good asset if you did it that way if somehow, he's still available and willing to do that that's what I would do or another veteran like him you bring them in about 5-6 games before the playoffs let them get ramped up and be fresh for the stretch run.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
With the way Tony Pollard wanted no part in stepping up and blowing up Micah Parsons (which led to Micah hitting Dak hard below the waist), I hope Jerry took notice. Zeke would have quickly stepped up and blasted Micah while protecting Dak
Tony Pollard did the opposite by allowing Micah to rush in untouched and almost end the season by injuring Dak simply because Pollard was too afraid to go up against Micah Parsons.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And then MM swoops in and makes it clear that its over for Zeke here. Nice to know it was MM that was a big proponent of no more Zeke. Gives me hope.

My personal opinion is that Jerry just does this for Zeke to help is old buddy seem like there is actually a market for his services. AS if he might resign with Dallas kinda thing.

Havic

Reaction score
Could see him back during the season, especially if injuries mount up

Havic

Reaction score
With the way Tony Pollard wanted no part in stepping up and blowing up Micah Parsons (which led to Micah hitting Dak hard below the waist), I hope Jerry took notice. Zeke would have quickly stepped up and blasted Micah while protecting Dak
Tony Pollard did the opposite by allowing Micah to rush in untouched and almost end the season by injuring Dak simply because Pollard was too afraid to go up against Micah Parsons.

Pollard graded out better than zeke last year with pass protection.

T-RO

Reaction score
Solomonic Proverb:

As a dog returns to its vomit,
so fools repeat their folly