1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Twitter: Neal signing with Tampa

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lkelly, Apr 6, 2022.

1. SinceDayOne

SinceDayOne Active Member

200 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    To get this roster back to the point it was at season end this upcoming draft better be an all time best type thing for the Cowboys. Unless there are some true hidden gems still out there in FA or unless the team pulls off a few really nice trades.

Aven8 likes this.
  2. Bullet22

Bullet22 Well-Known Member

1,110 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    Dak's fault..

3. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

12,306 Messages
    10,696 Likes Received
    On the contrary, because Neal cannot cover the deep half of the field anymore as a coverage safety, and was obviously losing more and more range,
    his best plays came when he was closer to the line, thus the move to LB.

How much you wanna bet the Bucs have him playing " hybrid" nickel mode instead of the traditional deep halve safety ?

4. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

29,961 Messages
    21,666 Likes Received
    cant keep them all.

good luck to him we kept the better of the Players then those that left IMO. Cox easily assumes his role with Kearse,LVE, and other plus a draft pick. Not sure he was all that important. we shall see.

5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

53,434 Messages
    59,034 Likes Received
    :facepalm:

6. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

6,264 Messages
    6,104 Likes Received
    Y’all crack me up. The “who cares” attitude for Neal leaving, but if we signed a player of his current caliber we would be really happy. Neal is a 2nd tier guy, Not a bargain basement guy like the clowns we will end up with.

7. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

53,434 Messages
    59,034 Likes Received
    You are defining a Strong Safety in a single-high coverage scheme...

8. CowboyoWales

CowboyoWales Well-Known Member

2,998 Messages
    1,920 Likes Received
    This is the Stephen way....throw enough darts at that hole and one may plug it. Struck gold in Kearse, but as they say a stopped clock is correct twice a day.

bonafidebanter likes this.
  9. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

24,577 Messages
    21,177 Likes Received
    If he does, good for him, but last year proved Tampa proved to be beatable so its far from assured.

maryquality and Rayman70 like this.
  10. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

9,133 Messages
    8,519 Likes Received
    He was a disappointment tbh

11. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    64,139 Messages
    76,038 Likes Received
    Not according to Vegas, they are just over a 2/1 difference.

And he was not a difference maker. Though I felt it was a mistake to play him at LB. Maybe he will be better for them at S.

12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

106,373 Messages
    36,608 Likes Received
    Keanu Neal signed a 1 year, $1,272,500 contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, including a $152,500 signing bonus, $152,500 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,272,500. In 2022, Neal will earn a base salary of $1,120,000 and a signing bonus of $152,500, while carrying a cap hit of $1,047,500 and a dead cap value of $152,500.

Keanu Neal Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

13. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    23,624 Messages
    35,128 Likes Received
    You've never gotten it. Terrible draft decisions. I laugh at your emoji.

14. Cmac

Cmac Well-Known Member

9,411 Messages
    6,325 Likes Received
    Will somebody please lock the back door. I'd be in for a coaching purge, but we know what that would mean......KMoore HC.

15. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

29,961 Messages
    21,666 Likes Received
    No Cox is taking his pace.. cant keep them all and next man up is player with even more upside..we kept hooker, Kearse, and LVE..you just cant and he want to be safety now umm we have Wilson, Kearse, and hooker plus young guys..again its nit that its n big deal we will easily fill his role.trust in DQ..he has plan for cox plus young guys form this hybrid role..

how many actual % of snaps did Neal play ..i believe if cox didn't get hurt before the end of the year he would have taken Neals job..

some might be undervaluing him but you are OVERR valuing him..just sayng.

i find it ironic all the bargain basement FA dal fans hate and say doesn't work when you lose one of them its like we lost hof Player'

think hard i mean how many of the FAs from last year worked out and yet here were are this offseason crying about the lack of FA movement and doesn't like the bargain basement guys but Neal was one of those ..we ended up keeping Kearse and Hooker

Doomsday101 likes this.
  16. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

6,264 Messages
    6,104 Likes Received
    There is nothing I said about wanting him to stay. Comprehension is a good thing my man. Had zero to do with what I was implying.

17. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

29,146 Messages
    51,067 Likes Received
    Damn. That is bare minimum and I don't believe gets us a comp pick

18. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

24,577 Messages
    21,177 Likes Received
    He didn't get much of a contract, so apparently the league isn't that enamored with him. Realistically he was a part of the rotation, but not a key component. Can't just replace him with anyone, but not an irreplaceable guy either.

19. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

33,907 Messages
    18,804 Likes Received
    It's pretty obvious they didn't want him back.

20. MTCowboyFan

MTCowboyFan Member

15 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    I am glad they did not resign him.

I can't recall one big play he made all year.

Rarely heard his name called and seemed like he never made any tackles.

I was sorely disappointed in his impact.

Full disclosure: I was pretty dang excited about the signing last year, thought he'd have a role similar to what Kearse ended up having.