Twitter: Neal's off to good start

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Damn.......Parson, Neal, LVE, and Jaylon. Something gotta give....is Jaylon starting job in jeopardy? I'm not sure you keep him if he can't start, too much money.

Yup.....Neal has been balling....and this Tweet nails it....:hammer:

@ this point you wonder if a healthy KJ Wright wouldn't be a better option...and save some money....by cutting or trading Jaylon.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let’s see how long this thread takes to turn in to another bash Jaylon thread.

it’s nice to hear about Neal. The man can hit and seems to have great football instincts.
I’m not sure how the coaches will have these guys in rotation.

It will start very soon for sure.

I liked what I seen from Neal, more so than I originally thought.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
The writings on the wall it seems. Curious how all this plays out. Jaylon seems to be the odd man out. Everyone else seems to pushed him the depth chart easily. We’ll see what happens before the season starts

Batman1980

Reaction score
Jaylon has a nice story but he’s just not cut out to be a starting NFL LB

It's not that nice of a story. He blew up his foot and recovered. So has Dak, difference is Dak can still (hopefully) play at an elite level in the NFL. Jaylon can still walk and run at a reasonable pace. Take the money you stole from Jerry, retire and be glad you got to play in the NFL despite not being physically capable.

superonyx

Reaction score
Hey let's see how long it takes for people to acknowledge Jaylon Smith for exactly what he is in this LB related thread.

OMG the hate.
Imagine having a thread about Neal and what he has shown so far and his potential without the same old tired things regurgitated about Jaylon over and over.

I guess we have had the Jaylon sucks thread in 12 hours so we must be due.

Thanks for your contribution to turning every thread negative.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine having a thread about Neal and what he has shown so far and his potential without the same old tired things regurgitated about Jaylon over and over.

I guess we have had the Jaylon sucks thread in 12 hours so we must be due.

Thanks for your contribution to turning every thread negative.

Sadly when the book is written on this worst era of Cowboys football ever I will be called negative.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yup.....Neal has been balling....and this Tweet nails it....:hammer:

@ this point you wonder if a healthy KJ Wright wouldn't be a better option...and save some money....by cutting or trading Jaylon.
Trading Jaylon? Holy Larry, why would you think that's even possible?!!!!

Big_D

Reaction score
Let’s see how long this thread takes to turn in to another bash Jaylon thread.

it’s nice to hear about Neal. The man can hit and seems to have great football instincts.
I’m not sure how the coaches will have these guys in rotation.

1post? The OP talks about how Jaylons job could be in jeopardy! That's not exactly a glowing endorsement!

When the group of LBs is shaping up to be better without him, then he's going to be part of the conversation!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Neal has been playing good so far. It really is a great idea to have moved him from SS to WLB. He went from being slow for a safety to being really fast for a LB. The guy is physical enough to play weak side and his coverage for a LB will be good.

A nice situational piece for Quinn to use.

As for Jaylon… I don’t really love him as a starting LB. However, last year he was overused and under coached. He played something crazy like 98% of the defensive snaps, which is waaay too much. He was worn down by half time and the coaches had the defense such a mess that it’s really no surprise he played the way he did.

Reduce his snaps down to maybe a third of what he did last year, put him in position to play forward, and give him clear instructions on what you want from him, and I think we will see a much better player. Will he be worth what he’s being paid if he’s used like that? Probably not, but he’ll play much better.

I think that is what the coaches have in mind for Smith.

But I’m not going to lie: When he did that ridiculous dance in front of the Giants player, I wanted him off the team then. It was embarrassing.

However… I do think he’ll play much better this season, just not enough snaps to justify his contract.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Damn.......Parson, Neal, LVE, and Jaylon. Something gotta give....is Jaylon starting job in jeopardy? I'm not sure you keep him if he can't start, too much money.

From what I have seen, Jaylon is only in on running downs where they have 3 lbers. When they goto the nickel, its Parsons and neal or Parsons and LVE.

Jaylon has looked soo bad in preseason I dont see how they continue to let him on the field. Once he starts getting burnt in real games something has to give.