Nebraska OL Draft Pick

Verdict

Reaction score
My son in law is a huge Nebraska fan, having grown up in far western Nebraska. I asked him about our new OL we drafted late in the draft. He indicated that he had filled in at center and had never missed a beat. Suggested that he had position flex and that his landing spot would probably be at center for the Cowboys.

Thought I would pass it on.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
My son in law is a huge Nebraska fan, having grown up in far western Nebraska. I asked him about our new OL we drafted late in the draft. He indicated that he had filled in at center and had never missed a beat. Suggested that he had position flex and that his landing spot would probably be at center for the Cowboys.

I was wondering if they hadn’t brought him in to compete at C.

I like the guy, particularly for a 7th round pick. He’s a pretty solid prospect actually.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I watched a video on him that said much the same thing. Apparently he’s played RY, guard, and a few games at center (which he apparently handled well). They said his best trait was his versatility but that he needs technique work. Also said he has vice grip hands and once he latched on, it’s over.

freemanjc19

Reaction score

Word is on the street he can play all 5 position on the OL. He played center last year or the year before without any practice at it for 2 games and was stellar.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The guy was talented enough to play at a school like Nebraska.

With a year in an NFL strength program he definitely has a shot if the stars align for him.

I see him as a guy we will want on the PS as opposed to a camp body.

freemanjc19

Reaction score

With a year in an NFL strength program he definitely has a shot if the stars align for him.

I actually think he may be on the 53 with our OL issues.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I actually think he may be on the 53 with our OL issues.
We need to hope not. That means some injuries.

The problem last year was the tackles.

Interior was decent....but it's time for McG and Biadasz to play full time along with the three studs.

CWill is not getting a second deal and McG is arguably better anyway.

rathalarge

Reaction score
I remember him struggling at OT, a lot of Holding calls, but he will battle!

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I know they were also interested in Brenden Jaimes another versatile Nebraska lineman who played guard and tackle. He went in the 5th to LAC. Seems like Dallas scouts Nebraska pretty hard. R. Gregory, L. Gifford, M. Collins, and B. Maher to name a few.

Turk

Reaction score

Nebraska has a very respected weight training program so I doubt you are going to see the jump you think you will.
Its not as good as the OL factories Wisconsin or Notre Dame but its up there.
Iowa used to be up there but the last couple of years there have been real problems and I am not certain its all that good now.

Gaede

Reaction score
This was a nice pick. I don't know **** about this guy but he is an OL from an OL school. I'd make that kinda pick every 7th round in every draft

fivetwos

Reaction score
Nebraska has a very respected weight training program so I doubt you are going to see the jump you think you will.
Its not as good as the OL factories Wisconsin or Notre Dame but its up there.
Iowa used to be up there but the last couple of years there have been real problems and I am not certain its all that good now.
Good point.....although he will still have to deal with everyone being better than him in practice as opposed to the usual other way around.

I truly believe that being in the right situation can make all the difference to guys like this.

I have no idea if this is it, but I suppose we will find out.

Anything is a bonus from 7th rounders.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Good pick. OL from those big programs are usually a solid bet late.