Need help with car problems

RaZon

Reaction score
I know....0....about cars or mechanics, yep...DUH!!!!!!!!!!!...fits perfectly.

I'll go out to start my Pontiac, click clck.....the problem is my battery cable to the hot. There is a build up of whatever so I can't get the connection, so it's take it off clean it off hook it back up and things are just fine. This happens about once a month.

What can be done about this?

JBond

Reaction score
New battery or call the big O. He has your back despite the company being dismantled.

RaZon

Reaction score
New battery or call the big O. He has your back despite the company being dismantled.

You think it's a battery problem causing that build up?

Is there some spray for the problem?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

I'll go out to start my Pontiac, click clck.....the problem is my battery cable to the hot. There is a build up of whatever so I can't get the connection, so it's take it off clean it off hook it back up and things are just fine. This happens about once a month.

They have a terminal lubricant that you can use to stop the build up. Go to an auto parts store they can check your Battery and alternator for free

RaZon

Reaction score
They have a terminal lubricant that you can use to stop the build up. Go to an auto parts store they can check your Battery and alternator for free

BINGO BANGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there is a spray for that problem, alright, so you got the job bro, when I have car problems....HEY cowpolk....cool?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Not into mechanics either huh?
It's cheaper than terminal lubricant.
You might even already have some on hand.
Just trying to help you out and save a buck
But I am not a mechanic, just have a little life experience
Hope it all works out for you sir.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
It's cheaper than terminal lubricant.
You might even already have some on hand.
Just trying to help you out and save a buck
But I am not a mechanic, just have a little life experience
Hope it all works out for you sir.
The stuff I bought looked a lot like Vaseline and was about the same consistency It may have stuff in it that specifically prevents corrosion I dont really know though

Hardline

Reaction score

Corrosion on your battery post. Baking soda and water will eat all the corrosion off. Make sure your terminals are good and tight.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No. $100 new battery. Then have the team check the cables and charging voltage of your alternator. Strangely enough low voltage can cook a battery.
$100 is the cheapest I've seen a battery in probably 10 years. Maybe it's an East Coast thing, or the type of car you have?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is the way to go. Even if you're not have trouble with it turning over, it could be about to die. Most places will check it and install the new one (assuming you need one, which seems likely) for you at no extra charge.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
This is the way to go. Even if you're not have trouble with it turning over, it could be about to die. Most places will check it and install the new one (assuming you need one, which seems likely) for you at no extra charge.
And they will try to sell you the treatment for the terminals on the battery.

RaZon

Reaction score
Corrosion on your battery post. Baking soda and water will eat all the corrosion off. Make sure your terminals are good and tight.

Wow..how damn cool was that? There it is right there.

Hell, you guys are great, thank you very much, really appreciate it.