Twitter: Need more proof the Jones boys are just figureheads?

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
And who the heck is this Adam guy? How off-putting would it be for a player or agent to contact the owner/gm, only to be handed off to the gm's son who then delegates some guy named Adam to negotiatiate hundred million dollar contracts?! Yep, seeing the issue now. The business model is designed like a car dealership. Gotta get the best deals, the hidden value and fine print. These knuckleheads have a golden opportunity to greatly improve the team. They better not screw it up.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Maybe this will stop the idea that Jerry and Stephen are doing the work. They give general marching orders. It’s guys like McClay and this cap/contract guy really running the team

No. The Jones are 100% running the team. It’s why they fail so often because they are good at making money and selling their product, but are pathetically bad at running a front office.

Dude…they are running this thing. They just don’t know how to do it well.

mugsybows

Reaction score
I took that different. To me it comes off arrogant. I think it’s a tactic used by jones to make it seem like he doesnt care If they come or go, and if so its a real poor tactic. The used car dealership comparison is apt. Its like oh you gotta work yourself up to get to stephens level. Its a really unnecessary dance. They are just a really poorly run team.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. The Jones are 100% running the team. It’s why they fail so often because they are good at making money and selling their product, but are pathetically bad at running a front office.

Dude…they are running this thing. They just don’t know how to do it well.
Oh, they are very good at running it into the ground.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I took that different. To me it comes off arrogant. I think it’s a tactic used by jones to make it seem like he doesnt care If they come or go, and if so its a real poor tactic. The used car dealership comparison is apt. Its like oh you gotta work yourself up to get to stephens level. Its a really unnecessary dance. They are just a really poorly run team.

Stephen is lazy. That's the reason why Will McClay has to attend the post draft press conference every year to talk about each player picked. Our Director of Player Personnel is right there and he can't do it. He needs his underling to do it because he doesn't put in the work to know these players himself.

When he was asked after the draft if he saw his new 1st round pick, Micah Parsons, bowl game performance, he said no, but he saw some highlights and Brad Sham said he was really impressive. This was literally his response as the #2 personnel man in the organization behind his
father. Disgraceful.

I think he's his father's son. He wants to have the title and be in charge but he wants no part of the grunt work.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen is lazy. That's the reason why Will McClay has to attend the post draft press conference every year to talk about each player picked. Our Director of Player Personnel is right there and he can't do it. He needs his underling to do it because he doesn't put in the work to know these players himself.

When he was asked after the draft if he saw his new 1st round pick, Micah Parsons, bowl game performance, he said no, but he saw some highlights and Brad Sham said he was really impressive. This was literally his response as the #2 personnel man in the organization behind his
father. Disgraceful.

I think he's his father's son. He wants to have the title and be in charge but he wants no part of the grunt work.
This is the absolute unvarnished truth.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score

father. Disgraceful.

…and yet JJ and SJ have input and the tying vote on draft picks despite not knowing the players themselves. This is the main reason this franchise will never see the success it once had decades ago.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

father. Disgraceful.

And why it’s difficult to really take this football franchise serious anymore. It’s like we are just going thru the motions .

Ultimately it becomes about hyping up and promoting whatever pile of crap these clowns have mustered up.
YE3dExo.jpg

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL. So the factory workers run the company not the execs they work for.

Fans. They so desperately want to pretend the Jones control doesn't exist.

I know you are as excited as I for when John Stephen takes over.