Twitter: Need more proof the Jones boys are just figureheads?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Far be it from me to be on the Jones side but I would have to Lawrence and Gregory to "go away" from the start. Lawrence has come nowhere near earning his original contract, why give him another one?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Maybe this will stop the idea that Jerry and Stephen are doing the work. They give general marching orders. It’s guys like McClay and this cap/contract guy really running the team

A distinction without a difference. They carry the titles. They have ultimate authority. Of course they aren't the ones putting in long hours, running the numbers.

What's next? You're going to have breaking news that high-ranking politicians don't spend weeks/months crunching the numbers of bills they legislate? They have underlings for such tasks, but they make the decisions and put their names/faces on it.

It's no different in Dallas. Jerry and Stephen are the President and Vice President, respectively. They gave themselves such titles for a reason.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
A distinction without a difference. They carry the titles. They have ultimate authority. Of course they aren't the ones putting in long hours, running the numbers.

What's next? You're going to have breaking news that high-ranking politicians don't spend weeks/months crunching the numbers of bills they legislate? They have underlings for such tasks, but they make the decisions and put their names/faces on it.

It's no different in Dallas. Jerry and Stephen are the President and Vice President, respectively. They gave themselves such titles for a reason.

To emphasize and illuminate their over-inflated egos, perhaps?? :grin: :muttley:

manster4ever

Reaction score
…and yet JJ and SJ have input and the tying vote on draft picks despite not knowing the players themselves. This is the main reason this franchise will never see the success it once had decades ago.

......lock the thread. This is the best post yet: just so sad but true. Really kinda hate those two at this point.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I don't want your guy on my team, so I'm not talking to you. Why? Because I'm too rich to talk to people I don't like.

Classic rich guy behavior.
:omg:

CWR

Reaction score
LOL. So the factory workers run the company not the execs they work for.

Fans. They so desperately want to pretend the Jones control doesn't exist.

Yeah, just watch Dlaws interview. He confirmed exactly who calls the shots.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah, just watch Dlaws interview. He confirmed exactly who calls the shots.
Personally I think the Joneses want to be able to take center stage if things happen to go right....

But also be able to blame someone else when it doesn't.

Too many opinions in that building and they aren't always the same. That's why there appears to be no plan.

CWR

Reaction score
Personally I think the Joneses want to be able to take center stage if things happen to go right....

But also be able to blame someone else when it doesn't.

Too many opinions in that building and they aren't always the same. That's why there appears to be no plan.

I think they set basic parameters and then let people smarter than them handle business. It's a good way to operate, however I'd venture to guess things get out of hand when they can't resist stepping in.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Maybe this will stop the idea that Jerry and Stephen are doing the work. They give general marching orders. It’s guys like McClay and this cap/contract guy really running the team

The main personnel decisions (except for tie-breakers) has not been Jerry for years now.

That has been Will Clay, the scout team, coaches, and Stephen

Cap guy IS Stephen ...this was tongue-n-cheek

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Man I would love to hear Will McClay really open up and talk about how things are with Stephen and Jerry. I doubt it would be as dramatic as fans like to believe but I bet there are things that would really be eye opening.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Jerry plays with his toy whenever and however he pleases. Anyone who tries to convince themselves of anything else is kidding themselves.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Tbh this really isn’t a big deal. Many teams have a capologists and guys who come in crunch the numbers and go over multiple scenarios with agents in regards to deals. Happens all the time in the nba and im sure in the nfl. The agent then hears the scenarios and that’s when Stephen comes back in to sign the papers after they’ve decided which route to take or to ask if they can budge on any of those figures.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

There are people who take the Joneses serious ?

Those people (the joneses) are the cancer of our society. The breed of unsocial market economy.

Last edited: