Need to see Trey Lance this preseason

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
He’s such a wildcard and has so much potential. Give the man a chance to show us his abilities in the preseason and give this man some game reps. I still have faith this man is our QB of the future but we need to stop being stubborn and we need to give the man a fair shot !!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get ready to watch some preseason games because Jerry Jones did not go Lone Wolf and grab Trey Lance for him to carry a clipboard leading up to the regular season.

That said, his 'fair shot' will likely be how the coaches evaluate his strengths and abilities in that setting. It is extremely doubtful there will be a true competition for the starter position. Jones has a history of backing quarterbacks he judges as starter material, extending back before the Tony Romo era (see Quincy Carter).

Lance's preseason evaluation will be geared more towards what he might be judged for after the Dak Prescott era ends. Whether that is after the 2024 season concludes or a later date is anyone's guess.

morat1959

Reaction score
This organization has no clue how to evaluate the QB position. The biggest factor for them is how many jerseys he will sell.

rambo2

Reaction score
He’s such a wildcard and has so much potential. Give the man a chance to show us his abilities in the preseason and give this man some game reps. I still have faith this man is our QB of the future but we need to stop being stubborn and we need to give the man a fair shot !!
He is going to play most of the snaps.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
He’s absolutely awful. Why are you people so obsessed with Lance?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Agree.

#Lance2024

rags747

Reaction score
Dak plays maybe the last game last half of the preseason, Lance needs to be out there with the 1’s. Forget Cooper, he can relieve Lance.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak plays maybe the last game last half of the preseason, Lance needs to be out there with the 1’s. Forget Cooper, he can relieve Lance.
Vet 1's don't play in pre-season.

Are you saying we need to play our 1's against rookies and UDFA to make Trance look good?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lance is just another player that will likely dash the hopes and dreams of a lot of fans. Rarely has there been a QB go bust for their first team and panned out somewhere else. If Dak re-signs Lance’s days will be numbered.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Vet 1's don't play in pre-season.

Are you saying we need to play our 1's against rookies and UDFA to make Trance look good?
I won't be surprised if they game-planned the pre-season games for Lance to make him look good.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Lance is just another player that will likely dash the hopes and dreams of a lot of fans. Rarely has there been a QB go bust for their first team and panned out somewhere else. If Dak re-signs Lance’s days will be numbered.
There is no other option but to resign Dak.