News: Needing to 'disrupt,' Jerry looks at offseason change

Aven8

Reaction score
More from Jerry…

MOBILE, Ala. — Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones met with reporters on Tuesday morning at the Senior Bowl for the first time since making the decision to keep head coach Mike McCarthy in the building for the fifth and final year of his current contract after another early postseason exit, as he detailed his seemingly quick decision and the need to "disrupt" this offseason in order to have a better result in 2024.
Jones met with McCarthy for over three hours in the days following the abrupt postseason exit, and he emphasized on Tuesday that it wasn't something he had to think long on in order to move forward.
"This is not a 'talk yourself into it,'" Jones said. "It obviously gives you a lot of things to consider and think about. Everybody has options. This is one I'm very comfortable with. I felt good during the year with the job that Mike was doing. The team was responding well. We were all disappointed that we didn't win that Green Bay game. We had visions of a lot better than that, we all did. But there are things there that we can take forward."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/needing-to-disrupt-jerry-looks-at-offseason-change

Motorola

Reaction score
"Everybody has options. This is one I'm very comfortable with."
Yeah... Jerry needs to be disrupted.
That wildcard game beatdown at home by Green Bay should have been enough for Jones to be "disrupted".

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
If Jerry needs a disruptor then maybe change out that JWB for JD. Make himself drink the cheap stuff until the team wins a SB.

plasticman

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't need to disrupt, he just needs to be stopped.....along with his equally inept progeny.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He’s just talking in circles. He’s not doing jack s.
EXACTLY ! LOL but he is saying something, he is satisfied with the way the team is, and doesnt see anything wrong with it, players, or coaches,
He is even ok with the GB loss ! wow!.
I am blowing off cowboys till major change happens. I will still watche games etc , but not expecting anything in playoffs or season.
Like jerry I am OK with whatever they do!

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
This is all just SOS coming from big mouth himself. If this didn't wake you up and want to change things, not much else will. The slogan for the team in 2024.....RUN IT BACK....

lostar2009

Reaction score
They need to complete this team and stop being cheap. They could go into FA and spend little to nothing to bring in a DT, LB, RB. Then run it back in the draft with more selections. They just need to make the right moves.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Jerry is loving this attention ......... he will just keep talking ........ he does not give one turd about Cowboy fans disappointment or winning.
No care whatsoever.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don’t care if McCarthy plays out his deal. He actually did pretty good adjusting the offense mid-season. The real issue is the extension of Dak.
The real issue is the extension of Dak, Pollard, Lamb, Parsons, etc.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
More from Jerry…

MOBILE, Ala. — Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones met with reporters on Tuesday morning at the Senior Bowl for the first time since making the decision to keep head coach Mike McCarthy in the building for the fifth and final year of his current contract after another early postseason exit, as he detailed his seemingly quick decision and the need to "disrupt" this offseason in order to have a better result in 2024.
Jones met with McCarthy for over three hours in the days following the abrupt postseason exit, and he emphasized on Tuesday that it wasn't something he had to think long on in order to move forward.
"This is not a 'talk yourself into it,'" Jones said. "It obviously gives you a lot of things to consider and think about. Everybody has options. This is one I'm very comfortable with. I felt good during the year with the job that Mike was doing. The team was responding well. We were all disappointed that we didn't win that Green Bay game. We had visions of a lot better than that, we all did. But there are things there that we can take forward."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/needing-to-disrupt-jerry-looks-at-offseason-change
Key phrase:
I am very comfortable with.
It's all about comfort for Jerry and not about winning.

I am sure he was not always comfortable with Jimmy and Parcells , but we need a strong coach and not a puppet.