Twitter: Negotiations with Zeke have intensified **merged**

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree....although I’m OBVIOUSLY not in the he’s horrible camp with you.

If you agree with my opinion of Dak or not really doesn't matter (Don't fear the Dak MOB here) what matters is that the FO 1 week prior to kick-off unlike Philly is NOT sold on Dak as a franchise QB.
As money talks and you know walks....

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've never played professional football so I can only go on what other people say. I believe yesterday a former back (I forget who) said it takes 2 weeks for a rb to get ready for an NFL game. Not just in shape but mentally ready to take hits with bodies flying around.We also have a new OC and I hope he's adding new wrinkles (like the 21 with Zeke and Pollard as backs) to our offense So in that sense I think TC makes a difference. .

I guess Bell, Hurley, and a few others, are in trouble.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yes..... Pay Zeke! I'm talking to you Cleveland!
We knew this was coming. I can’t wait to see these numbers. Gonna be more than 14. But what’s the guaranteed and signing bonus.. The total number is gonna be jacked up to look good..

Jipper

Reaction score
When Zeke went out in 2017, we were 5-3. He serves his suspension, we lose the next 3 games in embarassing fashion.

The Seattle loss was on Dak and Dez, not zeke.

If you think this team would be just as good with Tony Pollard as our lead back, then lets just end this discussion now

you are 100 percent correct that this team is better with zeke, however I would argue that dak is substantially better as are our recivers and defense....my point is that I think we are in a better position to deal with him being out this year than 2 years ago

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
According to some we don't need him against the Giants anyway. Hopefully he'll be back in game shape by game 4.

I hope so too but I gotta be honest, I've been told by some very knowledgeable posters that this entire idea of having to go to camp, get into hitting shape, all of that nonsense, is just that. I've been told that he will be ready to go straight away.

I didn't know when I heard this. I was like, all the time looking behind me while I was reading those posts, to see if all of it was just some kind of clever distraction designed to allow somebody to sneak up behind me. Alas, nothing like that happened so I don't know what to make of that advice. Take it with a grain of salt would be my recommendation......

LOL...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
When Zeke went out in 2017, we were 5-3. He serves his suspension, we lose the next 3 games in embarassing fashion.

The Seattle loss was on Dak and Dez, not zeke.

If you think this team would be just as good with Tony Pollard as our lead back, then lets just end this discussion now

Again, if Zeke’s presence is the reason we win games, we would have beat a flawed Seattle team. We also weren’t very good at the beginning of the 2017 season, remember when we got stomped by the Broncos?

And it wouldn’t make sense for your point looking at the beginning of the 2018 season.

Not sure what is controversial, we got as far as our trenches allow us. I worry more about our DE and DT positions since that is one of the reasons we didn’t advance in the playoffs last season while Zeke couldn’t get 50 yards.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It says that we aren’t winning games BECAUSE of Zeke. People here have the flawed and outdated thinking that we go as Zeke goes, which simply is not true.

We had a similar record when Zeke went out in 2017. We couldn’t lock up a potential playoff spot against the Seahawks in 2017 with Zeke.

As it has been for a long time in football, you go as far as the trenches and QB can take you. Skill positions are expendable.

I have also noticed people putting down Zeke to prop up Dak or to prop up Zeke to put down Dak.

Aren't you doing the same?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Hahahaha...

I'm never one to say I told you so, but I told you so..

He'll be signed this week.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I just don’t want to see LVE have a unreal 3 seasons on his rookie deal and hold out like Elliot because it’s a unique situation again.
I just don't think it will happen with any position but RB because the other star players are going to have many chances to make big money. Zeke pretty much has just one chance.

aria

Reaction score
According to some we don't need him against the Giants anyway. Hopefully he'll be back in game shape by game 4.
PA, I’m one of those who thinks we don’t need him for the first 3 games and I wouldn’t be surprised if Zeke thinks the same thing which is why he may sign sooner than later so he doesn’t lose any leverage he might have.

If I were him I wouldn’t bet against the Cowboys in the first 3 games.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Again, if Zeke’s presence is the reason we win games, we would have beat a flawed Seattle team. We also weren’t very good at the beginning of the 2017 season, remember when we got stomped by the Broncos?

And it wouldn’t make sense for your point looking at the beginning of the 2018 season.

Not sure what is controversial, we got as far as our trenches allow us. I worry more about our DE and DT positions since that is one of the reasons we didn’t advance in the playoffs last season while Zeke couldn’t get 50 yards.
So now we are simplifying it to Zeke alone should win us games? :huh:

Thats not how this game works.

Adding an elite player to an offense that has an average/below average Quarterback will only benefit this team.

Altestic

Reaction score
PA, I’m one of those who thinks we don’t need him for the first 3 games and I wouldn’t be surprised if Zeke thinks the same thing which is why he may sign sooner than later so he doesn’t lose any leverage he might have.

If I were him I wouldn’t bet against the Cowboys in the first 3 games.
yes, the schedule helped the Cowboys with the Zeke negotiation big time

imagine if Goodell had decided to give us... @ Patriots, vs Rams, @ Saints, and @ Bears for our first 4 weeks.

Altestic

Reaction score
So now we are simplifying it to Zeke alone should win us games? :huh:

Thats not how this game works.

Adding an elite player to an offense that has an average/below average Quarterback will only benefit this team.
I agree

I would pay Zeke and Cooper and Gallup and Awuzie and Collins

Tag Prescott and let Collins walk.

aria

Reaction score
yes, the schedule helped the Cowboys with the Zeke negotiation big time

imagine if Goodell had decided to give us... @ Patriots, vs Rams, @ Saints, and @ Bears for our first 4 weeks.
Goodell doesn’t decide the scheduling but I get your point.