Twitter: Negotiations with Zeke have intensified **merged**

Sydla

Reaction score
You draft a guy 4th overall and he goes all pro you pay him. Regardless of position. If you don't feel the position is valuable enough to pay but spend a top 5 pick on you are an imbecile lol. The pick should have been ramsey

Well............... 4 years ago they said they didn't need or want to spend resources on a TB. Then they did. Now they say you don't need an elite TB to win. It appears they are on the cusp of overpaying for a TB.

So.......... imbecile might be apt.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Coop isn't being punished. He doesn't want a deal now. Everyone has been reporting it.
He wants to play and then ask for top dollar.
His group aren't even approaching the FO now.
I doubt he'd refuse a big contract offer today putting him in the elite paid WR. "not wanting" is relative. He's just classy. Then again being classy is almost always the harder path to travel so I do admire and support him on his choice.

Air Force One

Reaction score
You're not getting it. His group don't want to even talk to the FO right now. Steven has already said it.
Actually we don't know this for a fact. I believe less than half of what Stephen says.

Second, you act like his group would refuse, let's say, being made the highest paid WR. Not wanting to talk, again, is relative to what they think would be offered.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So how many low tier RB's have won them also?
If there are so many available then why don't every team dump their RB's every year and just go with the cheapest RB they can sign?

so true what teams do is get really Good RBs even ones with chance to be elite and when they get to new deal status they cut them.. a great RB is still needed some teams wont pay them past their rookie deals doesnt not mean they arent necessary.. I keep saying this but when the last 27-30milplus qb or 17-20 mil WR won a SB? OBJ and SB on the same offense and they finish 4-12?TEAM GAME anyone :))

remember Goff hasn't got paid yet, Foles was backup and Tom was a19mil player the last 3 SBs..huh :).. Brees makes 23 now .. huh

it seems RBs arent the only ones taxing the cap.. all these big deals given to say 10 stars on the team are making those teams give up quality depth and better built TEAMS..its not just the RB..

the can of worms have been opened JGarpolo, Cousins, Carr, Stafford, all paid way too much and add BigBen, Rogers, Luck etc not one made the playoffs last year and now Russell Wilson got his and im betting they will struggle to win a SB now that hes taking up 19% of their cap..Now dak wants 34 and Amari wants more then 17 come on people this is an overall star issue.. once you pay them it becomes a bigger issue..

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Why give him a deal at all if he has no leverage?

No leverage would mean Zeke shows up with no deal and plays on his current deal.

Zeke’s leverage = we are a playoff caliber team with him

Without him, see 2017

With him in 2018, we went 3-5 and needed to give up our first round pick. We also lost to Seattle when he returned in 2017. We got to the playoffs last year because our defense was top 10.

And Jerry is giving Zeke a contract because Jerry wants to lock Zeke up long term and has mentioned even before the holdout, he wants to get deals done for the “triplets” ASAP.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I doubt he'd refuse a big contract offer today putting him in the elite paid WR. "not wanting" is relative. He's just classy. Then again being classy is almost always the harder path to travel so I do admire and support him on his choice.
classy LOL NO he wants to go to the highest bidder as FA and he has NOT yet earned ELITE money,he was offered top 5 and thats not good enough, let me know when hes top 5 WR..OH the suffering.. lol

aria

Reaction score
You can't sit after 2 years on a rookie deal. It is negotiated in the cba players can get more money after year 3. We did it with all our all pro lineman why should zeke not get paid?
I much rather have pro bowl linemen than a pro bowl entitled diva RB. If we didn’t have those all pro linemen, Zeke wouldn’t be asking for more money because he wouldn’t have the stats to back up his demands. Linemen all day, RB not so much.

Air Force One

Reaction score
You're not getting it. His group don't want to even talk to the FO right now. Steven has already said it.
And actually, I'd just like to say "you're right".

My posts are based on the idea that negotiations have truly intensified and I don't have any faith in that. I've stayed out of the whole thing and I'm letting myself get sucked in right here at the end..:)

I just wanna post in the GameDay thread already!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Actually we don't know this for a fact. I believe less than half of what Stephen says.

Second, you act like his group would refuse, let's say, being made the highest paid WR. Not wanting to talk, again, is relative to what they think would be offered.
Maybe you're right. I'm not the end-all be-all of knowledge, for sure.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
With him in 2018, we went 3-5 and needed to give up our first round pick. We also lost to Seattle when he returned in 2017. We got to the playoffs last year because our defense was top 10.

And Jerry is giving Zeke a contract because Jerry wants to lock Zeke up long term and has mentioned even before the holdout, he wants to get deals done for the “triplets” ASAP.
This says more about the QB than it does about Zeke.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Didn’t we hear that last weekend? Of course they are making another attempt. The team would love to have him there and he doesn’t want to lose money. Until he relents a little and learns what compromise means, I doubt it gets done. If he holds fast for significantly more money that Gurley, no behavior clause, and no clause assuring against future holdouts, then I don’t want it to get done.

Go back and review what was said last weekend. It would get done then or this weekend.

Sydla

Reaction score
They cut Weber, Chunn and Jackson.

That leaves only Morris and Pollard as true TBs on the roster right now. Elliott has to be close unless they have their eye on a couple of TBs that were cut today.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
And actually, I'd just like to say "you're right".

My posts are based on the idea that negotiations have truly intensified and I don't have any faith in that. I've stayed out of the whole thing and I'm letting myself get sucked in right here at the end..:)

I just wanna post in the GameDay thread already!
You want to enter the Thunderdome?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This says more about the QB than it does about Zeke.

It says that we aren’t winning games BECAUSE of Zeke. People here have the flawed and outdated thinking that we go as Zeke goes, which simply is not true.

We had a similar record when Zeke went out in 2017. We couldn’t lock up a potential playoff spot against the Seahawks in 2017 with Zeke.

As it has been for a long time in football, you go as far as the trenches and QB can take you. Skill positions are expendable.

I have also noticed people putting down Zeke to prop up Dak or to prop up Zeke to put down Dak.