Twitter: Negotiations with Zeke have intensified **merged**

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Lol so Dak, Tony Pollard, and crew are a playoff squad?

Wow

No, an improved offensive line, an even more improved defense are a playoff squad. Obviously, with any team, the QB needs to play at an acceptable level - and you already know my opinion on Dak. But my dislike for Dak doesn’t have me excited to sign an RB to a large long term contract

JeffAtl

Reaction score
And you're right, while the Patriots drafting a RB in the first round was out of the norm for them, you know damned well they'll never pay him elite money. They'll use him for a few years and once he becomes expensive they'll move on.

Exactly. Michel was also the 31st pick which is essentially the top of the 2nd round so it's not like they invested a lot of draft capital in the pick.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I love how quickly fans have forgotten the salary cap hell we recently got of and now act like the salary cap doesn’t exist because the CBA coming up. The salary cap will go up and so will the players demands (ie Elliott) so just because there will be more money doesn’t mean teams will have extra money to satisfy every player who wants a raise.

If Jerry wants to hitch is hopes of a SB to a head case who plays one of the most expendable positions in the league then so be it...and that’s why he shouldn’t play GM and hasn’t won a SB in over 20 years. He’s trying to recreate what got him a SB in the first place but doesn’t realize this isn’t the early 90’s anymore, Jimmy Johnson isn’t his coach and the league has changed drastically.

Why would Zeke think that he's expendable when the cowboys drafted him 4th overall?

You dont need an elite rb when you have an elite passer. When defenses go into a game thinking "we have got to stop the passing game first", then we can just a guy at rb position.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Outside of guaranteed money this deal should have been done weeks ago. As much as I'd like to see how Dak plays without Zeke the difference between what each side wants the contract to be just isn't worth jeopardizing this season.

But keeping it alive this long drew lots of eyeballs to the Cowboys.
09-roll-safe.w1200.h630.jpg

B5Erik

Reaction score
I never listen to fans in cases like this because on one side you have the front office who wants the under compensated employee to continue to play under the current contract. On the same side you have the fan that wants the under compensated player to continue to play under the agreement that would allow the team to acquire better players. The front office and the fan align because they want what's best for the team, either party couldn't care less about the player's life or income.

That's why players have to look out for themselves.

During this whole process the ones that have been running their mouth to the media has been the Jones's, Zeke hasn't said a word but all he get from fans is hate. It's just business dont take it personal.
Zeke, counting his signing bonus amortized over his contract, is making about $8 Million per year. He's not exactly poor. He's not hurting for money, and he'll never have to work a real job for the rest of his life.

His position currently has a fairly low value and does not lead teams to Super Bowl championships. And yet he wants to get paid like an indispensable player, without whom the Cowboys cannot win. He's wrong.

He's in it for himself. As fans, we're in it for the team. So, yeah, his position and that of the front office and the fans are diametrically opposed.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Zeke, counting his signing bonus amortized over his contract, is making about $8 Million per year. He's not exactly poor. He's not hurting for money, and he'll never have to work a real job for the rest of his life.

His position currently has a fairly low value and does not lead teams to Super Bowl championships. And yet he wants to get paid like an indispensable player, without whom the Cowboys cannot win. He's wrong.

He's in it for himself. As fans, we're in it for the team. So, yeah, his position and that of the front office and the fans are diametrically opposed.
That's exactly why I dont listen to fans opinions in matters like these because if they were on the other side they'd be doing what Zeke is doing. It all about perspective.

B5Erik

Reaction score
That's exactly why I dont listen to fans opinions in matters like these because if they were on the other side they'd be doing what Zeke is doing. It all about perspective.
No, actually I wouldn't do what Zeke is doing. To me, that's unethical (he's got two years left on his contract, plus what he's doing will hurt the chances of the team winning over the next few years as they will have less room under the salary cap). I want to honor my commitments, and I want to win. Actually, reverse that order - I WANT TO WIN! And honor my commitments.

If I made $8 Million per year I wouldn't complain about a thing. Unless the team wasn't putting those savings back into the roster. But the Cowboys do put that money back into the roster.

aria

Reaction score
Why would Zeke think that he's expendable when the cowboys drafted him 4th overall?

You dont need an elite rb when you have an elite passer. When defenses go into a game thinking "we have got to stop the passing game first", then we can just a guy at rb position.
Lol, who cares where they drafted him? That was their mistake. How many other teams in the past 25 years needed a leading rusher to win the Super Bowl? Answer is 1. Zeke probably knows this which is exactly why he’s being an entitled brat, he knows he’s expendable but is calling Jerry’s bluff and will win.

Every other Super Bowl winning team has managed to get by without the highest paid RB in the league but for some reason people think we we can’t and Jerry trading Zeke would mean Jerry would be admitting he was wrong for drafting him which is a large reason I always thought this would get done.

The Rams didn’t skip a beat with Gurley down, they used a guy that had been cut by two other teams and was sitting on the couch to get to the Super Bowl. The Eagles did it with Ajayi. The Pats do it every year but they’re in a league of their own. The Giants did it with RB by committee (Jacobs and Bradshaw). The Saints have a 3rd rounder? Its been proven time and time again you don’t need a top RB to win. Not to mention all the off the field baggage this guy carries.

aria

Reaction score
No, actually I wouldn't do what Zeke is doing. To me, that's unethical (he's got two years left on his contract, plus what he's doing will hurt the chances of the team winning over the next few years as they will have less room under the salary cap). I want to honor my commitments, and I want to win. Actually, reverse that order - I WANT TO WIN! And honor my commitments.

If I made $8 Million per year I wouldn't complain about a thing. Unless the team wasn't putting those savings back into the roster. But the Cowboys do put that money back into the roster.
Ethics and commitment are foreign words to many on this board, you might as well be speaking Swahili.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Rams didn’t skip a beat with Gurley down, they used a guy that had been cut by two other teams and was sitting on the couch to get to the Super Bowl. The Eagles did it with Ajayi. The Pats do it every year but they’re in a league of their own. The Giants did it with RB by committee (Jacobs and Bradshaw). The Saints have a 3rd rounder? Its been proven time and time again you don’t need a top RB to win. Not to mention all the off the field baggage this guy carries.

The Rams didn't skip a beat against the Cowboys. They only had 77 yards rushing against the Saints and 64 against the Patriots.

Speaking of the Patriots, they drafted Sony Michel in the 1st round last year. He was the leading rusher in the SB and scored the only TD.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
When Jerry Jones or his idiot son take less money on anything they do "for the good of the team" ........ I may decide to listen to their Bullcrap.

In the 25 years since we have won a superbowl ....... have the ticket prices gone down? How about food at the stadium? Have Jersey prices gone down? How about stadium tour prices?

When will Jerry Jones give the people who make his team worth over 5 billion dollars a fan friendly deal?

If its all about the team ........ Why cut Dez and Ware in the middle of their contracts but keep the same GM who has not won anything in the last 25 years?

But more than half the fanbase still believe the con-mans bull.

vq1ygcxynoevxpszqieq.jpg

aria

Reaction score
When Jerry Jones or his idiot son take less money on anything they do "for the good of the team" ........ I may decide to listen to their Bullcrap.

In the 25 years since we have won a superbowl ....... have the ticket prices gone down? How about food at the stadium? Have Jersey prices gone down? How about stadium tour prices?

When will Jerry Jones give the people who make his team worth over 5 billion dollars a fan friendly deal?

If its all about the team ........ Why cut Dez and Ware in the middle of their contracts but keep the same GM who has not won anything in the last 25 years?

But more than half the fanbase still believe the con-mans bull.

vq1ygcxynoevxpszqieq.jpg
No doubt Jerry is a horrible GM, he’s said as much when he said he would have fired himself by now if a real GM did the same job he has done but he has a problem letting go of the power. Him giving Zeke a huge contract is just another example of why he shouldn’t be GM and why we haven’t won anything since a lot of these posters were born.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt Jerry is a horrible GM, he’s said as much when he said he would have fired himself by now if a real GM did the same job he has done but he has a problem letting go of the power. Him giving Zeke a huge contract is just another example of why he shouldn’t be GM and why we haven’t won anything since a lot of these posters were born.
Zeke's gonna bank!!! Lol!!! Sorry buddy.....