Nets to make offer for Dwight Howard

Reaction score
Looks like Dwight is scared of playing in L.A. because of Shaq's shadow. Screw him then. Go ahead and go to New Jersey where you'll get slaughtered by the Heat and Bulls every season. It's like the LeBron situation back in 2010. LeBron had a chance to sign with the Bulls and join Derrick Rose, but he was scared of playing in MJ's shadow. Bulls have been just fine without LeBron and the Lakers will be just fine without Dwight. I'm more than happy with Andrew Bynum. Kid is a stud and will only get better. I'm not sure Dwight will get any better he's reached his ceiling IMO. We would've had to give up both Gasol and Bynum to get him and that makes us a worse team. Skins&Terps was right we don't need Dwight we need a PG.

D29Murray

Reaction score
I hate when people want a player on their team, and when that player chooses to go elsewhere, then (and only then) do those people turn on that player and act like they never wanted them.

jcollins28

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4404720 said:
Looks like Dwight is scared of playing in L.A. because of Shaq's shadow. Screw him then. Go ahead and go to New Jersey where you'll get slaughtered by the Heat and Bulls every season. It's like the LeBron situation back in 2010. LeBron had a chance to sign with the Bulls and join Derrick Rose, but he was scared of playing in MJ's shadow. Bulls have been just fine without LeBron and the Lakers will be just fine without Dwight. I'm more than happy with Andrew Bynum. Kid is a stud and will only get better. I'm not sure Dwight will get any better he's reached his ceiling IMO. We would've had to give up both Gasol and Bynum to get him and that makes us a worse team. Skins&Terps was right we don't need Dwight we need a PG.

I'm sure he would gladly come to L.A if he could play for the Los Angeles Clippers...

juck

Reaction score
Dwight is probably gonna go to NJ. Id say if he doesnt then Mavs will sign both which they can do with the amnesty of Haywood.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
jcollins28;4406631 said:
I'm sure he would gladly come to L.A if he could play for the Los Angeles Clippers...
Yeah, that would fit his mentality.

No pressure there or championship.

Reaction score
jcollins28;4406631 said:

No he won't. He doesn't care about winning all he cares about is getting his big fat extension with the Nets.

jcollins28

Reaction score
Dash28;4406639 said:
Yeah, that would fit his mentality.

No pressure there or championship.

If not for delusional laker fans there would be no pressure for the lakers to win a championship this year.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
jcollins28;4406674 said:
If not for delusional laker fans there would be no pressure for the lakers to win a championship this year.
So you have the LAC winning the championship?

Pressure on LAL every season, they're proven champions, LAC not so much.

Your NBA team is?

jcollins28

Reaction score
Dash28;4406684 said:
So you have the LAC winning the championship?

Pressure on LAL every season, they're proven champions, LAC not so much.

Your NBA team is?

No, I don't have the Clips winning the Championship. I do think they will go deeper then the lakers though. My team is the Mavs BTW.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4406717 said:
Unless Dwight agrees to sign an extension with the Lakers then they'll just let him walk.
Lakers need a pg way more than Dwight anyway.

juck

Reaction score
Lakers dont need Dwight. They need a bench and a PG.

Reaction score
juck;4407369 said:
Lakers dont need Dwight. They need a bench and a PG.

We don't need a bench either. Our bench sucked in both our championship years. We can get by with a bad bench, but I don't think we can get by with Fisher as our starting PG.