Nets to make offer for Dwight Howard

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Man, the rich get richer. And after all this lockout talk being about preventing super teams.

Deron Williams, Jordan farmar
Anthony morrow, marshon Brooks
Tayshaun prince, hedu
Tyson Chandler
Dwight Howard

drawnstripes

Benched
Reaction score
I think the Mavs an Cuban should take some of Millions an get Howard

then I become a fan again

Reaction score
That's a pretty weak offer. Lopez is ok, but certaintly not worth giving Howard up.

The Lakers will probably offer Bynum, Odom, and a couple of first rounders. That's much better than the Nets offer.

Also if your Dwight would you rather play with one all star in Deron Williams in New Jersey or two all stars in Kobe and Gasol in Los Angeles? Of course L.A. Plus it's a huge market which obviously Dwight wants.

Dwight will be a Laker. Write it down, quote me on it whatever it's gonna happen. The Lakers always do this. They always go after big name free agents and find a way to make them Lakers. Wilt was traded to L.A. in the 60's, Kareem in the 70's, Shaq signed here in 1996, three and a half years ago the Lakers traded for Pau Gasol, Dwight is next.

kev8822

Reaction score
I still think he stays in Olrando. If not I bet he ends up on the Lakers.

It's where he belongs. Miken/Chamberlain/Kareem/Shaq/Dwight.

Temo

Reaction score
How are we getting Tayshaun and Chandler after absorbing Hedu and Dwight?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4278292 said:
Man, the rich get richer. And after all this lockout talk being about preventing super teams.

Tayshaun prince, hedu
Tyson Chandler
Dwight Howard

That doesn't sound like a super team to me, just a good one.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Temo;4278395 said:

You aren't, if you take on Turkoglu.

PS - this is the same guy that guaranteed LeBron was going to the Nets.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Temo;4278395 said:

They'll be under the cap. They can absorb salary. The trade rule is now 150%

Deron - 17
nene or chandler - 8
Dwight - 17
Hedo - 10
filler

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4278307 said:
That's a pretty weak offer. Lopez is ok, but certaintly not worth giving Howard up.

The Lakers will probably offer Bynum, Odom, and a couple of first rounders. That's much better than the Nets offer.

Also if your Dwight would you rather play with one all star in Deron Williams in New Jersey or two all stars in Kobe and Gasol in Los Angeles? Of course L.A. Plus it's a huge market which obviously Dwight wants.

Dwight will be a Laker. Write it down, quote me on it whatever it's gonna happen. The Lakers always do this. They always go after big name free agents and find a way to make them Lakers. Wilt was traded to L.A. in the 60's, Kareem in the 70's, Shaq signed here in 1996, three and a half years ago the Lakers traded for Pau Gasol, Dwight is next.

Lopez Is better than Bynum and has never missed a game. Bynum has old man knees.

Dwight has mentioned deron Williams, and Anthony morrow as people he wants to play with

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
TheCount;4278468 said:
That doesn't sound like a super team to me, just a good one.

That team is the favorite to win it all. That'd be an epic defense.

Manwiththeplan;4278649 said:
In a totally unrelated story

Source: Celtics couldn't sign Chris Paul

Appearently Chris Paul won't sign an extension if traded to Boston. Wonder which team he has his sights on?

Funny that Boston is scrambling to dump Rondo before he does something to destroy his value. No ones biting, he's not a top 7 PG.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
First of all, there is no chance that the Nets can can afford Chandler, Howard, Prince and Turkeyglue. Second, the Nets offer is very weak compared to what the Lakers will offer.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4278292 said:

Tayshaun prince, hedu
Tyson Chandler
Dwight Howard

Assuming this were financially feasible (it isnt) there is nothing super about this team. There is one player here who can consistently create his own shot (though Morrow has his moments). Chandler's effectiveness goes way down when he plays with score-first point guards who won't throw him five aley-oops a game. Turkeyglue will turn 33 this season and is on the decline. Tayshaun Prince is just a more athletic version of Shane Battier. Farmar's biggest claim to fame are his ears.

They would win a lot of low scoring games but don't have the scoring to compete for a title. This team would have been a contender in the late-80s when rules didnt favor high scoring games.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4278687 said:
First of all, there is no chance that the Nets can can afford Chandler, Howard, Prince and Turkeyglue. Second, the Nets offer is very weak compared to what the Lakers will offer.

Prince's salary is not a factor. He's looking for a ring at this stage. If not him than Battier, Caron butler, or Jamal Crawford.

What will the Lakers offer? Bynum is way overpaid, has an injury history, and is a major headcase. The lakers don't have multiple Picks.

The30YardSlant;4278693 said:
Assuming this were financially feasible (it isnt) there is nothing super about this team. There is one player here who can consistently create his own shot (though Morrow has his moments). Chandler's effectiveness goes way down when he plays with score-first point guards who won't throw him five aley-oops a game. Turkeyglue will turn 33 this season and is on the decline. Tayshaun Prince is just a more athletic version of Shane Battier. Farmar's biggest claim to fame are his ears.

They would win a lot of low scoring games but don't have the scoring to compete for a title. This team would have been a contender in the late-80s when rules didnt favor high scoring games.

Dwight only took a team with far worse talent to the finals. The only 1-2 combo I can think of better than Deron/Dwight is Rose/Blake . And that's based on potential.

No way the Heat could deal with Dwight, Deron, and Nene/Tyson. It's just too well rounded of a group.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
If someone tried to trade me to the Nets, I would retire. :laugh2:

TOYSTER17

Pimpstocious and Pimpalicious
Reaction score
There is no way Dwight goes to the Nets. Chandler and Dwight together? I don't see that working out. Dwight will be a Laker, Bynum+player+draft pick is enough to get him to the Lakers.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm not so sure the Lakers are going after Dwight. Lakers are moving away from the Triangle. That means that they will need a more traditional PG to run the show. I think the Lakers will be in the market for Paul or Williams.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4278723 said:
Prince's salary is not a factor. He's looking for a ring at this stage. If not him than Battier, Caron butler, or Jamal Crawford.

This isnt a videogame, dude.

What will the Lakers offer? Bynum is way overpaid, has an injury history, and is a major headcase. The lakers don't have multiple Picks.

Odom, Bynum, cash to help bail out Orlando's finacial issues and their first rounder in 2013. When Bynum is healthy, he's a much better player than Lopez.

Dwight only took a team with far worse talent to the finals. The only 1-2 combo I can think of better than Deron/Dwight is Rose/Blake . And that's based on potential.

No way the Heat could deal with Dwight, Deron, and Nene/Tyson. It's just too well rounded of a group.

Deron Williams is not the Derrick Rose level player you seem to think he is.