Never like the nickname America's Team

csirl

Reaction score
More to the logistics than just saying no we won't. Like player contracts and injuries. I am sure they have legit leagues, but no one ever hears about them. We do not hear about, say, the Japanese World Football Champs. But they sure heard about the NFL.

USA does enter the National Team competitions. No reason why the best club teams couldnt play a mini tournament. Germany and Japan tried to get one going a few years ago with games between the champions of both leagues.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
maxresdefault.jpg

Well done. Close thread. :D

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Americas Team... Never liked it. Yes or No

The star on the helmet is why the name was given. Words are meaningless without content. I believe in what the star stands for. Never liking that is a reflection of one's ideology.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never really bothered me and I was a nut for NFL Films back then and knew how that originated so it never meant anything to me but what team interested American fans the most and that still applies today.

They never thought to call the Yankees, Celtics or Packers that and they had quite a few more crowns than the Cowboys when that title came up.

The true America's Team will be competing in Tokyo this summer.

aria

Reaction score
Outdated name that was once applicable and relevant but, like the Cowboys, it is now irrelevant thus making it dumb and nonsensical.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Americas Team... Never liked it. Yes or No

I remember when it began and never liked it, even though I was a kid at the time. No idea why some fans seem to take pride in it.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
They'd love to. Its the NFL who wont do it.

Reminds me of the time when England wouldnt enter World Cups in soccer because they believed everyone else was beneath them as they invented soccer. Things can change rapidly over the course of a couple of decades.

C'mon, you're comparing apples to armadillos

Hardline

Reaction score
All that nickname did was paint a target on the Cowboys backs and give opponents extra motivation to beat them.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I don't give to hoots in hell either way about it except I know it bugs the hell outta Philthy phans, GiAint fans, and if there's any *** fans then them too. I like it being a burr under their saddle.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I remember when it began and never liked it, even though I was a kid at the time. No idea why some fans seem to take pride in it.

I have pride for what the star stands for. As I said, it's an ideology you just believe in or don't.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
All that nickname did was paint a target on the Cowboys backs and give opponents extra motivation to beat them.
Or the extra motivation to defend it. It was a gift. :banghead: Dangit Jerry ....why is marketing so important that you let this storied franchise flounder? You don't need anymore money sir. You cant spend what you have now. Give us our Cowboys back!

aria

Reaction score
That’s because they are the worlds team...
That would be Man U if you’re going strictly off popularity or value.

Man U is unanimous. Cowboys usually fall between 2-4, along with the Yankees and Lakers.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I have pride for what the star stands for. As I said, it's an ideology you just believe in or don't.

This "ideology" exists only in your mind. You've created your own definition of America's Team, which is fine as long you understand you simply imagined it.

There's nothing for anyone else to "believe in" or not.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This "ideology" exists only in your mind. You've created your own definition of America's Team, which is fine as long you understand you simply imagined it.

There's nothing for anyone else to "believe in" or not.
Hater! You aren't aware that rookies don't get to wear the star on their helmet in practice until they have earned it by making the team. That's because despite you thinking the star meaning nothing, the star does mean something. Pride in wearing the star is real. If someone wants to connect that to being American's Team, who are you to say otherwise. You're nobody and have no standing to counter someone else's belief that the star means something, especially when it the official policy of the Cowboys that it does mean something. That ideology isn't just in some forum poster's head. They aren't the ones that created the idea of "America's Team". Just because you don't recognize it or respect it doesn't mean anything to how it means to anyone else. The idea that it means nothing is just in your hater's head.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Other countries - over 100 of them worldwide -DO have football leagues. A small number are even professional. Whats more, there is an official World Championship, which isnt the Superbowl.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFAF_World_Championship

Being realistic other countries football programs could not beat a college team here in the US. So yes NFL SB winner can be called world champ.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There was a time, long ago, when "America's Team" rang true. Now that the Dallas Cowboys aren't a team that is dedicated to exemplifying the standards that this country stands for, that title has lost its meaning. Back in those long-lost days of routinely winning championships, it actually seemed to fit.

Last edited: