New Ad for Johnnie Walker Blue Label Whiskey

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What do you think about Pappy Van Winkle?

Great bourbon. From Buffalo Trace I believe.The 23 Year is a Monster, but they are all good.
If memory recalls- the Van Winkle's are made in small batches so it's a little difficult to find and pricey, but well worth it.
I remember it always being a bit rough on the tail end, but those oak casks they use are outstanding for depth and flavor.
My bourbon of choice at the moment is Maker's Mark, but I alternate so I don't get burned out on any one in particular.

I just bought of The Balvenie Doublewood yesterday and it has been love at first sip. I honestly recommend it.

I had a good friend that would go all over the country searching for the Experimentals.
He collected them. I don't think he ever opened them- which to me is a crying shame.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Great bourbon. From Buffalo Trace I believe.The 23 Year is a Monster, but they are all good.
If memory recalls- the Van Winkle's are made in small batches so it's a little difficult to find and pricey, but well worth it.
I remember it always being a bit rough on the tail end, but those oak casks they use are outstanding for depth and flavor.
My bourbon of choice at the moment is Maker's Mark, but I alternate so I don't get burned out on any one in particular.

I just bought of The Balvenie Doublewood yesterday and it has been love at first sip. I honestly recommend it.

I had a good friend that would go all over the country searching for the Experimentals.
He collected them. I don't think he ever opened them- which to me is a crying shame.

thx for the detailed reply, I'm not a big drinker but I tried to buy a bottle of 20 year as a present and was shocked at how difficult it was to find, I had to get on a waiting list and still didn't get a bottle because I waited too long to go buy it. I got to thinking some of these whiskeys might be a decent investment if I could find a way to stock up on several bottles per year.

Are you big on the type of ice you use? Do you use those round ice ball makers?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
thx for the detailed reply, I'm not a big drinker but I tried to buy a bottle of 20 year as a present and was shocked at how difficult it was to find, I had to get on a waiting list and still didn't get a bottle because I waited too long to go buy it. I got to thinking some of these whiskeys might be a decent investment if I could find a way to stock up on several bottles per year.

Are you big on the type of ice you use? Do you use those round ice ball makers?

I have a water filter/alkalizer/mineralizer hooked up to my kitchen sink so I have wonderful tasting water that makes great ice for say... a good Scotch on the rocks.

That makes a huge difference to me as the city water here is contemptible. Otherwise I don't care about the shape. I know a few fellows that use cold stones, but when I drink a good Bourbon, or especially a good Scotch (like that Balvenie) I want a little ice melting as it truly brings out the bouquet and flavor of the liquor.

There are quite a few people that collect fine bottles of Liquor and especially Wines and make a good living off it.
Now that there's Amazon, Ebay, Craigslist and more with the internet- doing that kind of thing became much easier and there are more than a few discerning buyers hunting for their hard-to-find preferences.