New Debate! Druggies vs. Squares

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Jeez...the Q apologists are even defending his weed use. Come on, fellas. There's a time to throw in the towel...lol.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Tass said:
Jeez...the Q apologists are even defending his weed use. Come on, fellas. There's a time to throw in the towel...lol.

or bong. :D

BlueStar22

Reaction score
No one is defending weed use. I'm only defending the principle of letting God be the judge, not us mere mortals. Apologist? Nah, I liked Quincy, but I love the Boys more. He had to go.

Eddie

Reaction score
Tass said:

Oh man, this is bad. You hate QC so much, that you feel the need to bash him even AFTER he's no longer with the team.

Give the guy some peace. Let's not be too judgmental of people.

Who was the one who said, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone."???

Tass, you're willing to bash QC for smoking pot, yet use Kurt Cobaine as your avatar ... someone who was proliferate with hardcore and illegal drug abuse. Why the double standard???

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Tass said:

I wouldn't defend Quincy on anything. NOW Weed, that's another story! :D

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Tass, you're willing to bash QC for smoking pot, yet use Kurt Cobaine as your avatar ... someone who was proliferate with hardcore and illegal drug abuse. Why the double standard???
Not to mention committing the ultimate act of selfishess by taking his own life. :eek:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
No one is defending weed use. I'm only defending the principle of letting God be the judge, not us mere mortals. Apologist? Nah, I liked Quincy, but I love the Boys more. He had to go.

I have not seen anyone claim QC is going to hell, but he made a choice between getting high or playing football. He is too blame no one else unless of course someone held him down and forced him to smoke it. LOL

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Eddie said:
Oh man, this is bad. You hate QC so much, that you feel the need to bash him even AFTER he's no longer with the team.

Give the guy some peace. Let's not be too judgmental of people.

Who was the one who said, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone."???

I'm not bashing Q...I'm bashing YOU for excusing his weed use. The NFL and SubPop records have different standards, my friend. Quincy and Cobain had different jobs hence different standards. Do I like the fact that Cobain did dope? No. If he hadn't he might still be making music.

Eddie

Reaction score
Tass said:
I'm not bashing Q...I'm bashing YOU for excusing his weed use. The NFL and SubPop records have different standards, my friend. Quincy and Cobain had different jobs hence different standards. Do I like the fact that Cobain did dope? No. If he hadn't he might still be making music.

Holy moly batman, am I going crazy here?

Page 1: QC is a druggie for smoking pot. He deserves to be insulted and debased.

Page 2: Kurt Kobain can smoke pot, do crack, heroine, and cocaine because it's a different culture. Let me put his image on my avatar and worship him.

As for my personal feelings about QC and pot use ... I DO NOT advocate it. BUT, I also DO NOT condemn him and drag his name through the mud ... nor was I the one who called him out as a "DRUGGIE".

I am not defending QC the player, I am defending QC the person. You have no right to dismiss or make judgments about his character.

He failed as a player. So what? Thousands of players fail in the NFL. Do you feel the need to continue to insult and drag his name in the dirt ... meanwhile, simultaneously worshiping a drug addicted pop musician???

Sorry ... hate QC the player, but you have NO right to make accusations about QC the person.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Tass said:
And you set a whole new level of hypocrisy, featuring in your avatar someone who did more to make heroin "chic" than anyone else, a truly terrible role model for young people, who was indirectly responsible for much misery.

Different standards or not, it's still illegal drug use. Whether it's the President of the USA, a student, a musician or a football player. That is the "standard" that applies to all, and it isn't a double one. Carter is paying a price for his illegal drug use. I should think those who toke up but have been lucky enough to have never paid for it, would be thanking heaven, instead of casting stones. But then, it's often the self-hating "druggies" themselves who see themselves in another's addiction.

Starting this thread serves no purpose but to do exactly what you said you set out to do, "bash apologists". Keeping the issue alive by reflaming the divisions.

Most of us would like to move on.