New England, a game for the coaches

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
games are won with the players :).

Not all the time, brother. I keep reading on here that Mike and Fassell are idiots when it comes to decisions like the fake punts and FGs last year, this year when they called an all out effort on blocking a punt which lead to a penalty and a first down. Same thing I heard about Garrett with the icing of his own kicker, bad clock management against the Packers in the playoffs, stupid play calling, etc. Coaches have a lot to do with many of there wins and losses. Key words here "Not all the time" and "a lot." I'm trying to say this is the case 100 percent of the time because we can think of many times where players blew the game too, like Crayton's drop or DeMarco's fumble in the playoff games.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
games are won with the players :)

we are better team and should win just playing our game minus mistakes.. you start how we started against the giants and we may lose this game..just come in dictate the plays with our players just being better,,

want proof hows BillB dog without Gronk and Tb12 and others?

hes struggling it more about eh right payers first then coaching comes into play..

BB will have hard time beating any team who has clearly better talent..he will make it ugly, slow and close but he doesnt have the players right now..
the games are 4 quarters. each quarter counts the same. its how you finish that is more important than how you start.....I rather finish strong, than start strong and finish slow.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think it’s more of what New England will try to do. Then try to stop. I think they’re going to pound the ball. And keep running. The only issue is they like to put the ball on the ground
they probably will try. Bill's goal will be to shorten the game as much as possible. win TOP and force cowboys to dink and dunk....and given he is very good defensive mind coach inside the redzone, force cowboys to kick a few field goals to keep the game close and perhaps make it our kicker vs. his kicker....

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
they probably will try. Bill's goal will be to shorten the game as much as possible. win TOP and force cowboys to dink and dunk....and given he is very good defensive mind coach inside the redzone, force cowboys to kick a few field goals to keep the game close and perhaps make it our kicker vs. his kicker....
That’s what I’m expecting

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Belichick is widely recognized as the GOAT by most everyone.

Only Cowboys homers would say Tom Landry is better.
fans' top 5 best coaches of all time
  1. John Wooden.
  2. Phil Jackson. ...
  3. Vince Lombardi. ...
  4. Pat Summitt. ...
  5. Casey Stengel. Bill doesn’t even make the top 10

blueblood70

Reaction score
the games are 4 quarters. each quarter counts the same. its how you finish that is more important than how you start.....I rather finish strong, than start strong and finish slow.
or start fast and finish strong.. hmm you cant allow average to bad teams to have hope and stay around those are the type of games you can lose..its why the are called UPSETS

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
fans' top 5 best coaches of all time
  1. John Wooden. The Wizard of Westwood was the first player to ever be enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame as both a player and a coach. ...
  2. Phil Jackson. ...
  3. Vince Lombardi. ...
  4. Pat Summitt. ...
  5. Casey Stengel. Bill doesn’t even make the top 10
What is this??? hahaha

Get outta here with this junk. This is fan voted BS. That means someone like you and a bunch of your buddies could go on there and vote Dave Campo as the GOAT if ya wanted too.

You need more reliable sources.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What is this??? hahaha

Get outta here with this junk. This is fan voted BS. That means someone like you and a bunch of your buddies could go on there and vote Dave Campo as the GOAT if ya wanted too.

Lumbardy, and it’s not even close.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There is literally nobody saying Landry or Lombardi is a better coach than Belichick lol
I tend to agree with him. its not clear cut that bilicheck is better. there is debates to be had.....Landry similar to bill had 18 straight winning seasons, multiple superbowl wins and multiple superbowl appearances. he had success with multiple QBs as Bilicheck only with Brady who won a superbowl without Bill....Landry added a lot to the game with few schemes of his own. and he was a great leader. Lombardi was also a very great leader, good coach and added a lot to the modern game of football.

the challenge is its different eras so sometimes hard to judge. and both landry and lombardi had much higher integrity than bill. they were never even mentioned with the word cheating, where bill has several asteriks.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What is this??? hahaha

Lol. Again no one was ever better than Vince Lombardi. Guess who’s holding up his trophy. Everybody lol