New England, a game for the coaches

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I tried more than once. To just get along. It’s more about being right then enjoying the game. I don’t get it
exactly....he percieves admit to be wrong as being weak....it takes a lot for him to do that......which fundamentally is wrong mentality anyway, but that's another argument LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score
I remember Bill Belichick against Pittsburgh. Three times he had a chance to kick field goals. Chose not to do it and lost. I still wonder why. They’re bigger than the game sometimes . I’ve seen many great coaches lose games because of pride wrong decisions
this year?

i know this that one game in a torrential downpour with wind and nick was injured He chose to kick a GW 56 yarder instead of go for it on 4th and 3 Nick missed they lost..bad call IMO

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Belichick is widely recognized as the GOAT by most everyone.

Only Cowboys homers would say Tom Landry is better.

I think Lombardi, Landry and Walsh were all better innovators, but no doubt, IMO that Belichick is the GOAT. So I agree with you. Even the great Jimmy Johnson said so and he's highly regarded around here, and rightfully so. All the great players Bill coached are retired or playing elsewhere. Tom lucked out in landing on a stacked team that was already a playoff caliber team. Bill has to build another team, Tom doesn't. Not trying to take anything away from Tom because he's the GOAT too, IMO.

Did Phil Jackson get all those rings riding Jordan/Pippen/Shaq/Kobe's coattails, or was Tim Duncan/Parker/Manu the reason for the Spurs success and not Pop? Did Montana and Rice make Walsh the genius that people say he is? It's an argument that will never be settled.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
i used neither word in that statement keep in your lane..

LMAO!!!! You said "games are won with the players." And I made a friendly reply to you saying that's not always the case. Since you can't take a friendly little debate I WILL keep in my lane with you. :facepalm:

Zman5

Reaction score
Dallas has been a second half team. We have been close in score or trailing in the games going into half time— but we have come out scorching hot in the 3rd quarter with quality adjustments being made.

I see a close first half again with Dallas wearing NE down in the second half. I see us winning by 10+ and BB singing the praises of our offense in his post game presser

I agree except the part about BB's post game presser. I think BB's answer to all the questions will be "We are on to New York"

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think Lombardi, Landry and Walsh were all better innovators, but no doubt, IMO that Belichick is the GOAT. So I agree with you. Even the great Jimmy Johnson said so and he's highly regarded around here, and rightfully so. All the great players Bill coached are retired or playing elsewhere. Tom lucked out in landing on a stacked team that was already a playoff caliber team. Bill has to build another team, Tom doesn't. Not trying to take anything away from Tom because he's the GOAT too, IMO.

Did Phil Jackson get all those rings riding Jordan/Pippen/Shaq/Kobe's coattails, or was Tim Duncan/Parker/Manu the reason for the Spurs success and not Pop? Did Montana and Rice make Walsh the genius that people say he is? It's an argument that will never be settled.

Sorry to correct you but Tom Landry absolutely did NOT land on a stacked team when he was hired as the Cowboys first HC. In fact, it was just the opposite. He had to start with a bunch of jags that were assembled from former teams. He was hired as a former Giants player who had to start from scratch and build a winner from a bunch of ragtag castoffs. The Cowboys facilities back then were a joke. In no way did he have it easy back in 1960. It wasn't until 1965 that he ended up with a team that gained real respect and acclaim.

Last edited:

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Sorry to correct you but Tom Landry absolutely did NOT land on a stacked team when he was hired as the Cowboys first HC. In fact, it was just the opposite. He had to start with a bunch of jags that were assembled from former teams. He was hired as a former Giants player who had to start from scratch and build a winner from a bunch of ragtag castoffs. The Cowboys facilities back then were a joke. In no way did he have it easy back in 1960.

When I said "Tom" we was talking about Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. I only put first names like Bill and Tom because I assumed everyone would know which Bill and Tom I was talking about. I can't go back and edit my post because it's already too late.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
When I said "Tom" we was talking about Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. I only put first names like Bill and Tom because I assumed everyone would know which Bill and Tom I was talking about. I can't go back and edit my post because it's already too late.

Since Tom Landry was included in the former coaches you mentioned, I assumed you were referring to him. Tom is a quite common name that can be ascribed to so many. In fact, that's my first name. Anyway, sorry for the confusion. Tom Landry was practically a God back then, so I'm sure it was understandable that Jerry wasn't exactly popular when he fired him. Crazy times back then. ;) Anyway, I just read your post that I responded to and nothing in advance of it. Oh, well . . . my bad.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Since Tom Landry was included in the former coaches you mentioned, I assumed you were referring to him. Tom is a quite common name that can be ascribed to so many. In fact, that's my first name. Anyway, sorry for the confusion. Tom Landry was practically a God back then, so I'm sure it was understandable that Jerry wasn't exactly popular when he fired him. Crazy times back then. ;) Anyway, I just read your post and nothing in advance of it.

After I reread my post after your comment about it, I can see why you, or anyone, would get confused. I should've separated it. I started paying attention in 1976 when my dad broke my little rocking chair when Staubach threw his 3rd INT on the final play of the game in Super Bowl X. So I'm not old enough to have been around the creation of that great era, but I do know about it because of my dad and the internet. So yes, I know full well the pedestal that Landry is on, and rightfully so too. He is one of the innovators and one of the all time greats, no doubt.

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
A 2. I tell everyone who brags about mike over Garrett it’s like dating a girl and going from a 2 to a 3
If Mike wins the Super Bowl this year, he will have as many as Landry, Jimmy Johnson, and Bill Parcells.

rambo2

Reaction score
It looks like New England is on the verge of having losing seasons for at least the next several years.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sorry to correct you but Tom Landry absolutely did NOT land on a stacked team when he was hired as the Cowboys first HC. In fact, it was just the opposite. He had to start with a bunch of jags that were assembled from former teams. He was hired as a former Giants player who had to start from scratch and build a winner from a bunch of ragtag castoffs. The Cowboys facilities back then were a joke. In no way did he have it easy back in 1960. It wasn't until 1965 that he ended up with a team that gained real respect and acclaim.

...Just the truth, Mam, and nothing but the truth!

Creeper

Reaction score
This is going to be interesting. I don’t think it’s will they stop the run or the pass. I think it’s going to come down to who makes the right or wrong decision. Go big Mike . We have too much talent Cowboys by 10

All I hear or read about is what will Bill Belichick do. What he has done is get in everyone's heads. The Cowboys just need to play their game. Spread the ball around and make the Patriots guess where it is going.