New Falcons uniforms

Skybox22

Reaction score
I generally don’t like new uniforms because they’re usually designed to appeal to a younger crowd and will usually be dated in a few short years.

These are no exception, but I think they were at least executed well
It'll be interesting with Rams. Opening a new stadium and want to make a splash. I like their one color scheme (yellow and blue, not the GOLD and blue. OK on the blue and white).
I wonder if the bolts are considering a change (powder blues are hard to beat). Not particularly fond of the blue helmet and shirts ala what they wear now and against SF in the Super Bowl.

Flamma

Reaction score
Sorry, slow day. I'm kinda meh on them. They're OK. Be interesting to see the new Ram's uni's. Tampa is just going back to their SB era uni's but keeping the new helmet I think. I kind of wish Dallas would tweak their uniforms without touching the helmet of course.
The green pants naturally, but what else? Have a great and safe day.

I heard that those pants were originally for the TV audience. Years ago they would show up as a shiny silver on older televisions. But now with HD they just show up greenish. And have been for quite some time.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Buccs screwed up by getting rid of the creamsicle jerseys and color scheme when they built Raymond James. Now it’s too much of a hassle to revert back

Didn't TB just reveal a new logo or some type of uniform change also?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard that those pants were originally for the TV audience. Years ago they would show up as a shiny silver on older televisions. But now with HD they just show up greenish. And have been for quite some time.

Yes it was for old TV style from the 70's.
Jerry too busy with artwork for the stadium to do things to fix this.

Darkhound

Reaction score
both are horrible... and i am happy that our TEAM has hasd awesome uniforms that we dont ever need to change them

Skybox22

Reaction score
Yeah, that was a Tex Schramm idea back in the day and it had to do with TV. That uniform is great (from the waist up). They should just do something about that. Honestly surprised Jerry hasn't come up with some marketing scheme. Dark gray pants or the Staubach ones. I don't know, just not them.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Buccs screwed up by getting rid of the creamsicle jerseys and color scheme when they built Raymond James. Now it’s too much of a hassle to revert back

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29007078/buccaneers-new-uniforms-pay-homage-glory-years

Just changed back to the SB year winning style. Also in this article, it says there is an NFL mandate that a team must wait 5 year in between uniform / logo changes.
TB did not like the new look, but had to wait this 5 year for them to go back to it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, that was a Tex Schramm idea back in the day and it had to do with TV. That uniform is great (from the waist up). They should just do something about that. Honestly surprised Jerry hasn't come up with some marketing scheme. Dark gray pants or the Staubach ones. I don't know, just not them.

Maybe Jerry is JWB color blind. :laugh:

Flamma

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure they haven't changed much, television has. If you go back and look at older games there are quite a few where they do look silver. They could actually do that now. But instead it looks like they made the green even brighter.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Sorry, slow day. I'm kinda meh on them. They're OK. Be interesting to see the new Ram's uni's. Tampa is just going back to their SB era uni's but keeping the new helmet I think. I kind of wish Dallas would tweak their uniforms without touching the helmet of course.
The green pants naturally, but what else? Have a great and safe day.

I give them a "meh minus". The all black version is ok. The black top / white bottom looks like the Bears. The red top and the red bottom are awful in any combination.

Big_D

Reaction score
Don’t like the bulky numbers or that big ATL on the front of the jersey. What did the bucs do differently? They look exactly the same!

GMO415

Reaction score
Its the Falcons...the same arse-clowns who blew a 25 point lead in the SB. They sux regardless of their uniforms.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The ATL thing is awful. And gee, ya think the numbers are big enough?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Falcons:

tenor.gif

Bucs:

vyvHAj0.gif

I dig them. Not super ‘hip graphics’ that’ll look outdated in 3 years, they went classic with the numbers and number emboldening. Plus I hate black on black uniform combos, but the all pewter isn’t bad

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
It'll be interesting with Rams. Opening a new stadium and want to make a splash. I like their one color scheme (yellow and blue, not the GOLD and blue. OK on the blue and white).
I wonder if the bolts are considering a change (powder blues are hard to beat). Not particularly fond of the blue helmet and shirts ala what they wear now and against SF in the Super Bowl.

the Rams should just go back to the blue and yellow.

the chargers should make the powder blues the default to distinguish themselves from the Rams.