New Jersey boy not allowed back to school without flu shot

JBond

Reaction score
I have mixed feeling about schools mandating what our kids get shot up with. From my understanding the magical flu vaccine is not even effective against the current outbreak. I believe many of these "vaccines" are nothing more than money makers for companies.

I understand polio and TB and similar things, but to force a child out of school because his parents do not want him to have a ineffective shot against a cold is just stupid, especially when the child is allergic to ingredients in the shot.

I have not had a flu shot in 25 years and have not had the flu in 25 years.

A 4-year-old boy from New Jersey was asked not to return to his school without a flu shot. But his parents say the child is allergic to the raw egg in the vaccine.

Jeremy Pereira was home playing on an iPad instead of attending school on Monday. Jeremy is allergic to egg, which is present in the flu vaccine. His parents won't expose him but without the shot his school won't let him back until April.

The Pereiras say they had a letter from Jeremy's pediatrician explains his egg allergy.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/...thout-flu-shot/?test=latestnews#ixzz2HOYAyHVG

CashMan

Reaction score
JBond;4950449 said:
I have not had a flue shot in 25 years and have not had the flue in 25 years.

You are also not 4yrs old, and have an immune system that has been exposed to things.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I laugh a little when I see stories like this and what the public schools take on as their perceived responsibility.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
JBond;4950449 said:
I have mixed feeling about schools mandating what our kids get shot up with.

I don't. There's absolutely no reason to force people to do this sort of crap.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
vta;4950569 said:
I don't. There's absolutely no reason to force people to do this sort of crap.

Agreed.

This has nothing to do with children's health or education.

They do not want kids getting sick because the school budget is decided by attendance.

This is why my kids only go to private school now.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Kids his age should be vaccinated and are classified as "high risk" for developing potential flu-related complications.

Managing an allergic reaction is far easier than managing the potential severe consequences that could arise with the flu. The risk for allergic reaction is small because the amount of egg protein is incredibly small.

The benefits of the flu shot far outweigh the risks even in patients with egg allergy. It was in the news not too long ago where some research came out about the flu shot likely being safe for egg allergic populations. The study followed a bunch of people with previous severe allergic reactions to consuming eggs and the rate of reaction was so small it was pretty shocking. Also, none of the reaction from the shot were severe and were basically only hives and such.

Hospitals require employees to be vaccinated and undergo annual TB skin testing. They do it because hospital patients often times have compromised immune systems and the flu can flat out kill them.

Kids of this age are at a high risk and the risk increases the younger you get. If this kid has contact with infants or other children under the age of two through an after school program he should be vaccinated. Even if they share classrooms and he doesn't contact these children directly, if he were to get the flu he's going to be spreading it all throughout the common area.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4950731 said:
Kids his age should be vaccinated and are classified as "high risk" for developing potential flu-related complications.

Managing an allergic reaction is far easier than managing the potential severe consequences that could arise with the flu. The risk for allergic reaction is small because the amount of egg protein is incredibly small.

The benefits of the flu shot far outweigh the risks even in patients with egg allergy. It was in the news not too long ago where some research came out about the flu shot likely being safe for egg allergic populations. The study followed a bunch of people with previous severe allergic reactions to consuming eggs and the rate of reaction was so small it was pretty shocking. Also, none of the reaction from the shot were severe and were basically only hives and such.

Hospitals require employees to be vaccinated and undergo annual TB skin testing. They do it because hospital patients often times have compromised immune systems and the flu can flat out kill them.

Kids of this age are at a high risk and the risk increases the younger you get. If this kid has contact with infants or other children under the age of two through an after school program he should be vaccinated. Even if they share classrooms and he doesn't contact these children directly, if he were to get the flu he's going to be spreading it all throughout the common area.

Its offensive as a parent seeing someone w/o children try and relate for a second on this topic.

Hoof, nothing personal, but you have NO IDEA what you are talking about. You have no children nor bond to even try to understand where a parent is coming from when they say you will not vaccinate my child. You will not stick my child w/ things I do not support.

My son has never had a flu shot in his life, nor I. We are never sick nor never get sick. We might get a cold, but probably far less than most.

So please, don't sit here and tell us how the flu shot is some savior, when it has never been proven, but has been proven to have complications.

Thanks

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
zrinkill;4950717 said:
Agreed.

This has nothing to do with children's health or education.

They do not want kids getting sick because the school budget is decided by attendance.

This is why my kids only go to private school now.

What if you learned that this was a private school? Or wasn't truly a school but a pre-school/daycare center seeing as the child in the article was four?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;4950779 said:
What if you learned that this was a private school? Or wasn't truly a school but a pre-school/daycare center seeing as the child in the article was four?

Zrin is arguing the bigger picture, not just this one situation. Schools and families have been fighting these so called "required shots" for immunizaiton for some time now. This is not a new thing by any means.

CashMan

Reaction score
Dallas;4950769 said:
Its offensive as a parent seeing someone w/o children try and relate for a second on this topic.

Hoof, nothing personal, but you have NO IDEA what you are talking about. You have no children nor bond to even try to understand where a parent is coming from when they say you will not vaccinate my child. You will not stick my child w/ things I do not support.

My son has never had a flu shot in his life, nor I. We are never sick nor never get sick. We might get a cold, but probably far less than most.

So please, don't sit here and tell us how the flu shot is some savior, when it has never been proven, but has been proven to have complications.

Thanks

The shot is suppose to help your immune system, not block the virus from entering your body.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
(NaturalNews) If you have children, you are more than likely already aware of the official U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) "Immunization Schedules," which today recommend an astounding 29 vaccines be given between birth and six years of age, including yearly flu shots, as well as another five to 16 vaccines between ages seven and 18

(http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/). But a recent investigative report compiled by Dr. Lucija Tomljenovic, Ph.D., uncovers more than 30 years of hidden government documents exposing these vaccine schedules as a complete hoax, not to mention the fraud of the vaccines themselves to provide any real protection against disease.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/038598_vaccines_medical_hoax_government_documents.html#ixzz2HPQvkZn4

CashMan

Reaction score
iceberg;4950828 said:
(NaturalNews) If you have children, you are more than likely already aware of the official U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) "Immunization Schedules," which today recommend an astounding 29 vaccines be given between birth and six years of age, including yearly flu shots, as well as another five to 16 vaccines between ages seven and 18

(http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/). But a recent investigative report compiled by Dr. Lucija Tomljenovic, Ph.D., uncovers more than 30 years of hidden government documents exposing these vaccine schedules as a complete hoax, not to mention the fraud of the vaccines themselves to provide any real protection against disease.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/038598_vaccines_medical_hoax_government_documents.html#ixzz2HPQvkZn4

Don't forget about them hiding aliens at Area 51 too.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
The thing the government and their minions have to get through their thick heads is they aren't the parents of the children. They can all go pound sand.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
CashMan;4950453 said:
You are also not 4yrs old, and have an immune system that has been exposed to things.

Perhaps, but there is no reason to force this child to get a flue shot, especially under the circumstances. Not saying that this is what you are advocating but I am making it clear that the point JB is making is not, IMO, wrong.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
CashMan;4950838 said:

Also don't forget that our own government has used our own people as test beds for all kinds of unethical and illegal testing. While your throwing out barbs, lets don't forget that there is justifiable reasons why people fear the Government or Local Governments forcing you to do anything.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
If you found out what they put in some of these flu shots you'd be slightly hesitant and have some questions. We've been getting the flu for a very long time and we're okay. Let's cure cancer and the things with a high mortality rate. Then worry about the flu.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CashMan;4950838 said:

dude, i'm just posting some i saw today that was relevant to this conversation. you wanna "get cute" holler.

i promise i can handle that well.

CashMan

Reaction score
iceberg;4950882 said:
dude, i'm just posting some i saw today that was relevant to this conversation. you wanna "get cute" holler.

i promise i can handle that well.

Well dude, you seem to post a lot of anti-government things in the off topic forum, and it gets annoying.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CashMan;4950891 said:
Well dude, you seem to post a lot of anti-government things in the off topic forum, and it gets annoying.

Bull.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CashMan;4950891 said:

no one posts any government / political stuff in here in a long long time.

got a new ID, do ya?

if the mods feel my post was political, they can delete it. i just found it pertinent to the discussion and didn't think it would cause an issue.

you wanna go, hit me in a PM and keep this off the forums.