New Jets uniforms

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Like I said, the pants are that color because they appeared to look like a shiny silver through old TV sets. Now they just look green. Definitely an odd look but I guess they are afraid to change them now because they have been there for so long. Think of it like the Browns getting a logo on their helmet. I'm also not sure how the unis would look in dark blue instead of light blue.

Well, I can understand that, but I don't see the need to keep the trousers anymore given the high def. White trousers with a blue line would be sufficient nowadays.

Flamma

Reaction score
Well, I can understand that, but I don't see the need to keep the trousers anymore given the high def. White trousers with a blue line would be sufficient nowadays.

Yep. Or the actual silver they were going for. High def. TVs show it like it is.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Dig the helmet, but I still prefer the 80's Jets logo on that background.

The rest of the uniform is horrific. An NFL team should have a dignified look. This is AAF level. These have gone backwards from what was an excellent uniform.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I actually don't think it would be that difficult. I think the green pants make no sense at all. I think our classic helmet was really cool. I also like our colour rush unis, but think there could be a bit of a change to it too. For the white unis, I'd actually almost use our current colour rush unis for that. For the blue unis, I'd actually make it pretty much all blue. Blue jersey and blue pants. Or, just blue jersey and white pants like the 80s (before my time of course). I really like that we've been doing that more with the blue jerseys and white unis. I'd also like for us to have the option again to wear the 60s unis.

I also like the look of this as a blue option to our colour rush. I found this when I was looking on google. If the mods want me to take it down, I will, but I just thought I'd share this:
https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/590/289/4289590.png (Link to credit where I found it)

4289590.png

I'm aware that the image is a bit large, but bloody hell, that'd look good! I'd almost want this as our blue unis full time.
No to the blue facemask.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Seems fine. Though I hate color rush crap where the pants and jersey are the same color.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
14_large.png

They're basically going back to their green-helmeted uniforms of the 1980s. The best thing Bill Parcells did for the Jets, besides getting them to the AFC Championship, was to change their uniforms back to the Namath-era Jets. Those unis with the white helmets looked cool. At least when Parcells brought them back it reminded us that the Jets actually did win one Super Bowl. Now the Jets unis are both ugly and remind people that they haven't won jack in ages. And before anyone howls that the Cowboys haven't either, the Jets haven't won the big dance since Richard Nixon was in his first term. The country was still in the Vietnam War, and not all Americans had color television sets. No one owned a personal computer. You could still smoke on flights and advertise cigarettes in TV commercials. If you needed to record something, you would probably use a reel-to-reel tape recorder. The Beatles were still together. Kiss had yet to record their first album. Okay, you get the idea. The new unis suck and the Jets should at least hang onto the uniforms they had when they were actually champions.