New kickoff rule approved

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Hopefully more returns, every kickoff went for a touchback it seemed

reddyuta

Reaction score
very good.glad we have a good return guy atleast. but we need one more return guy.we also have a great kicker who can hit it high and try to land it in the "landing zone" but obviously needs more practice.no team wants to give the opposing team a touchback as it will mean they start at the 35 yard line.I also think it will reduce injuries as there is no head start for the covering team.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
It's very exciting rule change.

More dynamic returns with an emphasis on kickers who can placed the ball hit with a lot of end over end rotation to make the ball tough to catch.

Also shifty returners who get up to speed fast will be coveted. 3 - cone here we come.

I suspect a 30% increase in KO TDs.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'm assuming they don't care about the on side kick, maybe it's too dangerous or nobody thought about it lol

IDEA: If the kicker can get it from where he is into the field goal post, it's an automatic touchdown lol

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Why will this kill the on side kick? It just makes it much much muuuuuch harder to execute! :)

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Way to kill the onside kick.
The onside kick was pretty much dead already. Ever since they eliminated the running starts on kickoffs it’s been an almost dead play.

I’d love to see another system to replace the current inside kick rule.

The only thing I’ll truly miss is the surprise onside kicks that you see maybe once a year.