New member from North Dakota! Coming for week 2. have questions!

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
For my step-sons 10th birthday (who I have raised right...to be a super fan of the Cowboys)...I'm bringing him on a trip to the Sunday Night game. Main question is about parking. Is it best/easiest to pre purchase parking at one of the lots around the stadium from parkwhiz or other sites? Or is it best/easiest to go to one of the restaurants offering the shuttles? Or is there another option?? I know nothing about the area around the stadium...and while we are willing to walk from the surrounding lots to the stadium...is there anything to be concerned with since I'll have a 10 year old with me.

Also, what is best to do at the stadium before the game?? What is happening around the stadium that we should check out and experience??

Thanks in advance for the advice!! We are very excited to experience it all in person...finally!
Pick a restaurant that serves bacon

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Do not purchase parking at the stadium lots... it is way to expensive. There are private businesses that have pay parking on game days all around the stadium. I actually suggest you get a parking lot that is as far away from the stadium as you can....well, within reason. Get something about .5 miles away. When the game ends, traffic will not be moving at all, so if you can walk 1/2 mile away to get to your car, you have a better shot at then kind of driving away.

We always get a hotel room within 2 miles of the stadium on game days. We uber to the game from hotel and then we walk back to our room, which will be faster than trying to drive in traffic that isnt moving. If you have not booked a room yet, I strongly encourage you to do that. It saves you from paying for parking as well as not being frustrated with taking over an hour to get away from the stadium. We come out from Ca and I have gotten the routine down pretty well by now. Ask away and I will answer as much as I can.

jawdad

Reaction score
Do not purchase parking at the stadium lots... it is way to expensive. There are private businesses that have pay parking on game days all around the stadium. I actually suggest you get a parking lot that is as far away from the stadium as you can....well, within reason. Get something about .5 miles away. When the game ends, traffic will not be moving at all, so if you can walk 1/2 mile away to get to your car, you have a better shot at then kind of driving away.

We always get a hotel room within 2 miles of the stadium on game days. We uber to the game from hotel and then we walk back to our room, which will be faster than trying to drive in traffic that isnt moving. If you have not booked a room yet, I strongly encourage you to do that. It saves you from paying for parking as well as not being frustrated with taking over an hour to get away from the stadium. We come out from Ca and I have gotten the routine down pretty well by now. Ask away and I will answer as much as I can.

Reid1boys - THANKS...great info to know. We have hotel already book..but not close to stadium Will take your advice and park a ways out from stadium to save money and traffic after game. I know you can purchase parking ahead of time on parkwhiz or stubhub....do you suggest doing that?? Or is it easy to find on game day? One last question (for now) how early do you arrive for the game...we'd like to take in as much of the experience as possible....so looking for advice on when/where/what to do before going into stadium and/or seats.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Reid1boys - THANKS...great info to know. We have hotel already book..but not close to stadium Will take your advice and park a ways out from stadium to save money and traffic after game. I know you can purchase parking ahead of time on parkwhiz or stubhub....do you suggest doing that?? Or is it easy to find on game day? One last question (for now) how early do you arrive for the game...we'd like to take in as much of the experience as possible....so looking for advice on when/where/what to do before going into stadium and/or seats.
Well we tailgate, so we get there very early. Last year... a little tooo early as it was the sunday night game and we were probably drinking by noon. That didnt go so well...lol. You definitely want to be there at east 2 hours before the game. You will want to go see the amazing pro shop, check out the stadium... they will probably have a live band playing outside the stadium that is a ton of fun..... last year afer we beat the giants, we had a KILLER party after the game with that live music. There is nothing like the home opener in Jerry's house!