kskboys

Reaction score
Every time I see this title I wonder if what Jeff Bobbit got was considered a new member?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No wonder Don wanted to be a mod so badly!...Speaking of Don, where's he been? Did he get himself banned already?
I haven't seen a lot of posting out in the main forum from Don or ES or quite a few others like we had on the old forum. That's one of the things I do miss, the interaction level is not the same but hopefully when the season gets closer, it will be more like it was. Those two made me laugh heartily and Don was the most unpredictable poster on the site. I don't know which made me laugh harder, his missing mailbox or when he was marooned in the hotel and they wouldn't give him a fork. And the man was our official illustrator early on. If he went missing, he was usually working on his latest creation.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I haven't seen a lot of posting out in the main forum from Don or ES or quite a few others like we had on the old forum. That's one of the things I do miss, the interaction level is not the same but hopefully when the season gets closer, it will be more like it was. Those two made me laugh heartily and Don was the most unpredictable poster on the site. I don't know which made me laugh harder, his missing mailbox or when he was marooned in the hotel and they wouldn't give him a fork. And the man was our official illustrator early on. If he went missing, he was usually working on his latest creation.
The mailbox thing was a riot! I never heard about the fork incident, but I'm sure it was classic.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The mailbox thing was a riot! I never heard about the fork incident, but I'm sure it was classic.
He was doing a seminar and was stuck in a hotel with no restaurant and evidently few restaurants in the vicinity and was getting microwave food but didn't have utensils and the hotel either didn't have them or wouldn't give him one.

It was just like the mailbox incident, you could see it building and he was getting more pissed with every post. It was almost as funny as his mailbox posts but that was an all time classic for me and very hard to beat. If I had been the one to take it, I would not have given it back because I was enjoying it so much.

One of the things I love about Don is that he can only keep his identity secret for so long, when he has come back in incognito as another form of Don, and I was always one of the last ones to discover it was him and I think he played with me.

He needs to post more and hang out in the Members and Off-Topic Zones unless he's been benched again. That's what they call their time outs here.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was doing a seminar and was stuck in a hotel with no restaurant and evidently few restaurants in the vicinity and was getting microwave food but didn't have utensils and the hotel either didn't have them or wouldn't give him one.

It was just like the mailbox incident, you could see it building and he was getting more pissed with every post. It was almost as funny as his mailbox posts but that was an all time classic for me and very hard to beat. If I had been the one to take it, I would not have given it back because I was enjoying it so much.

One of the things I love about Don is that he can only keep his identity secret for so long, when he has come back in incognito as another form of Don, and I was always one of the last ones to discover it was him and I think he played with me.

He needs to post more and hang out in the Members and Off-Topic Zones unless he's been benched again. That's what they call their time outs here.
I always found his aliases pretty easy to spot. Then again, he liked to randomly say rude things to me, so maybe that gave it away. Lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always found his aliases pretty easy to spot. Then again, he liked to randomly say rude things to me, so maybe that gave it away. Lol
Yeah but it gave him a thrill to know he'd fooled me only after revealing his own true self only after posting some goofy stuff to make me believe there were two people like him, not only in this world but on that website.

kskboys

Reaction score

It was incredibly stupid when that one admin banned him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was incredibly stupid when that one admin banned him.
Yep, I agree. It was if the admin based their reactions off one post without deference to how that poster had posted in the past. It takes time to understand where a poster is coming from. When I came over here the first time, there were some that didn't "get me" and took everything for face value.

We had that problem on the old site and some recommended purple for sarcasm so posters wouldn't go off on a post.

The best approach I have found is to assume everyone is being sarcastic until proven otherwise. Take the "you can't be serious" view because after all, this is a forum about a game, supposed to be fun.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep, I agree. It was if the admin based their reactions off one post without deference to how that poster had posted in the past. It takes time to understand where a poster is coming from. When I came over here the first time, there were some that didn't "get me" and took everything for face value.

We had that problem on the old site and some recommended purple for sarcasm so posters wouldn't go off on a post.

The best approach I have found is to assume everyone is being sarcastic until proven otherwise. Take the "you can't be serious" view because after all, this is a forum about a game, supposed to be fun.
Agreed. I'm now in a "feud" with someone who either doesn't understand sarcasm or doesn't understand sarcasm.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. I'm now in a "feud" with someone who either doesn't understand sarcasm or doesn't understand sarcasm.
Well, which is it? My money is on doesn't understand sarcasm.

Ya know there are some of the same kinds of posters here that were there, they just love to argue for the sake of arguing and come in spoiling for one. And there are a few that take an instant dislike to others, I've experienced a couple like that but they don't bother me. I haven't seen HeHateMe over here yet unless he signed up with another moniker. He always seemed to be in a bad mood and enjoying it. And my presence seemed to perpetuate that.

But from what I have surmised here already is that there are quite a few more ready to spar but more ready to goof off and have fun as well. There are also those serious posters that don't have a lot of time to spend here and while they're here, they're all about talking Cowboys and I try not to intentionally mess with them. We each need to be allowed to get what we want from this site and the fact they've supplied the Members and Off-Topic Zones keeps me from "peeing in the pool" as much.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, which is it? My money is on doesn't understand sarcasm.

Ya know there are some of the same kinds of posters here that were there, they just love to argue for the sake of arguing and come in spoiling for one. And there are a few that take an instant dislike to others, I've experienced a couple like that but they don't bother me. I haven't seen HeHateMe over here yet unless he signed up with another moniker. He always seemed to be in a bad mood and enjoying it. And my presence seemed to perpetuate that.

But from what I have surmised here already is that there are quite a few more ready to spar but more ready to goof off and have fun as well. There are also those serious posters that don't have a lot of time to spend here and while they're here, they're all about talking Cowboys and I try not to intentionally mess with them. We each need to be allowed to get what we want from this site and the fact they've supplied the Members and Off-Topic Zones keeps me from "peeing in the pool" as much.
No, he's definitely not a serious poster. He just seems to dislike being on the receiving end of a joke....Also, I gleaned from the pm hesent me that he thinks he's the funniest guy on the boards. Maybe he's just insecure.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, he's definitely not a serious poster. He just seems to dislike being on the receiving end of a joke....Also, I gleaned from the pm hesent me that he thinks he's the funniest guy on the boards. Maybe he's just insecure.
To hell with that, I am the funniest guy on the boards and more insecure than he is.